fuck walmart

Discussion in 'Consumer Advocacy' started by cousinit, Jun 11, 2004.

1. cousinit

cousinit Member

2. joe

joe Banned

Its just an ordinary business what do you expect?, Its all for the profit. doesnt stir me none.

3. cousinit

cousinit Member

I sopose your the kind of self centered person who dosnt care about other peoples misfortunes then?

4. joe

joe Banned

What the hell, Its just a typical corporation waht do you expect me to do?
    yes it would be nice to get rid of things like this, but "Money rules overall and freedom is void in the shadow of the almighty dollar"

5. cousinit

cousinit Member

Try not to take it to personly, most the western world probably thinks like you. And yeah induividualy you cant do much of anything. My not spending $50 thier isnt going do a damn thing. but talking a few million people into not spending thier $50 will make a noticleble dent in sales. Wallmart could not exist with out a cutomer base, nad its the consumers who have allowed wallmart to become as big as it has.

But one of the biggest isues for me with wallmart, is thier union busting policies, and blantent disregard for labour laws. I soport pro union lobby groups in government, and it is the sole reson I soport the canadian comunist party. Now i dont agree with a lot of the parties other beliefs, but what they do best is try to fight for worker rights.

6. avacado_salesman

avacado_salesman Bath Water

Walmart loves you....just ask that old guy at the entrance!!!!!

7. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

Dude... Thats every corperation in the world. UPS does it to their employees as well. Wal-Mart is not going to stop putting up more and more stores in small towns across america because of a few people getting pissed. Its inevidable and if you dont like it then you have to fight it in your area. Christ-sakes man welcome to fucking America, care for a clue? Wal-mart is the perferd store of illegal immigrants and white trash.

8. cousinit

cousinit Member

I dont live in America.and wallmart is still pretty small in canada. thier are no smal town super centers here yet. actually their are no real super centers in whole of western canada. thier stores seem to be smaller sized here

9. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

But its an American run corperation... All the more reason to resist when it comes to your town. THIS IS HOW THEY OPERATE! Unless you protest on a case by case basis theyres not much hope. You wont be able to boiycott to make a difference either.

10. cousinit

cousinit Member

hehe i wasnt sure if you where agreeing or disagreeing with me in your first post.

11. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

Dude after reading that my hatred for this new society grew stronger than ever, I would love to rally some people and just go do something about it, instead of bitching on an online forums, we need a change in this world, and we can do it if we would stick together.

12. Bro_Rific

Bro_Rific Banned

I love Wal-Mart, so fuck you and yer horse!

13. neckienoo

neckienoo Member

That article is sad. I would say get some sort of education, a skill or degree. You won't have to work at sucky wal-mart!!!

14. Bloody_Kisses

Bloody_Kisses Thizzler

i hate walmart. people who are constantly shopping there are going to fucking wreck the economy.

15. asnakeinthegrass

asnakeinthegrass Member

I personally agree that walmart sucks and while my small purchases do not add up to much in their overall picture, I have at least taken a stand and do not shop there. I shop at the locally ownwd stores with owners who live in my community.

16. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

I have boycotted walmart already, and I'm gonna start boycotting other big stores as well. There's only one walmart in my province. If I can find enough willing people then perhaps I'll get a protest together. Maybe just a petition, who knows? I wanna make this island walmart free again!!!

17. SuperPlurChick

SuperPlurChick Member

Greed - We can hate it but it will most likely always be around ..... For years I have protested in my own ways and with others. I believe “ONE” person can make a difference. It may be small but it starts within each of us. A key point to be made: People need to be informed. We need to educate others and ourselves, share, and teach. Thanks for the article. :)

18. SageDreamer

SageDreamer Senior Member

If enough people decide not to shop at WalMart, it won't be profitable for them to expand. The only reason they exist is because so many people shop there.

The best thing to do is not to shop there and to encourage other people to do likewise. Do you want your children to be forced to settle for WalMart slave wages? It not, then don't shop there.

There's a WalMart right near some places where I do shop, and once in a while I'll go in there to use the rest room or I'll stand in front of there to catch the bus. And that's all I have to do with WalMart.

19. ntphishin

ntphishin Member

On a positive note, walmart seems to have had some recent setbacks - communities from california to texas are acting to block new stores, and then there's the whole class action on sex discrimination.

20. reef

reef Member

walmart ownz. other companies can't compete with the prices. and as much as i hate what they do to their employees and how they bring foriegn goods into the US, the fact still remains that they sell cheap and the public wil continue to buy.

also another point. what kind of adult works at wal-mart? an uneducated one, a criminal one?

and.. as that one guy said, it's the choice store of illegal immagrants and with thousands and thousands of illegals flooding US borders each year, walmart will continue to thrive and pwn.

but their are alternatives of course. but who wants to take the time to shop at a bunch of different stores where the prices are probably gonna be higher when you can just goto WALMART and make one easy cheap trick.

haha CONSUMER AMERICA