Is It Safe To Mix Hydrocodone and Oxycodone together - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Click for books about Marijuana   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room [2]

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Buy Music Posters at AllPosters
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Discuss prescription drugs and their effects

Old 10-13-2007, 08:56 AM   #1
OhhSherri

OhhSherri is on a distinguished road
Is It Safe To Mix Hydrocodone and Oxycodone together
Like this post? Yes | No    

I have one oxycodone 10/650 and two hydro 10/325, separately they are not enough for me to get off on, but if I took them together, they would be. I have never mixed them and want to be sure it's safe. My tolerence for either is fairly high. I have tried to look this up on the internet and nothing comes up except advertisements for online pharmacies selling both drugs. So does anyone know first hand if it is safe to mix the two?
OhhSherri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 03:08 AM   #2
seeingblind

seeingblind is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

yes as long as you have enough tolerance to handle that dose you should be fine, smoking opium is essentially morphine, codeine, thebeine and other alkaloids all at once. i dont think that should be a problem in fact it sounds very nice right now
seeingblind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:40 AM   #3
midnightblue

midnightblue is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

A better mixture would be hydromorphone 12mg and oxycotin 40mg.
midnightblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 08:47 PM   #4
LightBred

LightBred is on a distinguished road
1 out of 1 members like this post. Like this post? Yes | No    

keep up with the amount of acetaminophen you put in your body
LightBred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 09:27 PM   #5
AreYouExperienced
American Victim

AreYouExperienced is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Mixing codeine with codeine is usually not a problem.......
AreYouExperienced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:40 AM   #6
jahmerimaka

jahmerimaka is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreYouExperienced
Mixing codeine with codeine is usually not a problem.......
neither are codeine
jahmerimaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:13 AM   #7
zaljereck

zaljereck is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahmerimaka View Post
neither are codeine

Actually....yes they are. There is a common misconception that Oxycodone is morphine based....it isn't. They are both Codeine based. I have talked with my Pharmacists in great detail about the difference between Hydro and Oxy. They're pretty much the same drug, just different potency. About a 2 to 1 ratio. In other words, if you have two 5/325 Hydrocodone, that would equal about the same effects as a 512(5mg/325)Oxycodone. If you have any other questions regarding either of these two drugs, please PM me, I'd be glad to help.

Good Day.
zaljereck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:54 AM   #8
Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaljereck View Post
Actually....yes they are. There is a common misconception that Oxycodone is morphine based....it isn't. They are both Codeine based. I have talked with my Pharmacists in great detail about the difference between Hydro and Oxy. They're pretty much the same drug, just different potency. About a 2 to 1 ratio. In other words, if you have two 5/325 Hydrocodone, that would equal about the same effects as a 512(5mg/325)Oxycodone. If you have any other questions regarding either of these two drugs, please PM me, I'd be glad to help.

Good Day.
Wrong.

Oxycodone is synthesized from Thebaine, codeine isn't. Codeine is found in Poppys, Oxycodone isn't. You really shouldn't post information you know NOTHING about, it's not safe.

That is the worst information I have read on this forum, ever. Oxycodone is codeine based? Haha, wow. Learn some things before you attempt at answering a post, it's not safe to post false information.

Morphine AND Codeine are both derived from poppys. Oxycodone is synthesized from Thebaine. Where do you get your information? How did the "pharmacists" you know ever pass the PCAT? LOL.

Hydrocodone and Oxycodone are not similar, in strength, or chemically.

Codeine and Oxycodone are so different from each other it's amazing that someone is claiming that Oxycodone is Codeine based. Haha. This is honestly the most false information I have seen on this forum in my entire time here.

Good day.
Feelings Of U4ia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 02:00 AM   #9
kil0
The Rebel

kil0 will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

^lmao I was gonna write the same shit but I knew u4ia would do it, so I saved myself the time of typing it all out heheh.
Old 10-27-2008, 05:13 AM   #10
zaljereck

zaljereck is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelings Of U4ia View Post
Wrong.

Oxycodone is synthesized from Thebaine, codeine isn't. Codeine is found in Poppys, Oxycodone isn't. You really shouldn't post information you know NOTHING about, it's not safe.

That is the worst information I have read on this forum, ever. Oxycodone is codeine based? Haha, wow. Learn some things before you attempt at answering a post, it's not safe to post false information.

Morphine AND Codeine are both derived from poppys. Oxycodone is synthesized from Thebaine. Where do you get your information? How did the "pharmacists" you know ever pass the PCAT? LOL.

Hydrocodone and Oxycodone are not similar, in strength, or chemically.

Codeine and Oxycodone are so different from each other it's amazing that someone is claiming that Oxycodone is Codeine based. Haha. This is honestly the most false information I have seen on this forum in my entire time here.

Good day.
Never said they were the same thing. "Oxycodone is a strong narcotic pain-reliever and cough suppressant similar to morphine, codeine and hydrocodone. The precise mechanism of action is not known but may involve stimulation of opioid receptors in the brain. Oxycodone increases pain tolerance and decreases discomfort, but the presence of pain is still apparent. In addition to pain reduction, oxycodone also causes sedation and respiratory depression. The FDA approved oxycodone in 1976."

So are we playing symatecs? I never stated they were THE SAME THING. I never though they were. I simply stated that they are both Codeine based pills. Thebane is VERY simlar to Codeine. It's found in Opium. And again very very similar to Codeine. My information is and was not harmful in any way what-so-ever. I'm sorry that you feel that way. And the discussion was about Hydrocodone and Oxycodone....are the both safe to take together? ABSOLUTELY. I mean everyone's body is different and you never know, but medically it makes sense because they are pretty much the same pill. According to globalrph.com 1 7.5 Hydrocodone is equal to 5mg of Oxycodone. So basically, the Oxy is a bit strong by 1.5 times. Other than that, the chemical make up is pretty much the same. If we aren't splitting hair and trying to start arguments that is.
zaljereck is offline   Reply With Quote