• This topic is locked This topic is locked
192 replies to this topic

#61 TheStairway1971

TheStairway1971

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted November 25 2006 - 12:13 PM

Another question. Mildew grows inside of the dreds if they aren't entirely dried. That's not a good thing, it smells.

Does using a blowdryer work? I knowyou're supposed to "wring out" the dreds, but wouldn't a blowdryer be faster? Obviously, I'm just a novice when it comes to dreds, haha. Doing research helps, but any help from real people is so much better.
Thanks.

Peace and love
----Me

#62 hummblebee

hummblebee

hipstertist.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

Posted November 25 2006 - 01:10 PM

Here's a link to a blow dryer discussion we had recently:
http://www.hipforums...ad.php?t=122783

And I really recommend browsing around the Knotty Know How forum a bit - there's a wealth of information available there, and some really cool people. :D Welcome to hipforums and dreadie life!

Posted Image

we are all star matter
from the big bang
and love ain't far behind you
love ain't far behind

#63 eatmoreplants

eatmoreplants

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted December 05 2006 - 10:17 PM

My dreads are turning 2 in january. I can't believe how much we both have grown. I love my hair! I think i am going to have a birthday party for them. maybe people will bring them presents- like beads and tams...

soaringeagle and dancerannie- i can't believe (well i do believe- just a turn of phrase) that your dreads are natural. they look so beautiful! most of the nonbackcombed dreads i have seen are more messy and less roundish than yours.

#64 DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie

Resident Beach Bum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,226 posts

Posted December 06 2006 - 11:56 AM

My dreads are turning 2 in january. I can't believe how much we both have grown. I love my hair! I think i am going to have a birthday party for them. maybe people will bring them presents- like beads and tams...

soaringeagle and dancerannie- i can't believe (well i do believe- just a turn of phrase) that your dreads are natural. they look so beautiful! most of the nonbackcombed dreads i have seen are more messy and less roundish than yours.

My hair is natural, but it's still a mess ;) A good mess, though.
Everything in nature is connected...

#65 veroness

veroness

There's only one :)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,408 posts

Posted December 25 2006 - 07:09 PM

how does one start preparing for dreads?

#66 DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie

Resident Beach Bum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,226 posts

Posted December 26 2006 - 12:39 PM

how does one start preparing for dreads?

See: Knotty Know HOw forum

#67 mat9

mat9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 16 2007 - 07:40 PM

ok,i have a question,i have like a fro(well kinda had a fro type deal),and i always wanted dreads,and i finally went with it,and its been about 2-3 monthes,and i havent done anything,and i have about 6 dreadthings,more like matts in my mind,and they feel really awkward,one is formed by about 2 or 3 little ones,and one curls,and i dont really feel like waiting years for them to actually be dreads

does anyone know like how i can get them in,i know ways,i just want to be sure,like could i go to a hair place(specific ones?) and have them do it? anyone,thanks
poopwoop

#68 Guest_pixeewinged

Guest_pixeewinged
  • Guests

Posted January 25 2007 - 06:06 AM

a

#69 tanaFace

tanaFace

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted February 14 2007 - 02:03 PM

i am doing my dreads myself..i have been messing around and trying all kinds of different ways..just having fun kinda....but last night i put i tid bit too much wax...any easy or really good ways to get it out??

#70 DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie

Resident Beach Bum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,226 posts

Posted February 14 2007 - 02:51 PM

i am doing my dreads myself..i have been messing around and trying all kinds of different ways..just having fun kinda....but last night i put i tid bit too much wax...any easy or really good ways to get it out??

Soak them in extremely hot water and squeeze each as hard as you can...or start over from scratch....

Click to shop at Zamnesia