Morning glory cold-water extraction(REALLY EASY) - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Click for books about Marijuana   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Buy Music Posters at AllPosters
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Discuss datura, morning glories, woodrose, etc.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:58 AM   #1
Icktongo1

Icktongo1 is on a distinguished road
Morning glory cold-water extraction(REALLY EASY)
Like this post? Yes | No    

I found this by doing a quick search on google and it is EXTREMELY easy to do! Sorry if this has been posted before, but this is just so much easier then all of you who are doing all of thoughs polar and non-polar extactions.
I plan on trying this out tommorow, and i'll post to see how well it goes!

Quote:
QUOTE: (by anym who used a traditional cold water extraction and also wrote an extensive tek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The cold water extraction is the better way to go! Remember, water is a highly polar compound. It will only dissolve the desireable polar stuff in the seeds. It will not dissolve the unwanted stuff. So if you soak the seed mush in a fair amount of cold, distilled water (a full glass is what I usually use), the water will dissolve the alkaloids in the seeds, while leaving behind the nasty stuff. It is unnecessary to use the nonpolar solvent because the water will not pick up that nonpolar stuff anyway. That nasty stuff will just stay put in the seed mush.

Remember that oil and water don't mix. Just for educational purposes, take some cooking oil and pour it into a glass of water. The two will separate into layers, with the heavier water on the bottom. The bad stuff is like this oil. It will not go into the water.

So you filter this water and get all of the seed mush out of it. You don't want the seed mush. YOU THROW THE MUSH AWAY!. Don't eat it, or you'll defeat the entire purpose of the extraction!

Factors that will destroy LSA or otherwise mess up the extraction include light, chlorine, heat, possibly other impurities in the water, too much time, too little time, poor filtration, poor grinding, etc. To make sure that no impurities in the water like chlorine will destroy the LSA, use distilled water, or at least boil some water and let it cool until it is cold. The water should be cold. If it is warm, it might dissolve a small amount of the bad stuff and heat will also destroy the LSA. The colder it is, the more the extraction is limited to the most polar compounds. Room temp is probably okay. Do not expose the ground seeds to very much light. Light destroys LSA. You want to filter well to avoid retaining fine mush in suspension in the water. Extract for about 20 minutes.

I will lay out my favorite and simplest method here:

Supplies needed:

seeds, 1 glass, 20 ounces of distilled water, 1 large (family size) empty tea bag or 2-3 smaller ones, Coffee grinder, spoon, bowl, a sifter or splatter screen or something similar, paper towels, stapler, a touch of liquid hand soap.

Procedure:

1. Remove seeds from bags and count the number you would like to use (I recommend at least 400, and at most 600 for the first time)

2. Wash whole seeds briefly to remove any fungicides or other seed coatings. Do this by putting the seeds into a bowl and covering with some cold water. Put just a touch of hand soap in the water. Work the seeds around in the bowl with your fingers for about 10-20 seconds.

3. Rinse seeds. Put them in the sifter or on the splatter screen and rinse with cold tap water until all the soap is gone. (It is probably a good idea not to have them in the water too long, as the water might get into the seeds and remove a little of the alkaloids.)

4. Dry seeds. Do NOT use a blowdryer! Dry them well with paper towels.

5. Once they are dry, grind them pretty thoroughly in a coffee grinder, but not to the point of a fine powder. You want the black seed hulls to remain a little coarse.

6. Put the grounds into the empty tea bags and then staple the tea bags shut. Leave some breathing room in each bag since, when wet, the seed mush will expand and might break the bag if it is too full.

7. Put the tea bags into the glass which you have filled with cold distilled water.

8. Aid the extraction by getting the water into the mush. Some will tend to clump and remain in an air pocket. Use the spoon to submerge the bags and to squeeze them gently against the side of the glass. Also, you can lift and Dunk the bags repeatedly to help extract the LSA.

9. Leave glass to sit in a cool dark place for ten minutes with spoon on top of bags to keep them submerged if they are trying to float.

10. Go back and work on the bags some more with the spoon. Be careful not to tear the bag. If you do tear it and mush leaks out, you will have to filter the water.

