Gay Communes - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Visit Weed Seed Shop for Great Deals on Cannabis Genetics!   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room [7]

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Join the Facebook of Sex
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Discuss alternative living situations

Old 07-16-2006, 04:26 PM   #1
Duncan

Duncan is on a distinguished road
Gay Communes
Like this post? Yes | No    

I think it's great that communes and intentional communities are pro-family, vegetarian, self-supporting...

But I was wondering if there are any gay communes out there. And I'm not talking about gay friendly which is a rather subjective term. Any search suggestions?
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:54 AM   #2
makihiko

makihiko is on a distinguished road
1 out of 1 members like this post. Like this post? Yes | No    

there are none, just "gay friendly" ones, but none soley homosexual. I was wondering that a while back...if you want it commune wise you gotta make it yourself.

The world is not given to us from our parents,

it is borrowed from our children.
makihiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 02:29 AM   #3
raveledinchains

raveledinchains is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Actually there are quite a few Gay Male ones on IC.org listed if your one of those faerie types:

Nomenus Radical Faerie Sanctuary in Wolf Creek, Oregon:
http://directory.ic.org/records/?act...record_id=1301

Zuni Mountain Sanctuary in Ramah, New Mexico:
http://directory.ic.org/records/?act...record_id=2850

Short Mountain Sanctuary, Inc in Liberty, Tennessee:
http://directory.ic.org/records/?act...record_id=1068

Starland in Yucca Valley, California:
http://directory.ic.org/records/?act...record_id=2915

Folleterre in Ternuay, Vosges, France:
http://directory.ic.org/records/?act...ecord_id=20479
raveledinchains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 09:37 PM   #4
Dragonwolfwizard

Dragonwolfwizard is on a distinguished road
Radical Faeries & Retreats
Like this post? Yes | No    

AS the person before me left the tags for Zuni, Short Mountain, there is also Wolf Creek in Oregon, also a Radical Faerie community, Starland is not going to be liveable for a while. Most are hippie oriented, but, you could certainly check out ones where there is only a few gay men, as so many men left the rural areas in search of acceptance, less harrassment & by far more sex with other hot out men in the bigger cities.

I left Key West after 7 yrs when I got sober in the 90's. Most of the cmty's I went to had one or none. At Twin Oaks at the height of my time there we had 7 gay men, 4 lesbians and 2 transgenders. I am now in south central Texas as the only gay male here. I miss the company of others like me, most of the communities I have visited in the last 2 years have said I was the first gay man to arrive or even consider them. Lots of hot straight guys, who like to hug & talk to me yet, never any action. I hate going to Gay Bars with all the smoke & I am sober 12 yrs now. Internet dating is hard too, I love communal living, the freedom it provides me with alternative lifestyles, having another gay man would be great, yet, as you know finding the one man to cuddle with and move into something linger term is much harder to find. I will say that all of my 12 yrs in Intentional Living has been worth it, after living in so many gay enclaves in cities like Atlanta, Philly & Key West.

I am open to more correspondence.

Kenric aka DragonWolf Wizard
Dragonwolfwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 03:16 AM   #5
Duncan

Duncan is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

The unfortunate thing about the gay listings above is the fact that there is specific reference to radical faery groups. When I think of a gay commune, I am not thinking of a community of nudists or naturalists. I'm actually thinking of just living with gay men. Period.
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:19 AM   #6
raveledinchains

raveledinchains is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Sorry I'm not sure what radical faerie at all means. I just took it as meaning they were more feminine then other gay guys?
raveledinchains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:57 PM   #7
Dragonwolfwizard

Dragonwolfwizard is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

I hear you!! I, so would like to live with all gay men, too. I feel we are a culture unto ourselves. I am not into Radical Faeries. Definition of a Radical Faerie as I can figure out is a gay man who feels he can be anything and likes to dress up in drag, makeup and garden, live and play. Most are way into dress up, I do not think all are femme, that is a stereotype, thinking about femme males. So many gay men are masculine and want to bend the rules of maleness. Zuni Mountain, Short Mountain & Wolf Creek are just areas of men who like to celebrate Pagan holiday, live together freely and it is their way of life, just another paradigm in queer life.

Uhhhhh, I like queer, fag and homo so much better than "gay", to me gay sounds Way too much. I was around when the word was decided upon to describe us as a whole in the early 70's.The Advocate, then had a poll of its readership. Since I have been queer all my life, known since age 6, I can call myself as I feel most comfortable, besides after being harrassed for so many years it fits me. Irealize alot of men in my generation hate those words since it brings up many connotations not positive, as a Boomer I am living free of negativity, learning to be in a place of positive thought, living in the Law of Attraction & The Law of Love..........unconditional.

Thanks

Dragonwolf wizard
Dragonwolfwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 11:10 PM   #8
badboybill

badboybill is an unknown quantity at this point
Rural Gay Men's Community
Like this post? Yes | No    

I am not a Radical Faerie, here is a description for those unfamiliar
HTML Code:
http://www.zms.org/zmspics.html
, but I have met a couple of guys from Zuni Mountain and they are very nice guys. I suggest looking around on their site as well as others that are mentioned to find out what is out there.

One of my long term goals is to create a Gay Male Commune. I have been planning this for over 10 years, but I am a few years (4 or 5 hopefully) from being able to start it. If anyone is interested in feel free to contact us
HTML Code:
http://directory.ic.org/22509/Gay_Mens_Rural_Community
gaymenscommunity@yahoo.com
badboybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:01 PM   #9
Tsurugi_Oni

Tsurugi_Oni is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

How will your commune grow past your generation? Are you going to adopt babies and convert them to the cause?
Tsurugi_Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:21 AM   #10
jaysonpaints

jaysonpaints is an unknown quantity at this point
Like this post? Yes | No    

I am in Canada and would certainly be interested in a community with other gay men. If anything is going on or happening, I would love to be involved. I have thought about trying to start something like this, but need to find more folks who are interested ...
jaysonpaints is offline   Reply With Quote