how do i make opium into morphine

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by deadonceagain, Jul 6, 2005.

1. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

how do i make opium into morphine, i found one way that was to vage useing, basicly it said to boil the opium then add lime then filter it,any one know the best way to make opium into morphine and how do i figure out a dose/mg of the morphine

2. paintballer687

paintballer687 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Extracting Morphine from Opium is pretty easy, although note that you will come out with only 10% of Morphine from the Opium so you need a pretty large amount of Opium to begin with.

1. Take a large pot of water and bring it to a boil and add the raw opium.
    2. After stirring for some time the water will turn clear brownish as the opium dissolves into the water. If there are any leaves, twigs, etc. make sure to scoop them out.
    3. Then add slaked lime (Calcium Hydroxide), or chemical fertilizer with a high content of lime if pure lime can't be found. The lime turns the water insoluble morphine into the water soluble calcium morphenate. All of the other opium alkaloids don't react with the lime to form soluble calcium salts. The Codeine in the Opium is kind of soluble in the solution and gets carried over with the Morphine. All the rest of the alkaloids pretty much just sink to the bottom and form this kind of sludge.
    4. As the solution cools, and after the insolubles settle to the bottom of the pot, pour the Morphine solution through a cloth filter into another pot. Then heat the Morphine solution but do not bring it to a boil.
    5. Then add Ammonium Chloride to the solution and bring the alkalinity to a pH of 8 to 9 and then cool the solution. Let the solution settle for a couple of hours and the Morphine base and the Codeine base will settle to the bottom of the pot.
    6. Then pour the solution through another cloth filter and the Morphine and Codeine base chunks will be caught on the cloth. Then scrape the Morphine/Codeine from the bottom of the pot and from the filter and wrap it in a cloth and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Then let it dry in the sun until it turns into a powder.
    7. You now have crude Morphine with some Codeine. If you wish to further purify it then dissolve it in hydrochloric acid, adding activated charcoal, re-heating and re-filtering several times.
    8. Let it dry in the sun again and you now have Morphine Hydrochloride with some traces of Codeine Hydrochloride.

3. paintballer687

paintballer687 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Please don't tell me I typed that out for nothing...

4. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

well, I wont.

5. deadonceagain

deadonceagain mankind is a plague

thats exactuly what i needed thanks,the thing i need to do if figure out the mgs

6. db69p

db69p Guest

so where can i find ammonium chloride? is it alright to use soldering Flux? cause thats the only thing i could find with ammonium chloride in it. but it has a bunch of other shit too

7. db69p

db69p Guest

oh and is there any other alternatives to using ammonium chloride? why cant you use just ammonia dont u just need it to balance the ph? Why ammonium chloride?