Injecting Codeine?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by SpringSnow, May 11, 2005.

1. SpringSnow

SpringSnow Member

Hi. I have a question. Maybe someone can help.
    Would it be safe to inject codeine phosphate pills? For example Codeisan or Perduretas. I know codeine can be injected sub-cutainously (under the skin), but somehow the pills never seem to completely dissolve in the water, so I haven't risked it so far.
    Any idea?...

2. Godot

Godot Member

The pills don't dissolve because pills aren't meant to be injected. I suppose you could try to extcact all the fillers and binders to get pure codeine phosphate, but I don't know how you'd go about doing that. In any case, don't inject pills. It's asking for trouble. and for God's sake DO NOT INJECT CODEINE IV!! You'll die. And It'll hurt like hell.

3. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

William Burroughs claims injecting codiene will cause abcesses. I have no idea if it is true or not.

4. SpringSnow

SpringSnow Member

Ok, folks. Thanks for your opinion... Looks like I most definetely will NOT be shooting any of the pills. Not to disgust any of you, but I find codeine enemas work pretty well (and they're not that unconfortable either, to be honest).

On a side note, talking about Burroughs, I've always wondered whether he ever got any abscecess or illnesses from shooting all that junk, esp. seeing it was probably more cut in those days. "Junky" doesn't really mention it.

5. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

With all the shit Bill shot, I can't imagine he didn't get abcesses. I always thought his advice not to shoot codiene was based on personal experience. But, I can't say for sure.

6. Godot

Godot Member

There's a part in junkie where he and his friend inject codeine and get really sick.

7. crackforkids

crackforkids Senior Member

Shoot It All! Fuck Filtering It, Fuck Extracing It Your Hardcore Right?!?! Do It!!!! Shoot Up Some Robitussin While Your At It Ol' Sport!!!!

8. SpringSnow

SpringSnow Member

Haha... I was actually reading of kids in 1970s Europe buying amphetamine pills, breaking them up and shooting them IV (*shudder*). Nah, mate, I'm a responsible opiate user... :sunglasse

PS: 300 mg of Codeine made me itchy like fuck yesterday!!

9. psilonaut

psilonaut Mushroom Muncher

From erowid:

Codeine can be administered by many routes, this includes, SC, IM (intramuscularly), as an enema, and orally. Note, codeine can't be administered safely by IV (intravenously) injection as it can result in pulmonary edema (fluid in lungs), facial swelling and other life threatening complications.

Linky Linky

10. Hamilton

Hamilton Member

I've been mildly addicted for a while, so I kinda have an idea what I'm talking about here, but of course I'm probably wrong. ;)

Codeine can be injected quite safely, if you know what you're doing. Keeping a clean needle and such.

I assume you're talking about using AC&C's or some other codeine + something product. When I use only codeine (not too often), I usually do a cold water extraction like one would for vicodins.

I've also never injected it. I have a friend who has, and he reccomends strongly against it, almost had a leg amputated. But, that was because of his idiocy (durrrrrty needles, injected straight saline once by accident). Make sure that you only use the solution and that theres no leftover powder sitting at the bottom. AND ONLY DO IT IM!!! Thighs and asses work well for this, so i'm told, anyway.

11. Mike177

Mike177 Member

DO NOT INJECT CODEINE!!! it is a dumbass idea. codeine administerd IV will cause harable reactions and you will be kicking yourself! Hydrocodone, oxycodone, morphine, and many other opiets and opiods can be injected, but codine is not one of them. I would also advise againse doing it IM, you can, and it will work. but shooting things IM is bad for you mussles and you. if you have codeine EAT THEM!

12. Chillo2

Chillo2 Members

Everyone says don't do it and the side effects can be bad, etc. find me a place where it says iv'ing any drug is safe. There is not one cuz your always asking that risk. Codine sulfate 30's give u Narly pins and needles if u do bout 90mg cold water extraction. Just filter and don't cook u should be okay but like I said u always run that risk of fucking yourself up big time doin any drug IV. What u need to do is go see a clinic and get help. it only a matter of time before doin this shit WILL kill u

13. Shocbomb

Shocbomb Member

Do you know how stupid you sound saying this ? First off as a long time IV user the last thing one should be injecting is codeine the side effects compared to other water soluble opiates is just crazy a simple google search can tell you that. If you want to keep risking your own ass and injecting codeine then so be it ! but please don't go writing some stupid ass post saying its safe when nothing could be further from the truth,young kids might just see your post and try it ! SMH un-fucking real

14. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

Lol, why would anyone inject Codeine?