Dreadlock Forum: Knotty Know-How

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by DancerAnnie, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hamish...

hamish... Member

lets get sum more dreadheads :D

hopefully buyin sea salt today my dreads are a mess and are completely coming out at the tips so i need sumthin for them :D

2. dudenamedrob

dudenamedrob peace lily

Use sea salt very very very sparingly or not at all, sea salt dries your hair out really badly (this is how it helps locks form), and it leads to breakage........you don't want your locks falling out in 6 months. I've never used it and I think it's a very bad idea but people are impatient and they're going to do what they do, just do yourself a favor and if you do put salt in your head use it VERY sparingly, it's nowhere near as bad as wax but it can make your locks break off.

-Lady Neko, you should take the twine out of your hair.....hair needs to be able to move freely in order to lock up, you may think your helping it hold together but your actually doing more harm than good. I wouldn't even wear beads until they're established.

3. wanderin_blues

wanderin_blues Banned

well i like sea salt. before i had dreads, i used to get salt in my hair everyday and id never wash it out. it didnt hurt my hair and it doesnt now. if you have very dry hair, you might want to forget about sea salt but if you have normal/greasy hair, your scalp can keep your hair healthy imo.

4. hamish...

hamish... Member

iv had dreads for around 4 months now and they hav bin a bit shit but today i got a basin of warm water and added some sea salt, cider vinegar, pure lemon juice, and bicarb soda and soaked my hair for around 20 mins in it and now my dreads are finally starting to knot up properly theyre great now and all the shit that was on my scalp has bin cleaned away:D:D:D

seriously wash your dreads!!!

5. hamish...

hamish... Member

iv had dreads for around 4 months now and they hav bin a bit shit but today i got a basin of warm water and added some sea salt, cider vinegar, pure lemon juice, and bicarb soda and soaked my hair for around 20 mins in it and now my dreads are finally starting to knot up properly theyre great now and all the shit that was on my scalp has bin cleaned away[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

gna go buy sum tea tree oil for my hair tomoro aswell :D

seriously wash your dreads!!!

6. hamish...

hamish... Member

oops sorry for posting that twice i didnt think it worked...

7. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

what do you do about dandruff? i have been having it bad lately?

8. hamish...

hamish... Member

i didnt mind but get sea salt, cider vinegar, bicarb soda, pure lemon and tea tree oil and mix small amounts into a basin of warm water and wash ure dreads they will lock up tighter and it dissolves all the dandruff etc from your head. i had like half a centimetre of grime built up on my scalp and now it all gone:D:D:D

9. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

cool i will try that. i hate scratching my head all the time. you buy beads to put on your dreads? hubby and i have a bunch combined. oh yeah did your gf get her 5 dreads yet? :)

10. hamish...

hamish... Member

no im doing them soon. and i had beads but i put them on too soon and they messed up my dreads im waiting a few months

cant wait to do gf's hair tho :D

11. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

i saw coil ones at dread hq but i want to make my own. they'll be cheaper and cooler.

12. hamish...

hamish... Member

yeah i make bracelets and pendants out of avacadoe seeds.stones. i made a bracelet for my gf a few days ago she loved it so in a year or something ill make my own dread beads etc.

13. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

i made hubby a help bookmark and he thought it was beautiful. I love making things for him.

14. hamish...

hamish... Member

aye sounds cool

15. keben

keben Member

i'm in the process of getting dreads. i'm filipino with straight hair. how difficult would it be for me to get dreads and how long, estimated, would it take for my hair to lock up once the process starts?

16. hamish...

hamish... Member

well i have probably the wirst hair to dread and my dreads are a bit buggered but they will sort themselves out.

also it depends if you are going to back comb or naturally let them dread? but the main thing is dont use wax! and it usually takes 6-12 months for dreads to start knotting up. iv had mine for 4 months so iv got a while to go still.

but hey look around these forums and you will find all the help you need man

17. Audrina Mystique

Audrina Mystique Member

My hair is corkscrew curly. It probably wouldn't be hard to put dreadlocks in my hair. But how is it done? And, can they be taken out without cutting the hair?

18. hamish...

hamish... Member

if you go to the first post in this thread u will see a link to the dreadlock forums. there you will find all the things you need to dread your hair. its best you read it for yourself so you dont get anthin mixed up but im sure you will have cool dreads :D

19. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

since i have so few dreads that i am doing and am wrapping them with hemp twine they are getting really tight. i love it ^_^

20. hamish...

hamish... Member

sounds great!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.