11. Leave glass to sit for another ten minutes.

12. Work with spoon some more and then remove the bags and squeeze most of the water that remains in them into the glass.

13. DISCARD BAGS! THROW THEM IN THE TRASH! THE SEED MUSH IS TRASH!

14. Drink water.

"I am not too sure if it helps or not, but on some occasions I put a few squirts of lemon juice into the water to acidify it, possibly aiding alkaloid solubility.

A note on seeds:

You want plenty of seeds. You also want the black ones, like the Heavenly Blue variety. (the Flying Saucers and other light-colored ones are weak) You want fresh seeds. Last year's batch will be weaker. You also want seeds that are not stored in a hot place.

You might experience a little nausea, but nothing too difficult. And if you did everything right and had good seeds, you can expect to feel effects within an hour or an hour and a half.

I usually fast for at least 8 hours before consuming. I don't know what difference it makes.

Always be sure that you are in the proper setting and have the right mindset. Ignore these at your own risk. You could have a very unpleasant experience.

Chances are that you will feel quite different, having a dramatically altered mind. You will also have perceptual changes, like increased pattern recognition in things like the carpet, the walls, or anything really. You will have closed eye visuals, which are enhanced by good music. You might have mild open eye visuals if you consumed a high dose. Usually, even at lower doses, colors will look more vibrant, smells will seem more powerful, slight halos will appear around light sources, everything will seem crisper and brighter. Your pupils will dilate. You might feel some strange body sensations, like mildly achy joints in the knees, a funny feeling in the lower spine, tingling teeth, etc. Your hands will probably feel clumsy and clammy at first.

The experiences induced by Morning Glories can be quite intense, and are nothing to sneeze at. Be sure you are prepared and are psychologically healthy. If you are borderline psychotic, depressed, or manic, stay away!

Avoid really high doses of LSA. LSA causes vasoconstriction, which means that your blood vessels get smaller. This results in lower blood circulation to your extremities, like toes and fingers. If the dose is too high, or it is taken too often, this can have a cumulative effect, and your extremities can go numb and even become gangrenous. With reasonable doses spaced apart at least two weeks, this shouldn't be a problem. But this is one reason that it is a good idea to start with a small dose, to make sure that the vasoconstriction isn't bad. If you have high blood pressure, LSA might not be a good idea. And do not take it in combination with other vasoconstrictive compounds like ephedrine and caffeine. I think that nicotine might be vasoconstrictive as well, but I am not sure about this.

Be safe. And don't do it just to "get f#@ked up." Take a spiritual journey. Learn from it. Explore yourself.

My favorite thing to do while on LSA is to play a musical instrument (guitar, didgeridoo, drums) or paint or do something meditative like that while I am coming up. Don't watch TV. It puts the wrong kinds of thoughts in your head and can result in a bad trip. When I am getting into it pretty well, I retire to the bedroom and turn off the lights and put on some good quality headphones with good music. This results in fantastic visuals unlike anything you have ever imagined if you have never used a good psychedelic before. I see amazing three and seemingly four-dimensional shapes morphing and bifurcating. Often I get religious and esoteric themed visuals, like fractal cherub wings and winged eyes like those in some of Alex Grey's work. Eyes are all over everything! I see pyramids and sphinxes and Gigeresque biomechanical forms. I see amazing geometric lattice structures. I watch mathematical space-filling algorithms doing their thing. I also find that I can control the imagery by an act of will. Anything I intend to visualize comes forth and then goes beyond what I had imagined and then transforms into something else. This is great for artists! I could swear that on one occasion while listening to Mozart's Requiem, Heaven itself opened up inside my skull! It was incredible! OH, THE BEAUTY! I saw glorious celestial architecture and there were seraphs singing along with the chorus in the music. I just can't even begin to describe what this was like. I had tears streaming down my face. I was in the highest ecstacy I have ever known. And all of this with a nothing more than a good mindset, good music, and only about 500 seeds. I'll never forget it. It was probably all in my imagination, programmed by my Catholic upbringing. I don't know and don't really care where it came from. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever experienced, and I still feel great joy when I think of it. I felt so whole!

