Has a habanero attacked you?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by antithesis, Jun 8, 2004.

1. antithesis

antithesis Hello

My brother was cutting up a habanero pepper the other day and he forgot that he was supposed to wear gloves, and so now his hands have felt like they're burning for days. At least he didn't touch his eyes.

Has this happened to anyone else?

2. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

I refuse to go anywhere near a habanero. I got tricked into eating some salsa with habanero bits in it when I was younger, and I thought I'd never recover.

3. antithesis

antithesis Hello

Yeah, I just ate some salsa a few minutes ago that, unbeknownst to me, had habanero in it. I think my mouth is dead now. And it's funny that I ate it after I made this post, without knowing about the habanero.... hmmmm... coincidence eh?

4. olhippie54

olhippie54 Touch Of Grey Lifetime Supporter

My eyes started burning just reading this thread.

5. thehipsterdufus

thehipsterdufus Member

I ate a small piece of habanero once and my entire lower jaw went numb. It was kind of cool except for the intense burning.

I never had my hands burn, but one time I got some cinnamon oil in my eye -- OUCH!! :eek:

6. HoneySuckleBlue

HoneySuckleBlue Cosmic Artist

I've never gotten habanero oil in my eyes but I get jalepeno stuff in my eyes all the time..you'd think I'd learn.

7. antithesis

antithesis Hello

lol, that's ok, my brother apparently doesn't learn either since he has had experience with habaneros before.

8. mynameiskc

mynameiskc way to go noogs!

mmmmm. i'm in new mexico. everything we make has habaneros, green chilis and tomatoes in it.

9. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i was scared to eat any peppers when i was little, i just recently ventured into sprinkling black pepper and hot sauce on my food HAHA
    i have never been near anything hotter

10. mynameiskc

we bought some hot wings from dominos, and my sister, now 18, took one bite then spent then next half hour with her mouth under cold running water. black pepper is hot to her. black pepper has no heat at all to me. it's just a flavor.

11. Dustinthewind

Dustinthewind woopdee fucking doo

An old family friend was cutting some of those peppers for a big bbq at his house, weelllllll he had to take a piss real bad like, and forgot to wear gloves, or even wash his hands after cutting the pepper, needless to say..........his dick burnt for days. :)

12. antithesis

antithesis Hello

lol, that is so funny. Sucks to be him.

Black pepper usually has no effect on me, but one time I blackened some catfish and goddamn, it was so hot, I had to scrape most of the pepper off.

13. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I love hot stuff--anybody else ever try Dave's Insanity Sauce?A pot of rice or beans+1,and I mean 1 drop will do ya'.One time in a Chinese eatery,I said bring on the real hot stuff!They brought me some of those Chinese Red peppers --I chewed 'em up like raisens and got a standing ovation!One of my buddies dad knew I liked to challenge people to burn me out and he gave some kind of pepper and I popped 'er in and chewed 'er up--he wouldn't tell me what it was ,but it must have been a Habanero--my whole cranium went south for about an hour!

14. sweet_mama

sweet_mama Member

Oh, that is so funny! That happened to my husband!! I'm so gald to hear that he's not the only one! :D

15. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

Hey, I'm in New Mexico, too! Hate the damn habanero, and like I said before, would never go near it. However, green chili is AMAZING! Yum! :D

Green chili is very much a New Mexico thing. I remember when I was in Phoenix with some friends, we went to Wendy's and my friend tried to order a green chili cheeseburger (very common type of burger here). The girl behind the counter looked at him like he was crazy and said, "Uh...what kind of cheeseburger? We don't have that kind of thing here." And this was Arizona! One state over...

16. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i dont know what kind of pepper it was but i used to have this job and these guys were like "try this pepper"....

and im well a big show-off/do anything type of person (used to be more then now) so i ate a HUGE bite...

and well,

i spent the next hour in the back drinking milk and freaking out.

they all thought it was hilarious.

17. thehipsterdufus

thehipsterdufus Member

What? You can get a green chili burger at Wendy's there? Green chili is popular here in Colorado, but I haven't seen it at any fast food places, unless it's a mom-&-pop joint.

mmmmmmmmmmm...........green chili....................gooooood

BTW, my sister and ex-bro-in-law live in Farmington, and a guy I work with's sister-in-law owns an art gallery in Sante Fe. Sante Fe is nice.

18. metro

metro self-banned

I don't like hot food, never did, I'm a wimp[​IMG] MILD!!
    -thehipsterdufus...I'm movin to CO soon, yayyy

19. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I was cuttingup some Jamaican hot peppers one time and suddenly my lips were burning, and then my eyes.....I hadn't even touched my face. I couldn't see and I thought I was going to go blind it hurt so bad! That was just from the fumes.....

20. mynameiskc

you know, i love the landscape and architecture in santa fe, but it is entirely too geared towards people with money. SUV land deluxe. it's like living in suburban california. yuck. unfortunately, farmington is becoming the same. all the girls here are into dying their hair blonde, laying the tanning bed, driving nice cars and being seen constantly with a cell phone and their starbucks cup. it's pretty sickening.