First time taking Methadone - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Buy Posters Here!   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Join the Facebook of Sex
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Discuss opiates from raw opium to heroin...

Old 04-08-2010, 05:47 AM   #1
JenLarson

JenLarson is an unknown quantity at this point
First time taking Methadone
Like this post? Yes | No    

Hello!

I found this site and I thought it would be a good place to inquire about this. I've been doing research for months online and I still haven't come to a conclusion; there are so many opinions about methadone on the internet and it can get very confusing. I've read over and over about the long half life, I shouldn't drink or take anything else, or even take more if I don't think I feel it. I only have one, so I cannot take more anyway. I would only take it and nothing else.

I have one 10mg methadone pill that someone gave me months ago and I want to take it. I've never done heroin or most hard drugs, but I've taken a lot of vicodin in the recent past; binges I guess you could say. I've tasted withdrawls but not to the extent that some of you have. I just want to know what would happen if I took it. Can I work the next day? Will I throw up? I know it's a low dose and I won't OD most likely. Will I just want to sit around or will I have energy? Should I take 5mg and then another 5 later?

I want to take it on a day off so I can be sure I'll be ok. I'll also be alone. I'm hoping it will help with my back after working all week.

I'd like to say that I know the warnings associated with methadone concerning addiction and withdrawls, but I do not have access to any more. This is a one time thing. I just want to know if I can take it after work, enjoy it on my day off, and be ready to work the next day.

Anyone know what I mean?

Thanks!
JenLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:39 PM   #2
does2

does2 is a jewel in the roughdoes2 is a jewel in the roughdoes2 is a jewel in the rough
Like this post? Yes | No    

I Doubt you will be very high from 10mg's.
does2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:51 AM   #3
aidanspops85

aidanspops85 is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

with it being months old i wouldnt take it not knowing the exp date... if you dont have a tolerance to opiates i would say snorting it would make you feel alright... but its not fresh being months old i know that... you wont be drowsy or out of it you might feel a little speedy thats how i feel when i do methadone... but those are a last resort for me...
aidanspops85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 09:56 PM   #4
matt2993

matt2993 is an unknown quantity at this point
Like this post? Yes | No    

A friend of mine died today from an OD from supposedly xanex and methadone. I guess on friday he was popping a bunch of methadone when he shouldve only done one and today he died. figured I should throw that out there reminding some people not to be stupid with it and watch out for the people they know that are doing it too
matt2993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:40 AM   #5
whojabless

whojabless is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

youll be ok, not drowsy the next day. 10 mg isnt much even if you dont have a tolerance. i think you will be fine my friend.
whojabless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:59 PM   #6
p0ppie

p0ppie is on a distinguished road
Like this post? Yes | No    

You will be fine. Like the above poster said..10mg of Methadone is a fine amount for someone who is Opiate naive. You will not throw up, etc, etc.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:18 PM   #7
Akenes

Akenes is an unknown quantity at this point
Like this post? Yes | No    

I think Methadone is quite an inconsistent drug, especially for the opiate naive. I've had absolutely dreamy fuzzy loved-up days on the stuff with no drowsiness, then a dose double that size has done nothing except made me feel a bit itchy and annoyed. I know that's true of all drugs and opiates to an extent, but Meth is a bit of an odd one.

For that reason I'd err on the side of caution. I think 10mg of meth would be a decent-ish high for someone who doesnt do a lot of opes, wouldn't go higher than that to start.

Last Xmas eve my bro did his first dose of methadone, about 15mg (he does H occasionally) and he spent Xmas morning agitated, annoyed, slurring, dry heaving and wishing he coulda just stayed in bed instead of, y'know, eating lots of roast food and having to talk to relatives we can barely remember the name of. Lol!

Bumbaraass!!
Akenes is offline   Reply With Quote