On other occasions with LSA (I took it while in a less than ideal mind state), I felt like I went to Hell. Everything was empty and awful and terrifying and lonely. I felt like there were worms boring through my brain, eating it. I was a hole. That is the only way to describe it. I felt vacuous. I trembled with horror. Everything felt so incredibly meaningless.

I hope your experiences will take you to nice places. Be careful. Your brain is not a toy. Consider yourself warned."
Icktongo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:07 PM   #2
thetrippyhippy

thetrippyhippy is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

let us know how it goes, seems a bit sketchy, someone should verify this process because frankly i hate waiting for and wasting seeds

No No No Mr.Hoffman, Thank You
thetrippyhippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 07:46 PM   #3
Icktongo1

Like this post? Yes | No    

yea.. i dont think im gonna do it today cuz i got zero sleep last night, and i wanna make sure that if i do try it i'm not in a bad mood. but when i do, ill post to all of you how it ent. if it works good then this is one of the easiest meathods ive seen.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:49 PM   #4
Colimon
Cheesus Christo

Colimon will become famous soon enoughColimon will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

Well this is about the same as the balloon smash method. You just take the seeds and put them in something (like a balloon) and smash them to bits (after you've washed them, of course). Then you just mix in a drink and gulp it down with something tastey, juice is better cause it tastes really really bad. Have a good one!
Colimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:02 AM   #5
Icktongo1

Like this post? Yes | No    

OK, well i have just ingested 400 seeds with this extraction meathod.... the water tastes like 100% shit....... I injested all the water over a period of about 20 minutes and now im feeling rather queezy, but it's not as bad as when I ate seeds plain. I'm feeling a little bit out of it and not much else. I think it may just be a placebo right now though. Not sure. I'll check in tommorow and i'll tell you all how it went!
Old 06-18-2007, 05:57 AM   #6
Sensei

Sensei is an unknown quantity at this point
Like this post? Yes | No    

hope it works man
Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:04 PM   #7
uplink

uplink is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

i've done it before (cold water extraction).

It will make you feel sick, it will make your inner thighs hurt, and it will make you feel tired. It will also make you trip.

HBWR is a better in my opinion (need so many fewer), although it has many of the same side effects. I like HBWR, don't get me wrong.

The rinsing step is to get rid of pesticides... you should be getting untreated seeds in the first place, not seeds from your general store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe.ron
fuck that shit man...when i was 15 i ate a whole marijuana plant and stayed high for 10 days! ha..
e1e4f2
uplink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:53 PM   #8
Icktongo1

Like this post? Yes | No    

ok guys, i was pissed as hell last night because I thought it hadn't worked... Well the neasea was no where near as eating the seeds without any extrction, and i was pissed cuz i waited 2 hours with no effects so i went to sleep... I was having a crazy dream, and then my phone rang a few hours later and woke me up.... i never answered it cuz i was trippin when i woke up. it definately works. I havn't tried any other extraction meathod so i can't compare, but this definately works!! and when i woke, i had no trace of a upset stomach and my head doesn't hurt or anything today, so thats a plus
Old 06-18-2007, 10:17 PM   #9
Sensei

Sensei is an unknown quantity at this point
Like this post? Yes | No    

exciting, sucks that you slept a bit of it away though. what was the trip like? any visuals?
Sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:54 AM   #10
Icktongo1

Like this post? Yes | No    

Yea, I think I was in the comedown. Closed eye visuals were a definate, and a little bit of a "Swaying" when I moved my head around with my eyes open. With the closed eyes visuals I noticed I could control what they did which was really neat. And music was awsome.
I think the reason none of the effects set in right away is because I ate a lot of food about 3 hours prior to ingesting the water. But I can honestly say, the nausea was definately no where near as bad as when eating the seeds plain.
I'm planning on trying this again next weekend sometime, but with not eating anything all day, and I will stay up for 5 hours if I have to to get all the effects. I can't really trip during the day because of parents and such, so night time is my only option.
I'm also considering grinding up some seeds and putting it in apple sause, because a lot of people said it masks the taste of the seeds really well.