owsley LSD - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Click to Upgrade your Account   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Buy Music Posters at AllPosters
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Find solutions to your problems by asking our wise old hippies

Old 12-09-2008, 10:47 PM   #1
captaindreadlock

captaindreadlock is on a distinguished road
owsley LSD
Like this post? Yes | No    

hello hope all is well with everyone.
i was wondering what owsley LSD was really like? how strong was it? do u know how many micrograms the hits were?
captaindreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 08:03 PM   #2
captaindreadlock

Like this post? Yes | No    

cool thamx for the responses
Old 12-22-2008, 12:26 PM   #3
shameless_heifer
Super Moderator

shameless_heifer is a glorious beacon of lightshameless_heifer is a glorious beacon of lightshameless_heifer is a glorious beacon of lightshameless_heifer is a glorious beacon of lightshameless_heifer is a glorious beacon of light
Like this post? Yes | No    

Owsley's LSD was 250 micrograms, it was very potent and there was no speed in it. It was smooth and it kept you there about 5 or 6 hours in a peek condition.

It was like either Owsely's or Sandoz. Owsely was an independent, Sandoz was a chem co. that Timothy Leary use to develop his formula. They were both some most excellent head food. I don't know where we would be if not for The Happening.

Brightest Blessings on your journey
sh
shameless_heifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:00 AM   #4
WE1

WE1 is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Owsley started with the purple batch in the fall of 65, when Sandoz could no longer sell it legally in the U.S.

The Pranksters loved it, and so did The Dead.

In fact, I believe Mr. Stanley was the Grateful Dead's first sound man. And used the profits he made from his acid to launch the band.

So Owsley caught on like wildfire in the Haight.

During sometime in early to mid 67 Owsley became far stronger than 250 mikes. Basically because customers demanded it. More bang for the buck, I suppose. I've heard stories from folks who know that The Bear brewed batches of 500 mikes, per tab, by special request, and for special occasions in 68/69. But generally Owsley was in the 250-350 range.

If I remember correctly, I paid 50 cents for my first tab of Owsley in the spring of 68.

Peace out. WE demand it.
WE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:25 AM   #5
Ddoright

Ddoright is a jewel in the roughDdoright is a jewel in the roughDdoright is a jewel in the rough
Like this post? Yes | No    

I was was told I was using purple owsley on several occations back in the late 60's - but who knows. From what I understand he was a bit reclusive, used to provide it to the Grateful Dead and others on the scene. He gave most of what he made awayHere's a picture of him back in the day .
Ddoright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 05:45 PM   #6
captaindreadlock

Like this post? Yes | No    

wow thanx so much everyone exactly what i was lookin for
Old 12-28-2008, 03:32 AM   #7
10000 lighr years

10000 lighr years is on a distinguished road
purple haze
Like this post? Yes | No    

i wonder if that was equivelant to what you descirbed..it was around in austin in the late 60's and early 70's.but i doubt it was as powerful as what you write about..but it could stretch you out to the limit..Sandoz huh..i never new they synthesized this...=WE1;5072380]Owsley started with the purple batch in the fall of 65, when Sandoz could no longer sell it legally in the U.S.

In fact, I believe Mr. Stanley was the Grateful Dead's first sound man. And used the profits he made from his acid to launch the band.

During sometime in early to mid 67 Owsley became far stronger than 250 mikes. Basically because customers demanded it. More bang for the buck, I suppose. I've heard stories from folks who know that The Bear brewed batches of 500 mikes, per tab, by special request, and for special occasions in 68/69. But generally Owsley was in the 250-350 range.

If I remember correctly, I paid 50 cents for my first tab of Owsley in the spring of 68.

Peace out. WE demand it.[/quote]
10000 lighr years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 03:24 PM   #8
shameless_heifer
Super Moderator

shameless_heifer is a glorious beacon of lightshameless_heifer is a glorious beacon of lightshameless_heifer is a glorious beacon of lightshameless_heifer is a glorious beacon of lightshameless_heifer is a glorious beacon of light
Like this post? Yes | No    

We didn't get into Owsley's until the late 60s. Sandoz was Uncle Tim's 'Man', and we got ours from him, TL. It was 250 mics, they did later up the dosage for two hitters, to share with your buddy/partner.

