So the next dominant race after humans.... - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Click for Zamnesia Headshop, Smartshop, Seedshop   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Buy Music Posters at AllPosters
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: What does the future hold for us? How can we realize our dreams?

Old 01-30-2008, 08:20 PM   #1
dudeman99

dudeman99 is on a distinguished road
So the next dominant race after humans....
Like this post? Yes | No    

Eventually the world will be non existant and the humans inhabiting it will all be gone. (unless we colonize new planets.) Humans are probably going to be extinct someday. In Millions of years after humans are gone what kind of beings do you think will inhabit the earth. There will be living creatures that evolve after us. Do you think smart creatures will rule the world again someday. I wish i could go into the future and find out. Peace.
dudeman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:04 AM   #2
themnax

themnax is a splendid one to beholdthemnax is a splendid one to beholdthemnax is a splendid one to beholdthemnax is a splendid one to beholdthemnax is a splendid one to beholdthemnax is a splendid one to beholdthemnax is a splendid one to behold
Like this post? Yes | No    

nothing is carved in stone, save some hand carves it. of course if we hadn't become human some other form that looked a little different would have.

we've been arround a few hundred thousand, the rocks a few billion. figgure it out.

=^^=
.../\...

=^^=
.../\...
themnax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:54 AM   #3
peaceful_son

peaceful_son is on a distinguished road
hmmmm that's a good question man, the first species that comes to mind would be a species of ape or monkey, depending on if they still excist. If not them then possibly dolphins or a species of whale. But it's tough man, maybe we under-estimate a lot of species, given enough time any one species could evolve to be dominate. This is an awesome thread by the way, something i'm really interested in.

peace
Old 02-07-2008, 05:24 AM   #4
Glen_Quagmire

Glen_Quagmire is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Actually supposedly squids are supposed to be the next animal that will supposedly achieve near human intellect. According to some scientists, some squids will migrate onto land and live there.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:34 AM   #5
peaceful_son

peaceful_son is on a distinguished road
Hahaha man you could be right, from what documentarys i've seen a lot of octopie and cuttlefish species display a great amount of intelligence. And the people working with these animals were raving about the discoveries they had made while working with them.

peace
Old 02-16-2008, 06:28 AM   #6
Nicksteckler10

Nicksteckler10 is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

whoa I saw some show the other day called "The Future is Wild" and it pretty much showed possible answers to this question and it showed this one sea creature that they expect to exist in like a couple hundred thousand years and its called the "Ocean Phantom" and it was a combination of like 10 different organisms and animals and they were just like a badass team of killers and spiders and stuff! yeaH!
Nicksteckler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:25 PM   #7
themnax

themnax is a splendid one to beholdthemnax is a splendid one to beholdthemnax is a splendid one to beholdthemnax is a splendid one to beholdthemnax is a splendid one to beholdthemnax is a splendid one to beholdthemnax is a splendid one to behold
Like this post? Yes | No    

what sort of creature will evolve to fill the niche we leave vacant when our own finally bites it, will depend on what sort of conditions we will have left for it to evolve into.

yes there are a number of now living species that might be prime source stock, but by the time that time comes, they'll be no more recognizable from today's living ancestors of their future, then we are, from the protohominids of our own ancient past.

it really just depends on the specifics of what particular kind of mess we leave behind in the proccesss of doing ourselves in.

i love to think of a world with intelligent beings prettier then us half ugly primates, and still covered in our own floofy fur. but that's just what some of us dream of. what natures does, consists partially of rolling dice. more specificly rolling dice every time a stray cosmic ray partical passess through someone who will subsiquently mate, and then keeping the die rolls that work.

that's how they say, we got here, whatever may have set the proccess in motion and wrote the algorythim for it in the first place.

=^^=
.../\...

=^^=
.../\...
themnax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 04:31 PM   #8
 Suib
Musical Journeyman

Suib has disabled reputation
Like this post? Yes | No    

This is a great thought, i couldn't really come up with a prediction due to the fact that when humans do finally go extinct, nature will have no through so many evolutional changes that no one can say for certain.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:32 PM   #9
Naoki_ninja
Bruce Lee's hero

Naoki_ninja is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

i say cows......

"I just like being a piece of furniture in your weird life"
Naoki_ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:05 AM   #10
stigmerica

stigmerica is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

If human beings somehow reappeared... otherwise I don't think there will be one; everything else will always be part of the circle, and we will always be outside of that circle unless we wake up in a major way, which is unlikely.

Just think Smith's line from The Matrix.