QUESTION: Seroquel Abuse - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Click to Shop at Rama   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room [2]

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Buy Music Posters at AllPosters
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Discuss prescription drugs and their effects

Old 12-14-2005, 09:04 PM   #1
moka9x9

moka9x9 is on a distinguished road
QUESTION: Seroquel Abuse
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quick question, does Seroquel have any potential for abuse?

Its a seditive/anti-physcotic/mood-stablizer medication, normaly used in the treatment of bi-polar disorder & schizophrenia. Since it has downing effects, and speedy effects, I wonder.. maybe it could be used to get intoxicated.. but with the dose needed to get the speedy effects, I'd think it unsafe (since it interacts with the chemical balances in your brain i.e. dopamine)

Well what do you think?
moka9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 09:48 PM   #2
DXMsucks

DXMsucks is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Some people like it for some reason. But all it does is make you pass the FUCK out.
DXMsucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 12:06 AM   #3
Trippin' Billies

Trippin' Billies is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

lol, this just reminds me of the song Oxycontin by lil wyte... "... I pop mine with seroquel, like glue, i am stuck"

sorry, dont know anything else about seroquel
Old 12-15-2005, 05:49 AM   #4
seancourt
Free Your Mind

seancourt is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

The other day i was watching tv, and it had something on seroquel about how it can lead to diabetes and shit, it was a comercial, but really all it does is make you pass out like dxm said
Old 12-15-2005, 05:52 AM   #5
phantastick

phantastick is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

friday night i was at my buddies house and we found his mom's seroquel. so i've got like... a bazillion pills of em 200 milligrams a piece. i dunno. it makes me fucking flip a shit. it gives me major muchies my eyes get red as shit and i get a body buzz. i woulodn't do it all the time tho.

he wrote the fucking book OK?????

what can i say? i've got phishues...
phantastick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 06:36 AM   #6
moka9x9

moka9x9 is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

I have a bottle of 30 100mg's and a bottle of 20 25mg tablets.

So does anything think it worth it to pump about a gram of it into me?
moka9x9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 08:36 AM   #7
dj_reegz

dj_reegz is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

doses for Seriquille range from 25 - 100 mg for mood stabilizers and 150 - 500 mg for an anti psycotic. There is no idicated potential for abuse. It was originally marketed as a non adictive alt. to benzos. People who take it every day (for whatever reason) will experience a mild psysical withdrawl as with most anti depresant type drugs. There will be no cravings for it though more mild flu like feeling. In my experience these are almost non existant.

also note: Seriquille is not indicated as a med for bipolar (it'll actually make it worse). It's used as a mood stabilizer for borderline personality disorder.

dj_reegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:34 PM   #8
RxHEAD

RxHEAD is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_reegz
It was originally marketed as a non adictive alt. to benzos. People who take it every day (for whatever reason).

also note: Seriquille is not indicated as a med for bipolar (it'll actually make it worse). It's used as a mood stabilizer for borderline personality disorder.
Seoquel is not anything comparable to a benzo, it is not an antidepressant and is not habit forming.

Regardless it's dosage, It is a Major Tranquilizer in the form of drug class of Psycotropic/antipsychotic/Neuroleptic drug regardless of the dosage.

The med itself is very sedating, used as a mood 'Stabilizer' in Bipolar Disorder to help control the Manic Phase of Bipolar (Manic-Depressive Disorder) as to be used in borderline personality disorder would be to sedate or control the self injury/mutilation part of the borderline personality disorder.

It is nothing to abuse or have recreational value as it can cause major Neurological side effects as those in Halodal, Risperdal, taken otherwise can even run risk of 'malignant neuroleptic something?" and this is fatal.

Just make me pee the bed at like 26-years old and had to wear adult diapers to bed. Not a good or recretional drug.
Random act of Kindness: --> Hold the door for someone today==>> When Your already running Late!
RxHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2005, 09:08 AM   #9
dj_reegz

dj_reegz is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Were'd you get that shit.
I parphrased right off my pharm info pages (like 6 of them for serquil) that I get every frigging time I get the thing refilled. What a fucking waste of paper. And what my shrink told me. (I make him tell me every thing he knows about a drug before I'll take it).

btw you contradicted yourself if its a "major-tranquillizer" then it must be alot like the clonazapam I was one before that. A member of the benzo family which also happens to be a major-tranquillizer.....

dj_reegz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:56 AM   #10
Thefluxx00

Thefluxx00 is on a distinguished road
the breakdown
Like this post? Yes | No    

DJ_Reegz, I'm sorry man but I don't think you know a damn thing about this drug Seroquel. If you were reading your shit off the pharmacy info papers, then maybe you'd spell the name of the drug right the first time, and not TWO different times throughout your posts (serquil, Seriquille), both of which, are nowhere close to the proper spelling. I've actually been on the drug now for years (800 mg a day), and I can definitely tell you that the withdrawal of coming off of it is a horrible nightmare, I've tried 4 times and failed again as of last night, after being off it for 4 days. I could go on and on about this, but all the info I have for you did not come off a piece of paper, but rather through personal experience..and btw, for those of you looking to get "high", Seroquel will give you a mind change, although unrecreational whatsoever, in my opinion. And at high enough doses, can induce major auditory and visual hallucinations....along with rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath, and an all around feeling of being scared and thinking maybe you shouldn't have done this...not only that, but you'll get high for about 20 minutes, eat a shitload, slurred speach, kinda like smoking weed, and then you'll pass out for an ungodly amount of time..that is, if you've never taken it before, and feel groggy for about another day. It's just not worth it for recreational use, stick to weed...It's becoming abused more nowadays and doctors are realizing that EVEN though they said it wasn't addictive.....maybe it is. anyways, the next time I try to kick it, I will be in a detox center..whenever I get the time, after school gets out this semester..good luck, and stay away from it if you can. DJ_Reegz, if you have any more technical questions, feel free brotha
Thefluxx00 is offline   Reply With Quote