First time for me was in 64ish. I had been smokin' reefer and hash, did a few mushies for a while and decided to trip along with everyone else. I had been to the Drop-Ins B4 but did not drop.

This one time I felt compelled to dive right in and join along. I asked my sister if I could and she said cool, so Tim gave me a little vial of purple liquid and I slammed it back and licked the rim.

We were all sitting in a circle outside, under the trees. We were in so cali in Majeska Canyon where my sister n bro in law lived. Majeska Canyon was connected to Laguna Canyon/Laguna Beach, where Mystic Art World was located and was Timothy Leary's HQ more or less for his Brotherhood of Eternal Light. He had a little Phychedelic Church a couple of houses down from my sis n bil house in Majeska Canyon..

We all droped about the same time and started coming on in unisom. I noticed that everyones eyes were getting wider and their mouths were begining to curl up in funny grins.

There was sitar music coming from what seemed a long way away, and laughter trickling into the trees, dancing with the leaves and the Paisely air made ripples as we breathed it in and out.

It was a little unearthing and I would hold my breath bc it sacred me a little. It was like I heard a collective voice in my mind gently coax me to breath. I would realize that I was not breathing and start breathing again.

It was the wierdest feeling, to feel everyone like they were part of you and you them. To not speak but feel what is unspoken.

After I got my breathing in sync with the colors and patterns, I was flyin' high. The men were talking about religion, not the western bible thumping but of distant beliefs that prevolked thought and study.

I could not move my legs. I felt like a sponge, soaking up every vibration. I could see them in the words being spoken. I would reach out to touch them and everyone would giggle.

We ate fruit, cheese, broke bread and drank wine. When we reached our peek we Omed and embraced. We had a few more sessions like this untill the Canyon was burned out and flooding started and ran everyone off.

I would run into Tim and Co when we would visit his headshop from time to time. I later would see Timothy again in San Francisco's Haight Ashbury's Golden Gate Park. He was beyond my reach by then. He was surround by Guru Groupies.

Sorry if that was off topic, the mind seems to float away while remenising. esp about LSD, talk about flashbacks!!

Y'all have a Safe and Happy New Year.
sh
shameless_heifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:16 AM   #9
10000 lighr years

micrograms
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10000 lighr years View Post
i wonder if that was equivelant to what you descirbed..it was around in austin in the late 60's and early 70's.but i doubt it was as powerful as what you write about..but it could stretch you out to the limit..Sandoz huh..i never new they synthesized this...=WE1;5072380]Owsley started with the purple batch in the fall of 65, when Sandoz could no longer sell it legally in the U.S.

Peace out. WE demand it.
[/quote]
Old 02-15-2009, 03:41 AM   #10
10000 lighr years

micrograms
Like this post? Yes | No    

wow..i never thought about the strength of lsd in actual chemical equivelents..i never knew or talked to anyone who new the micrograms
of active ingredient in the product..shameless's descriptions bring back many memories.. i remember window pane as being a very srong dose and one called white rabbitt..it took me like nothing else..sitting on the floor it seemed like my mind was extremely distant from my legs and feet and the floor was rolling like waves..it was as she said somewhat a scary encounter at first...other memories return as i read your descriptions..i think there were very competennt chemists in all parts of the country..maybe cali was the epicenter..anyway thanks for being here...we are the pouress ones..quote=10000 lighr years;5083005]i wonder if that was equivelant to what you descirbed..it was around in austin in the late 60's and early 70's.but i doubt it was as powerful as what you write about..but it could stretch you out to the limit..Sandoz huh..i never new they synthesized this...=WE1;5072380]Owsley started with the purple batch in the fall of 65, when Sandoz could no longer sell it legally in the U.S.

Peace out. WE demand it.[/quote][/quote]