homophobia in dancehall - Page 2 - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Buy Posters Here!   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Click to Advertise on the Hip Forums!
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: The rasta way is from de heart. Jah Love!

Old 10-26-2011, 10:30 AM   #11
Brigante

Brigante will become famous soon enough
2 out of 2 members like this post. Like this post? Yes | No    

I have a son who is gay an for a time i was at war with Rasta beliefs an the Bible for saying that my son is already dead for his sin.
I had a long discussion on a certain Rasta forum about some animals being naturaly gay an the derogatory term "Batty Bwoy" being prejudice an was no better than the 'N' word.

Anyway after a heated discussion with most of the Rasta forum against what i was saying an their explanation that Homosexuality was an abomination to my sons ancestors an the end of the family lineage as it stops at my sons decission to become gay an not carry on the family line through breeding?.... WTF,yeah! i know, the argument for that is full of holes IMHO, thats where the religion falls down for me in its rigid an unflexible stance.

I have come to the decision that if my son is to die(spiritualy) for his sexuality then i am right there with him an accept death too, as i cant abide with this unflexible aproach to something that is as natural as the animals that practice it too, plus being gay has the advantage of not overbreeding an perhaps is there for that reason to balance the species?
I suspect that the real interpretation of the Bible scripture could mean that those who practice casual sex either hetero or gay are indulging in lustful self gratification which is also a sin according to scripture.

Alternatively if a couple, man an woman, man an man or woman an woman lay together in a Loving relationship instead of casual sex then is it not wrong? But thats not to say that casual sex is wrong, i mean the Bonobo's practice it all the time an dolphins enjoy sex for fun apparantly? as do many other species, but i would of thought that Jah would bless those that are bonded in love? Also the cultural conditioning of a country that has a huge AIDS epidemic must also weigh heavily in the attitude towards homosexuality?

I am still not 100% sure on all this an am in a battle within my mind as to what the scripture realy means, does God realy wanna kill my son for something that he was naturaly born to, an if so then what is the point for his existence? or have we misinterpreted what the true meaning of the scriptures realy is? If God is meant to be ALL forgiving an full of compassion how come my son is condemned to sprititual death along with all other gay men an women?

In indiginous cultures around the world gay people have been named in certain cultures as 'Two spirit people' an are regarded as healers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-Spirit
http://bermudaradical.wordpress.com/...north-america/
Brigante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #12
MrLunatic

MrLunatic is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

With freedom of speech, people have the right to say what they believe, whether you agree with them or not, whether you find it offensive or not.

To control what people say, or can say, is censorship. And censorship is the death of free speech.

MrLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:06 AM   #13
 Fairlight
Zero

Fairlight is a splendid one to beholdFairlight is a splendid one to beholdFairlight is a splendid one to beholdFairlight is a splendid one to beholdFairlight is a splendid one to beholdFairlight is a splendid one to beholdFairlight is a splendid one to beholdFairlight is a splendid one to behold
Like this post? Yes | No    

I hate homophobia.I like some reggae and some aspects of Rasta culture are cool.In my part of town we have quite a lot of Rastas and I always find them peaceable.I understand why some cultures have a taboo against homosexuality,and some people have an aversion to it.But you have to live and let live.Homosexuality is part of human nature.Animals do it.The ancient Greeks did it and that was before the bible and Christianity.Maybe through dialogue and reasoning we can have a mature conversation and evolve.I'd love to hear a reggae song about gay love,for example,but the artist would probably get lynched.In today's world,for a man to love a man is a good thing.
Fairlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 11:15 AM   #14
Brigante

1 out of 1 members like this post. Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLunatic View Post
With freedom of speech, people have the right to say what they believe, whether you agree with them or not, whether you find it offensive or not.

To control what people say, or can say, is censorship. And censorship is the death of free speech.

Absolutely, an im not disputing that, an i have the freedom of speech to question the prejudice(imo) views that are condemning my son to spiritual death, One might say 'who am i to question' the authority of 'God' but instead of blindly accepting something that i dont understand or agree with i have to delve deeper, so im not against freedom of speach or what the scriptures say , rather i'm trying to understand the concept behind it regardless of it being right or wrong.
Old 10-26-2011, 11:22 AM   #15
Brigante

Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlight View Post
In today's world,for a man to love a man is a good thing.
I agree, an i think its good to have a balance of men that are not all filled to the brim with testosterone an macho'ness, its good to see guys that are not afraid to embrace their feminine side, my son is a gentle lad an is a care worker who looks after the elderly an there are many gay guys who do this type of work, as i said above 'Two spirit people are considered as healers' in some indiginous cultures.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:11 AM   #16
wabbey

wabbey is an unknown quantity at this point
1 out of 1 members like this post. Like this post? Yes | No    

Homophobia is so dumb lol .
wabbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:33 AM   #17
Anaximenes
Banned

Anaximenes is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabbey View Post
Homophobia is so dumb lol .

Being immoral for hurt may sometimes get offended as "homophobia". We must blame who hurts and for what reason, at least reason we make the blame.
Anaximenes is offline   Reply With Quote