yeast infection?

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by Moonjava, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Moonjava

Moonjava Senior Member

Okay, last night the right side of my vagina started itching... and today it's kind of enflamed and REALLY red. but it's just on one side, though... so that's pretty weird. I had a yest infection when I went to the ob gyn a couple of months ago... but other than that my pap smear was normal... and I haven't been sexually active so wtf? I suppose it could easily be a yeast infection returning, but only on one side? There seems to be like a little bump thingy, too. Does anyone have any ideas/ advice?

2. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

it could be a yeast infection if it is apart from medication you can get from the chemist. You could try natural yougart it works really well. But it could be something else as well, it might be a good idea to go and see your doctor for a check up.

3. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

I'd go ask your doctor about it. When I have a yeast infection, it's usually a lot stronger on one side, but I dont' get any bumpies that I don't normally have. Yeast infections like to flare up sometimes if you're sweating more than normal, wearing synthetic undies, eating a lot of sugar, or just because they feel like it (which seems to happen to me)

4. shadowd_dreamr

shadowd_dreamr Senior Member

it might be a bug bite....

doesnt sound like a yeast infection to me..
    when ever i get a yeast infetion it is most itchy inside the vaginal hole and on the inner labia..

i would ask your doctor...

good luck

5. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

it doesn't sound like me to a yeast infection, at least i know when i get them i feel like i've got a lit match in my crotch :rolleyes: if it doesn't start to go away i'd definitely go to the doctor, they'd know

6. Moonjava

Moonjava Senior Member

man the doc's give me the creeps!
    Maybe it is a bug bite... and the bump could be one I already naturally had and it just seems like it's caused by whatever the hell is going on down there.
    Thanks for the advice!!
    *Goes to the store and stocks up on yogurt*

7. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Hon, to be honest, yogurt won't do a damn thing for yeast infections. Taking enteric acidophulis can help (but NOT cure) yeast, but there just isn't enough good bacteria in yogurt, either eaten or placed in the vagina to make a difference. And if you beleive all the food theories about candida, dairy products are MORE likely to cause yeast than just about anything. And, yes, yogurt is a dairy product, there is nothing magical about it.

Nature's Way Primodophilus enteric coated acdipophilus is my favorite, you don't have to take it on an empty stomach, like other acidos, because it has a coating which doesn't open until it gets into the alkaline area of your intestine (not the acidic stomach, which will kill it) and the intestine is where you want it. (That's an otehr reason that yogurt really doesn't work well, MOST of the acidophilus is killed by the acidity in your stomach and NEVER makes it to the part of your intestine where it is needed.)

I'd see a doctor, because I have no idea what that "bump" might be, and unless you are sure it is a bug bite, it probably needs to be looked at. If you are not comfortable with your doctor, find an other one.

I hope you feel better. Like ihmurria said, summer is the time for yeast infections. You are hot, and you sweat more, and things like nylon undies can predispose you to vaginal infections. No nylon, no dacron, no thongs (I can't imagine anything worse with a vag infection) just old fashioned cotton undies, or no undies under a dress, if you are just going to be hanging around the house. (Don't go comando with jeans, it'll make the problem worse ;) )

8. Moving_cloud

Moving_cloud Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I have found that honey helps with yeast infections - used externally - simple ...

9. Kastenfrosch

Kastenfrosch Blaubeerkuchen!! Lifetime Supporter

doesn't honey feed the yeast ?

Even docors here tell you to put yoghurt on tampons in the vagina. there is also a suppository-like product with the lactobacillus thing to put into vagina to prevent yeast infections. I really like that stuff to fight a yeast infection from the first itch. because the convenional stuff made me sore in another way.

10. Maggie Sugar

I would think the pure acidophilus would be better than actual yogurt. There are sugars in even "sugar free" yogurt, and it is a dairy product.

11. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

i didnt read the bit about the lump, my bad my friend had a lump down there and it was a wart. she only had the one and it went away after the doc gave her some tablets and cream. im not trying to scare you but u never know, u dont have to see the doc u could go to a GUM clinic. then its a doctor that sees things like that everyday. good luck, have fun

12. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

I've actually heard that a clove of garlic (not nicked because that would burn) can also help out. I still trust products designed specifically for that moreso if it's a bad yeast infection, though I'll probably test out the garlic thing if my next one is very mild.

13. Maggie Sugar

Garlic is known to kill off pathogens, and some people swear by it, but if you are going to do this, make sure it is not nicked, like ihmurria said, and also wrap it in a piece of cheesecloth. One, because it helps protect the delicate tissue and two, because it makes it easier to get it out. I wouldn't leave it in there more than a few hours at a time.

14. Moonjava

Moonjava Senior Member

Hmmm... that's weird... was her wart itchy and red and felt like it was on FIRE?!
    I doubt it is a wart because I just had a pap smear like 2 months ago and everything was normal... no sexual activity since. :) But if the problem persists more than a couple of more days, I'm gonna have to do something!
    Thanks for all the advice guys!!

15. Sera Michele

Sera Michele Senior Member

Just because you haven't had any sexual activity since you pap doesn't mean some symptoms from earlier sexual escapades couldn't show up later. You may deifnitely want to see a doctor again just to be safe. It doesn't really sound like any yeast infection I have had, but that doesn't mean that it isn't. I would have to say that it's better safe than sorry in this case. When you are dealing with your vaginal areas you want to take care of the problem ASAP. No delaying girl!

16. Moonjava

Moonjava Senior Member

man, that's a scary thought. *screams*!!!!!

17. PhotoGra1

PhotoGra1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I cannot believe women put food products in their vagina! Dairy products, including yogurt, are EXCELLENT food sources for many bacteria and fungi, especially when they are not refrigerated! Garlic is a bulb. It comes out of the dirt! I do not have a vagina, but I still don't think placing food in one is a good idea. Use medication! Thats what its for. Sure, yogurt, acidophilus, lactobacillus, and garlic are all natural, but they surely do not naturally occur in the vagina! Even if these "treatments" are effective, do not fool yourself into thinking they are safer because they are natural. They still treat the yeast infection by chemical means. EVERYTHING (mostly) is chemistry! When dealing with your cha-cha, I would really recommend using treatments that are clinically PROVEN to be BOTH SAFE AND EFFECTIVE!

18. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

so everything, including natural treatments, are chemical... yet natural treatments are unsafe because they're natural?

I'm not considering garlic because it's natural, I'm considering it because to cure a yeast infection it's at least $20 for the monistat/canesten/whatever cures. Garlic is a few cents. You bring down the price of yeast infection treatments, and I'll go back to the chemicals, ok? :D

19. PhotoGra1

PhotoGra1 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

No. . . I think it's unsafe to PUT FOOD INTO YOUR VAGINA. . . unless, of course, it says Frigidaire on it!

Garlic grows in the dirt, along with all kinds of bacteria, fungi, etc. I think you are asking for more problems. . . thats all.

It's your cha-cha, knock yourself out! Maybe it will keep vampires away from it, too!

;)

20. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

it's my pussy (and I'll cry if I want to... sorry, bad songs always get stuck in my head. Weird phrases like cha-cha just bug me, it's just a personal quirk)

anyways, I'd wash it off first of course. Bark was covered in bugs and dirt and bacteria and fungi, yet that's how we have aspirin :D