"Reasons to Avoid Aspartame" by Dr. Ben Kim - Page 2 - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Click for organic and wildcrafted herbs, teas and essential oils.   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room [2]

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Join the Facebook of Sex
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Heal thyself thru natural remedies, exercise and alternative therapies.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:19 AM   #11
Nyxx
MISANTHROPE

Nyxx has much to be proud ofNyxx has much to be proud ofNyxx has much to be proud ofNyxx has much to be proud ofNyxx has much to be proud ofNyxx has much to be proud ofNyxx has much to be proud ofNyxx has much to be proud ofNyxx has much to be proud ofNyxx has much to be proud of
Like this post? Yes | No    

I know that it rots the enamel off of your teeth.

Just drink water...
Old 08-16-2010, 04:30 AM   #12
LucidOne

LucidOne is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
You do realize that aspartame is literally the most studied food additive ever, right? Are all the studies that have been done by numerous entities in many different countries all skewed?
No, just the studies funded by the aspartame industry.

Analysis Shows Nearly 100% of Independent Research Finds Problems With Aspartame

An analysis of peer reviewed medical literature using MEDLINE and other databases was conducted by Ralph G. Walton, MD, Chairman, The Center for Behavioral Medicine, Professor of Clinical Psychiatry, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine. Dr. Walton analyzed 164 studies which were felt to have relevance to human safety questions. Of those studies, 74 studies had aspartame industry-related sponsorship and 90 were funded without any industry money.

Of the 90 non-industry-sponsored studies, 83 (92%) identified one or more problems with aspartame. Of the 7 studies which did not find a problems, 6 of those studies were conducted by the FDA. Given that a number of FDA officials went to work for the aspartame industry immediately following approval (including the former FDA Commissioner), many consider these studies to be equivalent to industry-sponsored research.

Of the 74 aspartame industry-sponsored studies, all 74 (100%) claimed that no problems were found with aspartame. This is reminiscent of tobacco industry research where it is primarily the tobacco research which never finds problems with the product, but nearly all of the independent studies do find problems.

The 74 aspartame industry-sponsored studies are those which one inveriably sees cited in PR/news reports and reported by organizations funded by Monsanto/Benevia/NutraSweet (e.g., IFIC, ADA). These studies have severe design deficiencies which help to guarantee the "desired" outcomes. These design deficiencies may not be apparent to the inexperienced scientist.
LucidOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 06:22 PM   #13
broony 
is internally determined

broony has disabled reputation
Like this post? Yes | No    

I heard on a radio show the business people who put this into our drinks and food are going to change the name. It will be something very short. I guess since a lot of the public is becoming aware of the dangers that its time to fool us again.
you shouldn't risk it!
so to the popo you wont know who will roll,
they say he got dreads, but he already out the door!
go broony go!
the story how a warrior, got so sadistic,
you'll eventually tell your kids the story of...
broony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:03 AM   #14
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 is a jewel in the roughDude111 is a jewel in the roughDude111 is a jewel in the roughDude111 is a jewel in the rough
Like this post? Yes | No    

Yes here is a thread i posted about that!

http://www.bevnet.com/bevboard/showthread.php?t=32795
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #15
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 is a jewel in the roughDude111 is a jewel in the roughDude111 is a jewel in the roughDude111 is a jewel in the rough
Like this post? Yes | No    

A good read: http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/damage.txt

Stories from people affected: http://web.archive.org/web/200806250...rsonal_stories

Whats really sad is the ones that wont listen to you when you try to tell them how bad it is!! (When it is a loved one its even sadder)

They blindly believe a doctor/mainstream info whos only goal is TO KEEP THE $$$ COMING IN! (@ least in the usa)
Old 02-18-2011, 06:20 PM   #16
broony 
is internally determined

Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
They blindly believe a doctor/mainstream info whos only goal is TO KEEP THE $$$ COMING IN! (@ least in the usa)
Diet drinks are sold and advertised globally, this is not just a US problem.

Last few years was the first time asian countries are dealing with obesity.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2006...thandwellbeing
Old 02-19-2011, 11:26 PM   #17
Aesthete

Aesthete is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

All this stuff about the "aspartame industry." I'm calling bullshit. What about the much larger and more powerful sugar industry? Why has aspartame received so much attention and not any of the other multitudes of food additives? Or for that matter, nonnutritive sweeteners in general. Here's a nice, clear, concise description of exactly how aspartame affects the body:

http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/aspar...spartamev.html
Aesthete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 12:50 AM   #18
broony 
is internally determined

Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesthete View Post
All this stuff about the "aspartame industry." I'm calling bullshit. What about the much larger and more powerful sugar industry? Why has aspartame received so much attention and not any of the other multitudes of food additives? Or for that matter, nonnutritive sweeteners in general. Here's a nice, clear, concise description of exactly how aspartame affects the body:

http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/motm/aspar...spartamev.html
Wait, bullshit that sugar does more harm to the body than aspartame?
Old 02-20-2011, 02:41 AM   #19
Aesthete

Aesthete is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Originally Posted by broony View Post
Wait, bullshit that sugar does more harm to the body than aspartame?
No.
Aesthete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 08:17 AM   #20
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Like this post? Yes | No    

Aspertame IS A TOXIN!!!!!

Anyone that says otherwise is obviously working with either MSM or BIG PHARMA (Either of which is not going to disclose the real truth)