Ways to clean a bong - Hip Forums
Hip Forums
Your Cannabis Connection
Search For Cannabis Strains
Strain Name:
Breeder:

Visit the MJ Guide for all your Cannabis needs!

Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Buy Music Posters at AllPosters
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals

Jorge Cervantes
Marijuana Horticulture
BUY IT!

Forum Description: Time to show off that pipe, bong, bubbler or whatever! Discuss your preferred devices and how to care for them.

Old 02-28-2006, 10:56 PM   #1
happyonehit420

happyonehit420 is on a distinguished road
Ways to clean a bong
Like this post? Yes | No    

so, does anyone have any particular way you clean your bongs? Mine are getting pretty filthy, but my big glass one is extremely difficult to clean (shape and lack of entry ways). Any tips???
Old 02-28-2006, 11:18 PM   #2
TheOMFGNinja

TheOMFGNinja is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Hey man, here's the absolute easiest way to clean it of all gunk and residue. Go to your local hardware store and get some Acetone.
Take your bong outside and put some in there, a little bit goes a long way. The stuff smells and isn't too great for ya, so try not to inhale too much of it. Its okay if you get it on your hands, just make sure to wash. Anyway after you put some on, put your hands over any openings and shake it to get the acetone anywhere.
After your done shaking it, drain the stuff somewhere.. Acetone is very famible, so I donno if your supposted to or not, but I just pour it down the drain.

At this point most (if not all) the gunk should be gone. if it isn't, or it isn't clean enough for you. do the above again and rince it with more acetone.

After you do all that. get some water and a mild soap (like for washing dishes or whatever) and then completely rinse out the bong with water. drain it, then rinse it again with water and soap.. if it still smells (it shouldn't) just keep washing..

and then you should be good to go!
TheOMFGNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 02:02 AM   #3
MikeTheMoonMan

MikeTheMoonMan is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

bling it works...
MikeTheMoonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 02:09 AM   #4
yazzer

yazzer is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

it's just so much easier to use stiff ish pipe cleaners. not those soft fuzzy ones but the ones that are kinda hard n spiky ish i can't explain it. i'm baked. haha i nearly typed barked.
i'm so barked.
(> < ) <-- This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.
yazzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 02:11 AM   #5
NoVictimNoCrime
-

NoVictimNoCrime is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

isopropyl alcohol and salt works well, just shake it up for awhile, let it sit, and drain.
NoVictimNoCrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:17 AM   #6
Tainted

Tainted is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

They make cleaning solutions for bongs. I heard they work really well, never tried any myself though. I'd just use the methods suggested in the thread. Alcohol and salt works well

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVictimNoCrime
bong cleaning solutions like 420 are waaay over-priced. homemade cleaner is the way to go.
yeah, that's what i meant to say, just go with the methods in the thread. acetone or alcohol.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:03 AM   #7
NoVictimNoCrime
-

NoVictimNoCrime is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

bong cleaning solutions like 420 are waaay over-priced. homemade cleaner is the way to go.
NoVictimNoCrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:05 PM   #8
maxxon

maxxon is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

with my big glass bong i put a shot of 99% isopropyl in it and then a table spoon of salt and then i shake it like hell. then i pour it out rinse and repeat if neccesary.

maxxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 06:04 PM   #9
boogans

Location: Up on stage, playing a finger-blistering guitar solo.
boogans is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

I watched this work wonders.

Ok, so this 2 ft Roor was...heavily-used, shall we say. It was grimy as hell.

But check it out.

Block the bowl with something (we used tape and saran wrap).
Fill the bad boy with hot water.
Put a spoonful or two of OxiClean in that piece.
Marvel at the monster you have created.

The OxiClean literally rips the resin right off the sides of the bong. Unfortunately, it kind of foams up and comes out the top, and leaves some sticky on the outside of the bong, but the INSIDE of your bong, the hard part to clean, is spotless. Just wipe down the outside with a hot wet rag.

We did this to two, beautiful, large glass bongs. They were SPOTLESS. It was AMAZING. You could fucking see through them. It was RIDICULOUS. Plus, it was easy as hell. You didn't have to do like, any work.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:49 PM   #10
MikeTheMoonMan

MikeTheMoonMan is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

with the cleaners you purchase your buying for conveince...especially if its a spoon or something and you put it in a ziplock bag with salt it will retain a bit of the taste unless you spend a lot of time rinsing it out...not to mention using salt ive read is not the best thing to use on your glass...as opposed to a five dollar bottle of bling which lasts you for at least three cleanings of any dirty spoon...not to mention the lemony smell...

edit...left it a bit ambiguous heard it was better to use rice though because of grain size...
MikeTheMoonMan is offline   Reply With Quote