Jamaicans, Rastas, oral sex - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Click to Upgrade your Account   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room [6]

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Click to Advertise on the Hip Forums!
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: The rasta way is from de heart. Jah Love!

Old 07-13-2004, 09:22 PM   #1
barefootnikki

barefootnikki is on a distinguished road
Jamaicans, Rastas, oral sex
Like this post? Yes | No    

My boyfriend works with a couple guys from Jamaica. One is Rasta. Ok... here's my question....

The non-Jamaicans were joking around with the J's about oral sex because the J's don't do that. Is that something in the Rastafari religion or is it a cultural thing? Anyone here know?

Also... are people Rasta's, Rastafaris, Rastafarians... what's the term (like Christian, Buddhist, etc).

Not sorry for my ignorance, just sorry if this post is confusing or out of line.

peace
barefootnikki
barefootnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 10:15 AM   #2
Stalkz

Stalkz is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootnikki
My boyfriend works with a couple guys from Jamaica. One is Rasta. Ok... here's my question....

The non-Jamaicans were joking around with the J's about oral sex because the J's don't do that. Is that something in the Rastafari religion or is it a cultural thing? Anyone here know?

Also... are people Rasta's, Rastafaris, Rastafarians... what's the term (like Christian, Buddhist, etc).

Not sorry for my ignorance, just sorry if this post is confusing or out of line.

peace
barefootnikki
I'd guess the reason that Rastafari don't perform oral sex is for the same reason jews don't. Unlike Christianity, Rastas aren't hypocrites when it comes to following the bible. Christians totally ignore the old testament when it's inconvenient. Rastafari pays special attention to it.

And its "Rastafari". Like "I'm Rastafari". People often say rasta for short though..
Stalkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2004, 11:56 AM   #3
barefootnikki

Like this post? Yes | No    

That's what i thought!! I told my bf maybe that was the reason..... that it's in the bible (sodomy). He had a very surprised look on his face.
Thanks for the info...
peace
barefootnikki
Old 07-22-2004, 09:10 PM   #4
 Levi
Hip Forums Supporter

Levi is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Um, oral sex and sodomy are 2 different things.

I dated a jamaican guy for a long time. He said that Jamaicans just don't do that. Even Jamaicans that aren't Rastas. (he is.) A lot of the people from rural areas are 'old fashioned' that way. Uncircumcised, not adventurous. I suspect the city people aren't that way to such an extent.

Funny thing, he wouldn't do it when we dated, but later another American lady convinced him to try it. We have a convert. Maybe that's for another forum.

-The Twinkle Brothers
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2004, 01:14 AM   #5
barefootnikki

Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi
Um, oral sex and sodomy are 2 different things.
Umm, not really. People think only anal is sodomy but it's more.

1. copulation with a member of the same sex or an animal
2. noncoital and especialy anal or oral copulation with a member of the opposite sex.

Got that from merriam webster but couldn't get it to paste here (using mozilla and it won't work right).

Thanks for the info though and YEAH, someone made a convert :P

peace
barefootnikki
Old 07-26-2004, 11:51 PM   #6
 Levi
Hip Forums Supporter

Levi is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

I learn something new every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barefootnikki
Umm, not really. People think only anal is sodomy but it's more.

1. copulation with a member of the same sex or an animal
2. noncoital and especialy anal or oral copulation with a member of the opposite sex.

Got that from merriam webster but couldn't get it to paste here (using mozilla and it won't work right).

Thanks for the info though and YEAH, someone made a convert :P

peace
barefootnikki

-The Twinkle Brothers
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 04:28 AM   #7
GanjaPrince
Banned

GanjaPrince is on a distinguished road
The yoni is Jah's creation, Jah is also the divine mother, and she is the woman, eating her for eternity is a must, until she is satisfied, let her bathe you in orgasm after orgasm, melt into her energy, and realize she is you. And the Siva Lingam is worshiped by the divine mother, if she wills it, with her mouth, her body, her hands... all over your body, kisses all over your body, who is who, what is what, we are we, melting, merging, ecstasy, bliss, sense doorway to ultimate, smoke some ganja before, meditate, praise be jah!
GanjaPrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 01:43 AM   #8
Co0kiezGurl
Banned

Co0kiezGurl is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Heh, I never knew oral was considered sodomy until my fiance joined the airforce. He was telling me about this bunch of rules or whatever, with the various punishments that went along with all of them. They made fun, all the time, of how every one of those rules had death as a possible punishment. So one of the rules was NO SODOMY, and so fiance and his buddies would scream at each other jokingly when oral would come up in conversation, "PUNISHABLE BY DEATH!!!!" lol, of course it's not, der, but it was so funny to hear all that over the phone all the time.

oh and, while I'm not your typical Christian, we don't just ignore the old testement when it's inconvenient. We don't live by the old testement. We learn it and read it to learn about the background and beginning of our faith...but the new testement, when Jesus came and changed everything, is the part we live by. So it's not ignoring, it's just a new part of the faith that we believe and other religions don't. Now, if you'd said something about us being hypocritical and ignoring the new testement, I would agree that a lot of us do unfortunately (not all of course!). But the old testement is not SUPPOSED to be the part CHRISTians live by....even though so many quote from it to prove some awful views...that's not supposed to be our main focus cause we're supposed to be living by the new testement rules. Well, that's what I've always learned in my 22 years anyway. If I'm wrong, blame it on the women who taught me in Sunday school and the Christians around me and online that I identify with.

But anyway...I just wandered in here to learn a bit and found this thread interesting. Just had to defend myself on that little bit up there though.
Co0kiezGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 02:59 AM   #9
freedbypeace
A Woman Left Lonely

freedbypeace is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

I went to Jamaica a couple months ago and I asked my good friend Steppa, who lives there why oral sex was taboo, and he told me that it is because it shows a woman is a slut and she does not have any respect for herself,...not just rastas. any questions, ask me

Be the change you wish to see in the world. ~Ghandi
freedbypeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 03:00 AM   #10
freedbypeace
A Woman Left Lonely

freedbypeace is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedbypeace
I went to Jamaica a couple months ago and I asked my good friend Steppa, who lives there why oral sex was taboo, and he told me that it is because it shows a woman is a slut and she does not have any respect for herself,...not just rastas. any questions, ask me
its also very degrading, if you think about it, basically what i siad btu i started to think!

Be the change you wish to see in the world. ~Ghandi
freedbypeace is offline   Reply With Quote