Phototron Advice?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Grow Rooms and Greenhouses' started by stewpadasso, Apr 20, 2005.

1. stewpadasso

stewpadasso Member

Cool man.Lets see some pics.

2. bUrNEd_oUt420

bUrNEd_oUt420 Member

nice dude, but i have sum plants that are 3 weeks into flowering and they have double if not tripple the bud sites and size is way more bigger, and i am only running 1 250 watt hps........b_O420

3. smileyjohn

smileyjohn Member

Tomorrow will be 4 weeks at 12/12.[​IMG][​IMG]

4. bUrNEd_oUt420

bUrNEd_oUt420 Member

oh my sweet jesus, my plant is going to look something like that i beleive.....the way i am tying it down i shoudl see a couple oz's from her........b_O420

5. stewpadasso

stewpadasso Member

Wow very nice Smileyjohn!Did you use a HPS for the veg state also?Is where your plant is sitting the place where you grow her?I'm just curious because this looks like a full room.I'm wondering how you ventilate a closet set-up.Do you have incoming fresh air coming into your closet or just a fan blowing the air around?

6. smileyjohn

smileyjohn Member

Thanks stewpadasso! She vegged under fluorescents 24/0 first. I had to move her out from the grow closet to take the pics because of the bright light. The closets are in a room that is part of a garage that is half underground. Every morning, I open all the windows and doors (except the car entry door) in the garage / basement for cross-ventilation. Fans on timers keep the air moving when everything is closed up for the night. During the winter the fans just stay on.

7. stewpadasso

stewpadasso Member

Very nice.That is a beauty you got there.Quick ? if I can.When you open all the windows do you open up the grow closet also to let the air in?I was thinking that you had to add an air intake and exhaust fan to a closet setup.Like two different air vent fans with duct work like dryer hose or tin ducting?One pushing air in from outside the closet and one pushing the old air out.Am I getting to carried away with my closet idea setup?

8. bUrNEd_oUt420

bUrNEd_oUt420 Member

no your not getting too carried away thats the proper way to set up a grow room, but i personally grow out of my closet n i just leave my door open ALWAYS!!!! b_O420

9. smileyjohn

smileyjohn Member

I do the same as b_O420 and just leave the closet doors open. Even though venting would be best, I am too lazy and unskilled to make it happen. Beside, even with doors & windows closed I get good circulation with fans because my house is not air tight.

10. bUrNEd_oUt420

bUrNEd_oUt420 Member

same here........i am think ing baout puttin two vents in so i can have company in my room.........

11. stewpadasso

stewpadasso Member

Anyone know of a good priced low noise fan?

12. hidesjj

hidesjj Member

Hey stew

I have a tron since 1985. The idea behind it is you plant a number clones say 3-6 and you keep topping. They will grow sideways and you train them to interweave with each other. Now if you follow the inventor he wants you to flower the plants and then after the harvest to reveg the plants. To do this you have to leave some bud-age and or plant matter on the plant.
    If you got the 4 light one your running about 160watts. They should have a line(cord) from the middle so you can wire a couple small lights that will hang in the middle of all the plants.
    Watch the drainage because there is none.
    BTW home depot has ubend lights for about 1/3 the price
    Good luck

13. smileyjohn

smileyjohn Member

I'll be watching to see if anyone gives you a cheap resource. Almost always when people besides family or friends use the bathroom that is right over my grow closet, I get asked about the noise (LOUD fans). I always say it must be water being pumped from my well.

14. stewpadasso

stewpadasso Member

That would be a concern with the noise with me also.I seen some videos where some growers use "Rat" or "Squirrel" cage fans.I wonder how much noise those make?Hey Hidesjj:Do you have any pics of your Tron plants.I would love to see them.Do all buds turn darker when its time to harvest?Mine is still white as snow.

15. hidesjj

hidesjj Member

Hi stew

I haven't use it in about 15 years. So no pictures sorry.
    WW finishs in 70 days (10 weeks). Buy yourself a magnifing glass. Check your trichones(the litlle mushrooms) They go from clear to milky and with ww some will go amber. Most plants are done when most tric's turn cloudy.
    I'll try an upload a pic. of a G13xBW
    stay safe
    BTW Black widow and white widow are the same. The name was change by the breeder when he left the seedbank to start his own.

16. bUrNEd_oUt420

bUrNEd_oUt420 Member

wheres the updated pix stew?????????

17. stewpadasso

stewpadasso Member

Hey Burned out420.Will update as soon as I get over to my buddys place.Hidesjj:That is a
    beauty.What type of watts was that under?Damn look at the colors man.Very nice plant!

18. tiedye420

tiedye420 Member

www.discounthydro.com
    under ventillation there are Axial fans.....

[​IMG]
    Axial Fans
    This Axial Fan is available for building your own grow chambers or for many other uses. Balll bearing motors assure a long life. Moves 55 cfm. Has a 1 year warranty.

[​IMG][​IMG]$ 14.95 - 3.25" Axial Fan

19. bUrNEd_oUt420

bUrNEd_oUt420 Member

no pics yet stew???? whats goin on man????

20. stewpadasso

stewpadasso Member

ok ok ok update!!Here we are at 3 months.I must say that I am impressed by the Phototron.I have read so much bad on this item and not so much good.Ok Ok...I see by the pics of Smileyjohn that using an HPS will produce better results
    by far but......The Phototron does produce buds.From what I see so far my buds are kinda nice and are decently potent.Growing with the tron is easy(Able to move from room to room,No need 4 a closet,Very easy on the electric bill,produces some pretty fine smoke).I will report my final results but as far as I can see behind red eyes...The Tron is very cool to grow a small amount for your head without much fuss.Any opinons would be great to hear.