I need serious help regarding Homsechool!

Discussion in 'Home Schooling' started by Dalee, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Dalee

Dalee Member

Okay, since 2002 I've been homeschooling. I left my Highschool because of learning issues, problems with students and teachers, etc etc.

I LOVE homeschool. I learn better, faster, and it fits me very well.

Now, I use www.pcdi.com. I have about 3 courses left before I get my diploma, and I've invested about $1,000 IN THE PROGRAM.

Now however, I've run into some serious issues. I am noticing that , although I signed up the academic diploma, which means it is preparing you for college.....I don't think any State University will accept my diploma.

The reasons? 1) They combined algebra and geometry into ONE course.
    2) My biology and Chemistry didnt have LABS, which on most college applications specifically ask for that

Now, Im very worried. Everytime I call the school, I have a hard time reaching a person who speaks english well, let alone someone who can help me out. I've almost been in tears over this, because this is my future and I feel like perphaps I've been ripped off.

Can someone PLEASE help me, in anyway, or atleast point me in a direction of where to go for help? I really have no idea what to do in this case?

Should I just drop out and get my GED?
    Should I talk to a college or high school counsellor?

thanks guys, I really want to go to college, and I feel I might not get the opportunity :(

2. busmama

busmama go away

Relax honey. Harvard and MIT accept homeschooled kids at more than twice the rate of "properly" schooled children. Including children who were homeschooled without the help of an accredited program of any kind. It is legal in my state for me to print up a diploma myself for my children. They tend to focus more on SAT scores and essays, and personal interviews and colleges everywhere are rapidly responding to the ever growing numbers of homeschoolers.

So relax, take a deep breath and study up on those college brochures.
    Blessings

3. HADLEYCHICK

HADLEYCHICK Member

Finish the program. Most universities accept homeschoolers regardless of diploma status. If you can prove you did the work and you take the SAT's ACTS" you should be fine. Busmama is right. Take a deep breath and worry more about where you want to go to school rather than how you will get there.
    Thanks for the sweet reply bus- you are an asset to this forum.
    Had