me+fabric=pants with hole in the crotch

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Natural_mystic19, Jun 13, 2005.

1. Natural_mystic19

Natural_mystic19 Member

Ok so yeah... when someone says 'sew the crotch first' you really should listen to them. but im stupid and didnt listen.

And also.. i need to use stretchy fabric next time.

But these are cute. Im sewing side panels into them to see if i have a chance of fitting into them, if not, im giving em to my cousin. Unless shes too embarassed to wear them.

And theres a hole in the crotch! GRR!

[​IMG]

2. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i never sew the crotch first LOL i have to reinforce it like 8 times usually before i get the whole crotch together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. LostCove

LostCove Member

I usually sew it first, but I straight stitch and then serge for me. But boys have balls that come busting through so if they're for a boy straight stitch twice and serge (or zigzag). ;)

4. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

When I make pants I usually reinforce the crotch atleas 3 times and serge it too...

5. Natural_mystic19

Natural_mystic19 Member

whats reinforcing? eh.. i dont have a serger.. so that might be serger talk.

How much do they cost anyways? i should get one. Ive been looking at the dress Funkyphresh made, and i notice that the serger really helps. It looks so professional! oo lalalaa!

on my break i found out that we(hobby lobby) dont have stretchy fabric!

So their gonna make me haul my ass out to hancock fabrics. Can you believe that!

6. Wonder Girl

Wonder Girl rhapsody in pink

Those pants look good to me.....
    And you work at Hobby Lobby?? How cool is that,we just had one of those open here.

7. Natural_mystic19

Natural_mystic19 Member

To me(and everyone at the one i work at) it sucks. The customers get kinda bitchy, the pay SUCKS. They cut everyones hours constantly cuz the budget is so tight. And some of the people i work with dont do anything! I seriously need a new job. I wanna work for Funkyphresh lol. Ill cut all the fabric out for her and pin it and just admire her all day. What a job that would be! I wish!

I asked the chick at Hancock fabrics today if they were hiring but their not! GRR!