homeschooling in england

Discussion in 'Home Schooling' started by enigma_rising, Jun 19, 2005.

1. enigma_rising

enigma_rising Member

Hey, are there any brits homeschooling here? my son is only 8 months so it will be a while yet, lol, buti just wondered, how much is enough, i mean, im gonna start him on reading asap, hes allready grabbing my books when i sit and read holding him, lol, and he loves his big ol cardboard one, lol, (twinkle twinkle little star), so we read and sing it with him. but i wonder how to foster a love of learning in him, my husband and i both hated shcool but loved to learn, i want to make it fun for him, but get the groundig in maths and english and science really firm for him, my husband and i both have a-levels in science subjects and english, and my husband studies degree+level physics for fun, lol, so weve not got a problem understanding what he will need to know for the first 16 years, lol, but im worried ill be so anxious to get it right that ill push too much, you know?

im going to uni myself next year to become a midwife, so ill be studying myself and working at least part time, as will my husband, although hes working on setting up a web design business right now, so hopefully he will be able to teach him during the week, hes great with him and has a brilliant way of teaching kids(ive seen him in action) my bit will come at weekends, i just want to make sure its not like...oh darn, mums gonna teach me now, BORING cos ill only have those few hours to make sure hes learning wha i think he needs to. (andy is a little more artistic and creativly minded than i am, not that i discourage that at all, i just feel there are some really dull things he is gonna need to know) i dunno, we will probably be fine im just panicking cos my dad basically told me i wasnt up to the job yesterday :( grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

(i am so sick of some people...where is the support, the faith. thats the biggest problem ive found so far, you know?)

2. DSLC

DSLC Member