Weird New Yoplait Commercial - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Advertise on the Hip Forums   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Join the Facebook of Sex
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: This forum is for vegetarians, vegans, and those interested in learning more about the vegetarian lifestyle.

Old 06-21-2004, 01:18 AM   #1
peacegal

peacegal is on a distinguished road
Weird New Yoplait Commercial
Like this post? Yes | No    

I recently saw a commercial in which sheep, cows, and chickens were dancing around joyfully. The voiceover said something along the lines of, "If you're counting carbs, now there's more to eat than just meat!" and stated how thrilled animals would be if you cut down on meat.
I got all excited, because I thought the ad would be for Gardenburgers or Morningstar Farms (seeing as they've all jumped on the "carb" bandwagon now )
The ad was for YOPLAIT. It doesn't even make any sense, since yogurt is far from a replacement for meat. (Who's going to eat yogurt and a potato when they'd normally eat steak?) The only good thing about it is that it reminds people that meat comes from animals, animals don't want to be eaten, and the low-carb fad means more animals are being killed.
Now, whether animals would be thrilled about a product that contains both milk and gelatin is up for debate!
peacegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 01:26 AM   #2
barefootnikki

barefootnikki is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

I've seen this disturbing commercial too. I, like you, was excited. You are right though - - atleast it makes people look at meat for what it is *ANIMALS*.
Have you seen the billboards for Chick-Fil-A? It shows cow statues painting over the billboard things like *eat more chicken*. Sad.
peace
barefootnikki
barefootnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 02:47 PM   #3
peacegal

Like this post? Yes | No    

Yes! I have seen those billboards when driving through some southern areas.

Burger King also had the audacity to do a promotion with the vegetarian-friendly movie Chicken Run, telling kids to eat more beef to "save the chickens".
peacegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 08:32 PM   #4
veritaslateo

veritaslateo is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

ahh well atleast burgerking has veggie burgers though... and there dang good in my opinion
Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history. We have no Great War No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war..our Great Depression is our lives.
veritaslateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 12:33 AM   #5
Sunburst
Fairy

Sunburst will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

I know! At the grocery store I work at, in the meat part, they have a catoon of a happy chicken and it says "Chester the chicken says: eat Alberta beef!", I'km like "Oh yes. I'm sure the chicken WANTS you to slice up and eat his farmyard friends..."

~*You cannot dance like drunken pixies on the beach
there are land mines berried all over the place...*~
Sunburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 12:40 AM   #6
peacegal

Like this post? Yes | No    

My mom got a flag for Thanksgiving which shows a turkey holding a sign that says, "Eat More Corn!"
Old 06-22-2004, 09:59 AM   #7
loveflower

loveflower is a glorious beacon of lightloveflower is a glorious beacon of lightloveflower is a glorious beacon of lightloveflower is a glorious beacon of lightloveflower is a glorious beacon of lightloveflower is a glorious beacon of light
Like this post? Yes | No    

we should all eat more corn! for easter my grandma, even though she's always getting after me for not eating meat, made a potato thing that was GOOOOd i could've eaten ir forever.. i should ask her to make it again. also my parents who are against me being a vegeterian always set some food aside before they add the meat (stews/soups, beans, spaghetti sauce, etc..)

loveflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 05:18 PM   #8
drumminmama
Super Moderator

drumminmama has disabled reputation
Like this post? Yes | No    

What is it with the low carb fad?
The past several Vegetarian Times magazines have had low-carb articles and recipies.
If only the emphasis would return to WHOLE GRAIN carbs (slower to digest, less insulin stress ), then, yeah, the refined carb limitation would make sense.
But avoiding an apple and eating a steak the size of your head is hardly a "diet," as in weight loss regime, choice.

For a really funny take on Atkis, see the Fatkins Diet cartoon at
www.illwillpress.com
This is Foamy the Squirrel, who is a hero in my office.
He *will* offend plenty of people, ad the language is raw, so us headphones in public space.

As for Yoplait, many veggies use yogurt in the stepping-down process. I use White Mountain yogurt which is thin and has no gelatine (but still dairy), and it IS good on a baked potato! It's the best for raita, too. Comes in a glass jar.

Have long hair? Come talk!

Flowing Tresses
drumminmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:29 PM   #9
scrap_rat

scrap_rat is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

This morning, consigned to the bowells of third of shift at a TV station, I finally saw a beef commercial I liked. It was in the show AG Day (hey, I got paid to watch it) and had the calves playing in a pasture and showed the steaks packaged in the meat section of a grocery store. It wasn't intentional but it really showed the reality of the situation, especially when they kept refering to these calves as 'investment' and 'commodities'. Really showed where the concern lay.

As for chickens worrying about eat their barnyard friends though, chickens lack compassion (and most of a brain.) More than once I've seen them resort to cannabilism when one of their own get's injured. I guess the point is don't be a chicken!
Old 06-23-2004, 12:56 AM   #10
backtothelab

backtothelab will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

I don't think yogart has gelatin in it, or at least it does'nt have to.
"Your gang's done gone away."

backtothelab is offline   Reply With Quote