How much does beer cost?? - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Click for books about Marijuana   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room [5]

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Click to see Sexy Dolls
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Discuss beer, wine, spirits & other non-alcoholic drinks. Cheers!

Old 07-18-2006, 10:43 PM   #1
Kloud_Seven

Kloud_Seven is on a distinguished road
How much does beer cost??
Like this post? Yes | No    

I know this seems like a dumb question but I have never bought beer and I can't find anything online,which is just crazy.

Anyway,I'm throwing a party at my house on friday for the first time,so I wanted to know how much a 24 or 18 pack of beer would cost.I also would like to know what kind of liquor I should get for taking shots.so if anyone can tall me any good stuff that would be great.

At the little get togethers I use to go to,I would usually have shots of yager or Hypnotiq.Hipnotiq is to much though cause I'm on a budget, any ideas?
Kloud_Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:04 PM   #2
Kloud_Seven

Like this post? Yes | No    

I have no liquor store in my area,thats why I have to get a ride across town to have a friend buy it for me.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:14 PM   #3
Kloud_Seven

Like this post? Yes | No    

I live in Black Forest colorado.Out here we have a lot of trees and open space.Unforunately I don't have a car,so walking to any store around here would take awhile.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:49 AM   #4
AfricaUnite

AfricaUnite is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

In future if you are serious about keeping your costs low, brew your own. The savings is incredible.

BUt since you have no time for this any domestic brand will be cheap, miller, bud ect. You could also make it a gangsta style party and buy 40's which are also a good value for the thrifty drinker, and it'll get you crunked. "You'll be fuckin fat bitches in no time" I suggest something generic like bud if you have to please a wide variety of drinkers.

"I guess what they want is some piece of mind, but I know its very hard to find...No you cant borrow it from a friend, piece of minds got to come....from within"
AfricaUnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:41 PM   #5
nesta
Banned

nesta will become famous soon enoughnesta will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

i dont recommend doing shots of cheap liquor. cheap liquors are suitable for consumption only in small amounts and usually only in mixed drinks. i say buy a case or two of cheap beer (cheap and strong is a good combination if youre looking for the most bang for your buck....in that case i'd suggest malt liquor)

depending on your location (taxes) and what brand you want to buy, beer can cost almost anything.....

you can often get a 12pk of natural light for only a few dollars, but its some of the worst beer imaginable. on the other hand, you can find places that will sell a single 22oz bottle of good beer for $5-15 each (around here you can get 22oz bottles of unibroue for $6-7, chimay, piraat and gulden draak for $11, stone brewing company usually costs $4-6....and so on....)
nesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 09:35 AM   #6
~peace~

~peace~ is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

i got 8 cans for £5 not sure what that is in dollars, i shall go check
Old 07-22-2006, 09:36 AM   #7
~peace~

~peace~ is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

$9.29
Old 07-22-2006, 10:41 AM   #8
TopNotchStoner
Georgia Homegrown

TopNotchStoner has a reputation beyond reputeTopNotchStoner has a reputation beyond reputeTopNotchStoner has a reputation beyond reputeTopNotchStoner has a reputation beyond reputeTopNotchStoner has a reputation beyond reputeTopNotchStoner has a reputation beyond reputeTopNotchStoner has a reputation beyond reputeTopNotchStoner has a reputation beyond reputeTopNotchStoner has a reputation beyond reputeTopNotchStoner has a reputation beyond reputeTopNotchStoner has a reputation beyond repute
Like this post? Yes | No    

Get a few 12 packs of 211. They have 8.1% alcohol and the 12 packs are only $6 in my town. Maybe some Colt 45. That's pretty cheap too, and it will fuck you up. Old English is another good one that's pretty cheap.

I Can Only Build If I Tear The Walls Down
Even If It Breaks Me, I Won't Let It Make Me Frown
I'm Falling, But No Matter How Hard I Hit The Ground.......I'll Still Smile
~Micheal "Eyedea" Larsen~

(RIP cosmoknot, rangerdanger, and Geneity)
TopNotchStoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 05:14 PM   #9
nesta
Banned

nesta will become famous soon enoughnesta will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~peace~
$9.29
yeah, if you ever need to figure that out without a currency converter, in the past few years the pound has averaged around 1.50 USD....usually a little more than that.....but in a pinch a decent estimation can be made by multiplying the price by 1.5.....note that the larger the numbers involved are, the more difference there will be between the estimated price and the actual price....
nesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 05:17 PM   #10
squawkers7
radical rebel

squawkers7 will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

at the bar about a mile from my house...a bottle of beer cost $2...slightly outragously high for 1 beer IMO