Beach erections

Discussion in 'Genitalia' started by snice2, Jun 30, 2005.

1. snice2

snice2 Member

As a new member and a female barefooter and nudist for as long as I can remember - not long since I've only got as far as 21 - I'd like to ask for some comments to this question. I notice whenever I get the chance to go to the beach, club or public place where people are naked, there will always be a few guys who get an erection. They usually don't bother anyone and try to discretely hide what they have until things settle down. I am never offended by the sight and quietly enjoy it, usually. I often think it is a bit unfair on the guys that they have to hide out and avoid being seen in case someone is offended. I'm only talking about occassions or places where there are no children around. In those instances what would be wrong with the guys feeling it was OK to not have to hide what is a natural thing. We women have the same drives but they can't be seen in the same way. Should an erection be that offensive to a nudist i.e. someone who enjoys the feeling and freedom of being without clothes, appreciates their own body and can enjoy seeing the naked bodies of others - male and female? Are we still quite over-sensitive and not able to feel comfortable exposing all that is natural? For instance while we require men to be discrete about erections and genital areas I have female nudist friends who still don't feel that comfortable in letting the sun shine on their own genital areas etc., i.e. spreading their legs on the beach. We're getting better, I think, with the common display of shaved pussies and genital jewelry and we're gradually coming to terms with the attractiveness of all the body parts that are normally covered or hidden. I know I like the feeling of being fully exposed to the sun and air and I don't mind at all being seen. Similarly, a civilized male who might wear a cock ring or genital jewelry ought to be able to be exposed soft or erect without fear of embarrassment. I'm interested to know whether this goes too far and if so why. There is an eroticism as well as a freedom in being barefoot or nude, alone or with others, I think.

Joe90 likes this.
  2. james q

james q Uranian

i remember when i was staying in rome, when i was about 20, my friend took me to a nudist beach near ostia. i'd never been to one be4. when we arrived there were hundreds and hundreds of peole, most of them young, swimming, sunbathing and playing games. when we sat down and got undressed i got so aroused that i got an erection straight away and couldn't lose it. there was a group of teenagers near us, and thankfully both of the boys had erections they didn't try a bit to hide. one boy, and he was only about 15 or so, even walked to the shop to buy ice creams with a raging erection, and noone seemed to mind it, though many people giggled at the sight. in fact, i saw many men with erections that day. young, old, all shapes and sizes. one girl, in the group i mentioned was sitting near us, got quite frisky after they smoked a spliff and she starting playing with her boyfriend's hard on and kissing it. he was much more embarrassed than she was. but i think that the italians have got a different attitude than us angloids. they seem to feel more comfortable with the erotic associations with nudity than australians are.

jade- and The Shark like this.
  3. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

I always thought people didn't mind erections... I mean, I usually don't like it, but it's a completely different issue. I certainly don't care what other people think of me; I thought that's what being a nudist was all about (I'm not a regular; I live in Colorado).

4. sm0key42o8

sm0key42o8 Senior Member

I know if I ever went nude I would have a ragin hard on the whole time. I think it would be weird at first, but after a few minutes I think I would get over having everyone seeing it!

5. fruit bat

fruit bat All dumplings are real.

lmfao smokey. :D

That is why I love you.

Joe90 likes this.
  6. half a hippie

half a hippie Member

Ahhh!!!!! I wanted to ask the same question!!

I thought people got thrown out for erections

Joe90 likes this.
  7. Sammy

Sammy Member

I've spent much time on many nude beaches, but I've never ever seen an erection at one. It's not the problem you'd think it'd be.

For most people, they see more boobs and butt in 2 minutes than in their lives before, and it very quickly becomes No Big Deal.

The Shark and Joe90 like this.
  8. 2cool

2cool Member

Yeah i always wondered this. I've never been to a nud beach but I'm pretty sure I'd get wood pretty quickly. Can't say for sure tho since i neva been.

Joe90 likes this.
  9. Sammy

Sammy Member

All I can say is try it. You'll be surprised.

Joe90 likes this.
  10. Barefoot Matthew

Barefoot Matthew Member

It all depends on the context and the environment, in my opinion. If the nude beach in question is a family beach with large numbers of small children, then I think a man with an erection might pose a problem. Not that I think there should be any shame attached here...it's just that different people teach their children different things about sexuality, and at different ages. That is each parent's right...and so having them exposed to something that they might not be educated about would be awkward to say the least.

On a beach full of adults, it turns into a matter of context. I've been on a few nude beaches, and I've been aroused some times and other times not. It was pretty easy to tell whether the others around were comfortable with it or not.

I think arousal on a nude beach is particularly irksome for some nudists because many of them work so hard to try and find acceptance for their lifestyle. Unfortunately, one of the hurdles they often have to overcome is that the puritanical minds in this country have a tendency to equate nudism with depravity, so ANY link to sexuality is viewed by them as a threat to the message they are trying to get accepted; that being nude in nature is beautiful, healthy and natural.

JH93022 and Joe90 like this.
  11. Alixney

Alixney Member

I'll usually sport some action for the first few minutes, but after a while I don't get any action at all - I get used to being naked around other naked people.

Joe90 likes this.
  12. gdhmomchild

gdhmomchild Duct tape abuser

They probably tried to be descreet because they didn't want any sexual connotations on the fact they had an erection. It happens, like you say but it would be a bit awkward during a nonsexual moment.

Joe90 likes this.
  13. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

That is one way to look at it, I suppose...

FriendlyCock and Joe90 like this.
  14. ydnim

ydnim hiya

I think if you are going to expose your children to nudity it should be explained anyway. It is all natural and you can't really do naything to stop it.

Joe90 likes this.
  15. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Of course.
    If they are going to be exposed to nudity in a safe and comfortable environment, they need to understand (at least a little bit) human nature [in the physical sence - I don't think anyone will ever understand human nature :)].

Joe90 likes this.
  16. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

This is something I've concluded as a flaw in the current mainstream nudism. If nudism is about being accepting of the human body, then the erection should be accepted as well. Practically all males of any age get erect, and I strongly believe that it should never be considered as a shameful occurrence.

RIJACO, Joe90 and JH93022 like this.
  17. FloppsyBunny

FloppsyBunny Member

"one boy, and he was only about 15 or so, even walked to the shop to buy ice creams with a raging erection"

That ice cream has gotta be good! LMFAO!

18. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

lol @ public boners

19. Or's well

Or's well Member

I was gonna ask this question myself, thanks!

Maybe next time I'm near a nudist beach I'll pop down instead of worrying about getting wood! I've always fancied it.

Joe90 likes this.
  20. tumbledownDNA

tumbledownDNA Member

well in that case, sexuality in nature is beautiful healthy and natural. more so maybe, it is the way that new beautiful, healthy natural naked bodies are created. why are sexuality and "natural beauty" considered two different things?