Katrina - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Click to Upgrade your Account   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Join the Facebook of Sex
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Whats going on in your mind?

Old 08-30-2005, 01:36 PM   #1
squawkers7
radical rebel

squawkers7 will become famous soon enough
Katrina
Like this post? Yes | No    

LOUISIANA:

_After hitting Florida last week, Katrina strengthened to a Category 5 storm over the Gulf of Mexico but weakened slightly and came ashore early Monday as a Category 4 storm with wind of 145 mph.

_A water main broke in New Orleans, making it unsafe to drink the city's water without first boiling it. Police made several arrests for looting.

_The highest winds in New Orleans were estimated at about 100 mph.

_Evacuations: New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin ordered the entire city of 485,000 to evacuate. For those who couldn't, the city opened 10 shelters, including the Superdome. The mayor estimated that 80 percent of the city's residents had left.

_About 9,000 spent the night at the Superdome arena. Power failed, and three hours later the wind tore away metal and left two holes in the roof, one 15 to 20 feet long. Officials said the holes were not dangerous.
squawkers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 01:38 PM   #2
bird_migration
~

bird_migration has much to be proud ofbird_migration has much to be proud ofbird_migration has much to be proud ofbird_migration has much to be proud ofbird_migration has much to be proud ofbird_migration has much to be proud ofbird_migration has much to be proud ofbird_migration has much to be proud ofbird_migration has much to be proud ofbird_migration has much to be proud of
I am also a bit windy today, but I can not top Katrina yet.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:49 PM   #3
olhippie54 
Touch Of Grey

olhippie54 is a splendid one to beholdolhippie54 is a splendid one to beholdolhippie54 is a splendid one to beholdolhippie54 is a splendid one to beholdolhippie54 is a splendid one to beholdolhippie54 is a splendid one to beholdolhippie54 is a splendid one to beholdolhippie54 is a splendid one to behold
Like this post? Yes | No    

We're dealing with what's left of Katrina here in Tennessee now.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:52 PM   #4
bird_migration
~

bird_migration has much to be proud ofbird_migration has much to be proud ofbird_migration has much to be proud ofbird_migration has much to be proud ofbird_migration has much to be proud ofbird_migration has much to be proud ofbird_migration has much to be proud ofbird_migration has much to be proud ofbird_migration has much to be proud ofbird_migration has much to be proud of
Katrina and the waves.
Old 08-30-2005, 03:02 PM   #5
MollyThe Hippy 
get high school

MollyThe Hippy is an unknown quantity at this point
Like this post? Yes | No    

there will be one small benefit to Katrina... i live in the nyc watershed in upstate ny and due to the bad drought, local officials have been asking folks to keep flushing their toilets so nyc will have drinking water... hopefully with Katrina coming, the drought will end
wire
MollyThe Hippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 05:25 PM   #6
ihmurria
fini

ihmurria will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

thank goodness I live far away from any large bodies of water :P Hopefully the only outcome of this will be property damage, and no one will get seriously hurt or die
1,2,3 who should I kill?
Everymother fucker running up the hill.
1,2,3 what should I do?
Get fucked up get fucked up with you.
ihmurria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 05:52 PM   #7
jo_k_er_man
TBD

jo_k_er_man has a reputation beyond reputejo_k_er_man has a reputation beyond reputejo_k_er_man has a reputation beyond reputejo_k_er_man has a reputation beyond reputejo_k_er_man has a reputation beyond reputejo_k_er_man has a reputation beyond reputejo_k_er_man has a reputation beyond reputejo_k_er_man has a reputation beyond reputejo_k_er_man has a reputation beyond reputejo_k_er_man has a reputation beyond reputejo_k_er_man has a reputation beyond repute
Like this post? Yes | No    

our local news paper had two homeless guys on the front page for the hurricane.... im tryin to figure out what they lost if they were homeless... their cardboard box and a crack pipe?
Old 08-30-2005, 05:56 PM   #8
 mystical_shroom
acerbic

mystical_shroom is a glorious beacon of lightmystical_shroom is a glorious beacon of lightmystical_shroom is a glorious beacon of lightmystical_shroom is a glorious beacon of lightmystical_shroom is a glorious beacon of lightmystical_shroom is a glorious beacon of light
Like this post? Yes | No    

probably their tin cans...

they were probably on front page cause they were out in the storm perhaps cause they were homeless...dunno..
mystical_shroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 06:07 PM   #9
Death
Grim Reaper

Death has a brilliant futureDeath has a brilliant futureDeath has a brilliant futureDeath has a brilliant futureDeath has a brilliant futureDeath has a brilliant futureDeath has a brilliant futureDeath has a brilliant futureDeath has a brilliant futureDeath has a brilliant futureDeath has a brilliant future
Like this post? Yes | No    

keep flushing your toilet for drinking water? i dont get it. If you flush your toilet, arent you using the water thats coming from the treatment plant in the first place?

and its a rainy gloomy day here in soutern ohio too. I hope i can get a ride to work
Old 08-30-2005, 06:15 PM   #10
Lodog
killing them softly

Lodog has a brilliant futureLodog has a brilliant futureLodog has a brilliant futureLodog has a brilliant futureLodog has a brilliant futureLodog has a brilliant futureLodog has a brilliant futureLodog has a brilliant futureLodog has a brilliant futureLodog has a brilliant futureLodog has a brilliant future
Like this post? Yes | No    

I don't have that much emotional investment in the goings-on in the South right now. However, I will note this: this is New Orleans we're talking about. They're not only survivors, they're partying survivors. Southern Decadence, the gay Mardi Gras, is scheduled for this weekend. Everything will be back to normal by then, because New Orleans will be damned if they can't throw a good party. It's a matter of civic pride, and fleecing boozing people out of their money, which in New Orleans goes hand-in-hand. Laissez le bon temps roulet.

(If you can afford to get there. Katrina's caused wholesale gas prices to rise. Like any excuse was needed for that to happen.)