I have found a wonderful three bean salad recipe. Here ya go! Enjoy!
- 1 1/2 cups - green and/or yellow beans
- 1/4 cup - extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup - wine vinegar
- 1 - clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp - parsley
- 1/2 tsp - granulated salt and sugar
- 1/4 tsp - dried oregano and pepper
- 1 can (540 mL) - chickpeas
- 1 can (540 mL) - kidney beans
- 2 - green onions
In a saucepan of boiling salted water, blanch beans until they are tender-crisp, approx. 3-5 minutes. Drain and refresh in a bowl of ice-water to stop the cooking, approx. 5 minutes. Drain again, then pat dry.
In a large bowl whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, parsley, sugar, salt, oregano and pepper.
Add chickpeas, kidney beans and green onions - toss to coat.
Cover and refrigerate for up to 8 hours.