Concealing Smell; Drug Dogs - Hip Forums
Hip Forums
Click for Zamnesia Headshop, Smartshop, Seedshop
Your Cannabis Connection
Search For Cannabis Strains
Strain Name:
Breeder:

Visit the MJ Guide for all your Cannabis needs!

Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Buy Music Posters at AllPosters
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Learn more about the amazing cannabis plant. Legalize it!

Old 08-09-2007, 02:16 PM   #1
Weed 4 Currency

Weed 4 Currency is on a distinguished road
Concealing Smell; Drug Dogs
Like this post? Yes | No    

Supposing the situation ever arose that I'd be facing some suspicious police when I happen to be in my car and transferring goods back to the safety of my home, I'd like to know are there any ways that the smell of an amount of mj near an 8th or less could be concealed from a K9 unit? I'm sure I'm not the only one that could find this info useful. I've heard that drug dogs can often smell marijuana even in places where it no longer exists so I guess if I've smoked it before in the car it would be safe to assume that I might have to clean the inside of the car as they would bark even if there wasn't anything in it at the time? Let me know what you know.
Weed 4 Currency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 02:28 PM   #2
Snyfin
surfing the astral plane

Snyfin will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

does anyone know the link to that "Never Get Busted" video that was posted awhile back? that would probably be your best bet because it shows thoroughly where to hide and conceal your shit as well as other good tips to "never get busted"
Old 08-09-2007, 03:44 PM   #3
nesta
Banned

nesta will become famous soon enoughnesta will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

while some sniffer dogs are amazingly good, many are not. in fact, dogs in general are not too very reliable. i've known of several people having dogs brought to their car and miraculously not getting busted.

that said, you dont want to take your chances, and there ARE dogs out there good enough to get you, and you never know what you're dealing with. basically if its a good sniffer dog, you're hopeless. but it wouldnt hurt to put it in something as airtight as possible, as close to the center of the car as possible, and someplace entirely out of sight.

there are very few foolproof plans, and those that work are usually developed and used by smugglers unwilling to share the information with others. the reason you've "heard" of people doing a certain trick is because they get caught. successful smugglers aren't exactly about to bend over backwards to share their secrets with others, because once word gets out about a new manner of hiding it, the police know to look for these things.
nesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 03:55 PM   #4
Ganja_Goo_Ninja
the penis mightier

Ganja_Goo_Ninja is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

For an 8th?

Just hide that lil' baggy someplace good, if you're really freaked, stick it in your trunk or something. In all reality, while it is possible for a dog to sniff out your marijane, it is highly unlikely that one would even be used for such a tiny amount. I would think that they might THREATEN you with getting a dog, in hopes that you just confess; but as long as you keep your cool and aren't blazing a minute before they pull you over, you'll be peachy.

There really is no "secret" -- just use common sense. And don't let the cop see you sweat. They can smell your fear. And it smells like a rasberry-cream-donuts.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:21 PM   #5
Ducky

Ducky is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

What you could try is to put it in a waterbottle full of water and figure out someway to keep it in the middle. I don't think smells can go through water.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:41 PM   #6
BudBill
Dark Helmet

BudBill is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Well the best container would be a bag made from mylar. Plastics let air escape as porous materials are. But mylar has such small pores that it keeps helium in for quite a long time. Problem is that you cannot handle the outside as the scent would be transferred from the herb to your hands to your bag.

Alot of dog handlers also give a "false positive" - saw that one on the Never Get Busted movie.

Never smoke dope in your car or carry used pipes and such.
BudBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 05:08 PM   #7
swazo
i am amazing.

swazo is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

smell permeates through everything eventually.

If you do feel like smoking in your car, spray your tires with animal piss (you can buy some at hunting shops). It will... or might throw the dogs off.

You can't fool a dog.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:13 PM   #8
TerminallyChill

TerminallyChill is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

I can't personally vouch for this, but I've heard storing dope in ground coffee throws off the dogs.
TerminallyChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 10:13 PM   #9
darkain

darkain is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

A Drug dog can smell pot, that is inside of bag full of pepper the wrapped in tinfoil, put inside a wooden box and put in your trunk.

The dog can smell that from outside the trunk.
Old 08-09-2007, 11:20 PM   #10
swazo
i am amazing.

swazo is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Look at it like this. Yes im ripping this from the movie.

Humans smell stew. mm. stew.

dogs smell carrots, beef, gravey, corn, blah blah whatever the hell gay things you put in stew.

So therefore, coffee + weed + whatever other creepy lubes you want to use = disaster. A dog will smell through it.