Beard Care. - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Visit Weed Seed Shop for Great Deals on Cannabis Genetics!   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Join the Facebook of Sex
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: A place for people to discuss men's issues or concerns.

Old 04-01-2006, 03:54 AM   #1
AT98BooBoo

AT98BooBoo will become famous soon enough
Beard Care.
Like this post? Yes | No    

Here's a little thread with beard care tips.

Some ladies complain about facial hair irritating their skin so here's how ya keep that beard nice n soft.

Here's mine. Never wash beard with soap (ie facial,bodywash etc) use shampoo and conditioner.

This routine will guarantee a soft silky beard.

Wet washcloth microwave 10-15 seconds let cool slightly. Hold over beard until clost starts to cool. Massage generous amount of VO5 hairtreatment into beard. Let sit 10-15 mins. Microwave wet cloth reapeat hold over beard. Heat will melt VO5 into beard leaving it soft n silky.

War is the sum of all Evil.- Stonewall Jackson
AT98BooBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 07:32 AM   #2
ihmurria
fini

ihmurria will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

oooh, Tony (my bf) should read this... not that his beard is terribly irritating, but softer wouldn't hurt none

neat to know, thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to pass 'em on
1,2,3 who should I kill?
Everymother fucker running up the hill.
1,2,3 what should I do?
Get fucked up get fucked up with you.
ihmurria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 07:07 PM   #3
 MikeE
Hip Forums Supporter

MikeE is a jewel in the roughMikeE is a jewel in the roughMikeE is a jewel in the rough
Like this post? Yes | No    

I wash my beard every time I wash my head hair. (OK, most of the hair on my head IS my beard.) Every once in a while, especialy after trimming, I use conditioner, especialy on the stiff pointy mustache hairs. Trimming puts a point on the hairs and the conditioner mellows things out.
MikeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 07:14 PM   #4
 MattInVegas
John Denver Mega-Fan

MattInVegas will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

Same here. Neatly trimmed and I use conditioner.

Visit http://www.hipforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104 The Kitchen Table
MattInVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 01:14 AM   #5
spooner
is done.

spooner is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Its easier just to shave.
spooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 01:24 AM   #6
dhs

dhs will become famous soon enoughdhs will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

Ha!

Couldn't imagine going through the trouble of giving my beard the VO5 Hot Oil treatment. I occasionally wash it with shampoo, but mainly just soap. Is it coarse? yes, but not nearly as coarse as my face a few hours after shaving.

dhs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:09 AM   #7
Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

From a womyn's point of view. The only time Bear's beard bothers me is when it is just coming in, or he has trimmed it, with all that irrtating sharp ends on the hairs. He does nothing except wash his face, shave cheeks where he doesn't want hair (he has a goatee, kind of) and that is fine.

I don't think the man has ever used conditioner on any part of his body. But, his hair is usually pretty mild and soft. The only time I get "thigh burn" is right after he has shaved or trimmed it.
Maggie Sugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 03:39 PM   #8
sugrmag
Uber Nerd

sugrmag is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Sugar
From a womyn's point of view. The only time Bear's beard bothers me is when it is just coming in, or he has trimmed it, with all that irrtating sharp ends on the hairs. He does nothing except wash his face, shave cheeks where he doesn't want hair (he has a goatee, kind of) and that is fine.

I don't think the man has ever used conditioner on any part of his body. But, his hair is usually pretty mild and soft. The only time I get "thigh burn" is right after he has shaved or trimmed it.
I agree. I once dated a guy with a very full beard and it was pretty soft. It never was scratchy or irritating. Only when he shaved it and it started to grow back did it scratch.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:13 PM   #9
DQ Veg
JUSTYNA'S TIGER

DQ Veg is an unknown quantity at this point
Like this post? Yes | No    

I've had a beard (not a goatee) for a LONG time. Two things I HAVE to do; wash it with shampoo, like I do my hair, and trim it where it looks pretty neat. If a guy doesn't trim his beard, it makes him look like some old hermit that lives in a cave. And if I don't shampoo it, it'll itch so bad that I can't stand to have it.
DQ Veg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:31 PM   #10
hippychickmommy
Sugar and Spice

hippychickmommy has a spectacular aura abouthippychickmommy has a spectacular aura abouthippychickmommy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie Sugar

I totally agree. My hubby has a lot of facial hair, but the only time it bothers me is after he's shaved/trimmed up. Otherwise, it's all good.
hippychickmommy is offline   Reply With Quote