variations of the peace sign? - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Click to Visit Aqua Lab Technologies   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Click to Advertise on the Hip Forums!
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: A place for hippies young & old to meet & relate.

Old 08-17-2004, 08:02 PM   #1
inbloom
as the crow flies...

inbloom is on a distinguished road
variations of the peace sign?
Like this post? Yes | No    

one night, me and two of my friends were sitting around drinking. and the one friend, whos' house we were at, has a flag he gets everyone to sign. and on it, my friend signed "peace and love" and put a peace sign next to it. except he didn't do the usual one like that, with three lines. he didn't put the line in the middle, and it just had the two. it looks like the mercedes logo, or something. and i said, "hey man, you drew your peace sign wrong." and we got into a big discussion about it, and both of these guys said that there are many variations of it, and there's even one with 5 lines.

so..ugh, is it true?

Play the piano drunk like a percussion instrument until the fingers begin to bleed a bit.
inbloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:31 PM   #2
NikkiLou6387
~peace~

NikkiLou6387 is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

yeah dude a lot of people use the 'mercedes' peace sign
NikkiLou6387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 01:37 AM   #3
Meagain
Average Moderator

Meagain has much to be proud ofMeagain has much to be proud ofMeagain has much to be proud ofMeagain has much to be proud ofMeagain has much to be proud ofMeagain has much to be proud ofMeagain has much to be proud ofMeagain has much to be proud ofMeagain has much to be proud of
Like this post? Yes | No    

Yes there was a "peace" sign without the center bar.
Meagain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 01:38 AM   #4
Willy_Wonka_27
Surrender to the Flow

Willy_Wonka_27 is a glorious beacon of lightWilly_Wonka_27 is a glorious beacon of lightWilly_Wonka_27 is a glorious beacon of lightWilly_Wonka_27 is a glorious beacon of lightWilly_Wonka_27 is a glorious beacon of lightWilly_Wonka_27 is a glorious beacon of light
Like this post? Yes | No    

i never knew there was more than one

what dose the one with 5 lines look like?
Old 08-18-2004, 02:52 AM   #5
DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

I guess it boils down to 2 things. 1)Ignorance: You didnt know, now you do. Problem solved 2) Stupidity: Your friends dont know what their talking about and were indeed, intoxicated.

Same thing for the anarchist "movement" man. The angsty teens were ignorant to the ABC or even the Anarchist fist logo (Way cooler than that A by any standard) and then stupidity kicked in as they payed for their 50 dollar A shirts with a credit card then proceded to call their friend on a cell phone to tell them...
DarkLunacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 05:37 AM   #6
Peace
In complete harmony.

Peace is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

There was a post related to this on the previous forums. And if I remember correctly the peace sign with the middle line isn't actually a peace sign. It has somethign to do with chemicals or something.
Old 08-18-2004, 11:14 AM   #7
velvet
Banned

velvet is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

As far as I know.. the 'peace' sign really is a sign that protest The Bomb (was a big deal in the '60's).. the shape of a nuclear explosion is that of a mushroom/tree.. and when you draw a that very simplistic, it's a line with two branches. The 'peace' sign is just that, but put upside down, to make clear that you are opposed to The Bomb or nuclear power in general.

Over a period of time however, the sign became a more general symbol in the cry for peace.

At least.. that's my story. Here in the Netherlands we also call it the 'ban the bomb' sign (although kids know it as the 'spice girls sign' as well.. *sigh*).
velvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 11:28 AM   #8
Fractual_
cosmos factory

Fractual_ is a glorious beacon of lightFractual_ is a glorious beacon of lightFractual_ is a glorious beacon of lightFractual_ is a glorious beacon of lightFractual_ is a glorious beacon of lightFractual_ is a glorious beacon of light
Like this post? Yes | No    

more signs are cool by me as long as people can make out what they are...
Fractual_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 08:57 PM   #9
lucyinthesky
Tie Dyed Soul

lucyinthesky will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLunacy
I guess it boils down to 2 things. 1)Ignorance: You didnt know, now you do. Problem solved 2) Stupidity: Your friends dont know what their talking about and were indeed, intoxicated.

Same thing for the anarchist "movement" man. The angsty teens were ignorant to the ABC or even the Anarchist fist logo (Way cooler than that A by any standard) and then stupidity kicked in as they payed for their 50 dollar A shirts with a credit card then proceded to call their friend on a cell phone to tell them...
hahahahaha today i saw some fag with an antichrist shirt on....and i thought of u Lunacy.....i laughed....he looked like a tool. On top of it all, it was a fancy button up dress shirt.....i had a good chuckle...then i kicked his ass.

And Count Every Beautiful Thing We Can See...
lucyinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2004, 09:08 PM   #10
velvet
Banned

velvet is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyinthesky
hahahahaha today i saw some fag with an antichrist shirt on....and i thought of u Lunacy.....i laughed....he looked like a tool. On top of it all, it was a fancy button up dress shirt.....i had a good chuckle...then i kicked his ass.
I take it you're a Christian and you hate 'fag's'?
velvet is offline   Reply With Quote