Groovy new forum!

Discussion in 'Home Schooling' started by TerrapinRose, Jun 2, 2005.

1. TerrapinRose

TerrapinRose Member

Just wanted to say Hi to everybody,great to see we got a homeschool forum here now. Maybe we can all help each other good curriculum sources and great ideas without all the heavy religious stuff I see in other homeschool groups.

2. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Yeah, I bought what I thought would be a good homeschooling magazine. The Lord of the Rings was on the cover (I think) so I thought it would be pretty liberal. Well, I open it, and it is rife with anti-science, anti-evolution, pro-Bible Thumpin stuff. I was MAD, I paid about 5 bucks for the magazine. And I am a Christian, but not an Evangalist. Catholics don't have a problem with Evolution, (and my dad taught Anthropology as one of his Professorial duties) so I hadn't seen so much anti anti anti stuff in education before.

I like this Forum. I may not be officially homeschooling Sage this year, but I have done a lot of teaching her, since she was a baby, so I'll be around, asking questions, because I know not a lot about home schooling.

Hadley, you are doing a great job.

3. TerrapinRose

TerrapinRose Member

Yup,and those scary folks will all get your address somehow and start bombarding you with their twisted curriculum catalogs! It happened to me. Crazy,scary stuff those types are into! Heavy sexist,anti-evolution,anti-enviornmental, homophobic,uber-patriotic,anti-semetic scary god trip stuff. (scary god trip as in their version of god scares the bejeepers outta me)

4. HADLEYCHICK

HADLEYCHICK Member

Thanks Maggie Sugar, its good to hear people tell you that you rock. You're doing a great job too.
    Had