Turning Crack into Cocaine - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Click to Learn More about Brain Sustain   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room [9]

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Join the Facebook of Sex
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Discuss the technical details of the preparation of drugs

Old 07-27-2004, 11:59 PM   #1
Shaman420
Herbalist

Shaman420 is on a distinguished road
Turning Crack into Cocaine
Like this post? Yes | No    

Okay, now I'm aware of the chemical synthesis involved in turning cocaine HCI into its freebase form, but what about doing the opposite? First of all is it possible, and secondly how complicated is the synthesis? And lets say I was able to get two grams of crack cocaine how much cocaine HCI would come out of the synthesis? Any one with any knowledge on any of this, especially Ellis, would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

...Rainbow Nation culture of the HARMONIC VIBRATION here for the Synchronization of the Eternal Equation...

Aum sumukhaya namah \
Shaman420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 12:03 AM   #2
NewNoise

NewNoise is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

It's possible, and I'm sure there are plenty of informational websites about it. Start out at www.erowid.org. That's a good site on information on all kinds of drugs, and it has links to other sites with a lot of helpful information. If I find anything else, I'll post it on here for you too.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:04 AM   #3
Shaman420
Herbalist

Like this post? Yes | No    

Well I did check out erowid and all I came up with was how to turn cocaine HCI into crack cocaine.

...Rainbow Nation culture of the HARMONIC VIBRATION here for the Synchronization of the Eternal Equation...

Aum sumukhaya namah \
Old 07-28-2004, 12:28 AM   #4
eat_some_LSD

eat_some_LSD is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Why would you want to turn crack into cocaine, exactly?

The reason crack's so inexpensive is because there's hardly any cocaine in it; most of the product is made up of baking soda...so if you were thinkg of buying rock and turning it into cheap coke, well...you're better off just buying plain cocaine.
Old 07-28-2004, 01:20 AM   #5
Shaman420
Herbalist

Like this post? Yes | No    

No, see a friend of mine went to buy a 2 grams of regular coke, and he was sold crack instead. So instead of being totally ripped off I was wondering whether you could change it back to cocaine hci.

Aum sumukhaya namah \
Old 07-28-2004, 02:55 AM   #6
EllisDTripp
Green Secessionist

EllisDTripp will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

I've never actually TRIED this, but here's how I would go about it:

First off, you want to get rid of all the baking soda in the rocks. Crush them to a fine powder, and mix the powder with distilled water. The baking soda will go into solution, but the cocaine freebase won't. Run the mixture through a filter, and discard the clear liquid (baking soda and H2O) that comes out. Scrape all the remaining gunk off the filter paper, and spread it out to dry under a heatlamp.

Then take the scrapings, and dissolve them in diethyl ether. This time, the cocaine will go into solution, but most remaining impurities will not. Run the solution through another filter, this time discarding anything that gets caught in the filter. The clear ether filtrate contains your cocaine freebase, which can be recovered via evaporation (caution--ether fumes are explosive!) and smoked as-is.

If you want cocaine hydrochloride, you need to set up an HCl gas generator, such as the one described at:

http://www.rhodium.ws/chemistry/hclgas.argox.html

, and bubble the resulting gas through the ether solution. Cocaine HCl crystals should then fall out of the solution as a white precipitate.

Quote:
And lets say I was able to get two grams of crack cocaine how much cocaine HCI would come out of the synthesis?
No more than originally went into making the crack, obviously. And given the simple nature of the above procedure, certainly somewhat less than that, depending on your lab skills. No extraction is 100% efficient.

One of the reasons crack became so popular is that it gives a powerful high from a relatively small amount of cocaine. There isn't all that much cocaine base in a lump of crack. Unless you have access to huge amounts of crack at a cheap price, you would be better off just buying the powdered coke rather than trying to extract it from crack.

"Society is like stew--if you don't keep it stirred up, you end up with a lot of scum on the top!"--Edward Abbey
EllisDTripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 12:01 AM   #7
 SoFarAway
Friendly Fried Guy

SoFarAway is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

EllisDTripp, your the man.
Old 08-01-2004, 04:19 AM   #8
BraveHeart

Location: location, bocation, bonanafanafocation, fe fi focation
BraveHeart is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

yep, the guru of google
BraveHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 04:31 AM   #9
EllisDTripp
Green Secessionist

EllisDTripp will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

Are you suggesting that my post was plagiarized from some other source? If so, care to provide a link? Put up or shut up, as they say....

What I posted was a simple extraction dependent on the same solubility differences used in the preparation of freebase cocaine from powder. As I stated, I haven't actually tried going from crack (or freebase) to coke HCl, but the underlying chemistry here is simple stuff, strictly first-year college chem. Certainly nothing I had to Google for. The Rhodium link came right out of my chemistry bookmarks file.

What I DID do a little "research" on is your IP. Interesting how it's exactly the same as "wandrnshaman", who was banned, and "pinocchio", another snotty little shitstirrer who you have posted in the same threads as. Using multiple aliases in the same thread, and registering new accounts to evade a ban are both against the forum guidelines, so you can kiss your 2 new accounts goodbye now, as well.

And the temporary ban on "wandrnshaman", which was going to be lifted in a couple weeks, is now permanent.

"Society is like stew--if you don't keep it stirred up, you end up with a lot of scum on the top!"--Edward Abbey
EllisDTripp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 07:36 PM   #10
crackforkids

crackforkids is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

dont be defensive ellis. maybe he meant the link you posted.
crackforkids is offline   Reply With Quote