Feeling alone around other people? - Hip Forums
Hip Forums Click to Upgrade your Account   Click to Chat
Hip Forums Home Register Forum Options Mark Forums Read Social Groups Hip Universe Hip Radio Chat Room

Thread Title Search    
User's Login
User Name
Password
Remember Me?
Click to Advertise on the Hip Forums!
Hip Shops
Latest Videos
Active Journals
Forum Description: Discuss open relationships, free love, problems in love, etc.

Old 06-09-2012, 02:27 AM   #1
Fitch3k

Fitch3k is on a distinguished road
Feeling alone around other people?
Like this post? Yes | No    

I have always felt alone around other people. I could be with a best friend, a few friends, a girl friend, or at a party and I always feel alone. Like I am the only one present in that time and space. I'm very good at getting people to open up about theirselves and get into detail about why they think, like, or dislike the things they do, but that isn't enough to make me feel connected. Anyone else experience this? Why do you think we feel this way? Anyone got over this and how?
Fitch3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:49 AM   #2
Tyrsonswood
Senior Moment

Tyrsonswood has a reputation beyond reputeTyrsonswood has a reputation beyond reputeTyrsonswood has a reputation beyond reputeTyrsonswood has a reputation beyond reputeTyrsonswood has a reputation beyond reputeTyrsonswood has a reputation beyond reputeTyrsonswood has a reputation beyond reputeTyrsonswood has a reputation beyond reputeTyrsonswood has a reputation beyond reputeTyrsonswood has a reputation beyond reputeTyrsonswood has a reputation beyond repute
Like this post? Yes | No    

Quote:
Anyone else experience this?
Yes...

Quote:
Why do you think we feel this way?
I have no idea... Just out of sync with other people.

Quote:
Anyone got over this and how?
I became a recluse.

Not making light of your thread, the above it the truth. 55 years on this planet and I have yet to find anyone that I don't feel this way with.

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

"there was something big happening that night, decisions were made and destiny cast..."~jfw~

I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time - I think I've forgotten this before...
Tyrsonswood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 03:29 AM   #3
foresting

foresting will become famous soon enough
Like this post? Yes | No    

I used to feel like that. But then I started yoga and meditation and filled my life with love and light and now I feel at peace always.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #4
Red_Rose
Banned

Red_Rose is an unknown quantity at this point
Like this post? Yes | No    

I think I understand what you mean, Fitch. I tend to find that: I can talk to people, but find it difficult to make that social connection with them that most other people can make: the kind that leads to people becoming friends rather than just acquaintences. It's as if there is a sheet of glass between me and the other person.

Recently I was diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, and psychologists are discovering that this is more common than previously thought. Forget the stereotype image of Asperger's: I'm not the Rain Man - I can't memorise telephone directories - I just find it difficult to make social connections with people. Could you have mild Asperger's too? The symptoms can often be very subtle.
Red_Rose is offline   Reply With Quote