Poppy Seeds

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by purcolekraze, Apr 14, 2005.

1. purcolekraze

purcolekraze Member

Don't call me dumb for this b/c if no one ever told you then your not dumb. Well ne ways...Can you smoke poppy seeds nd get "high" or whatever? If so, what kinds?

2. meduza

meduza Member

i tried smokin some poppy seeds, i think i felt a lil different or it could of been my brain foolin me, but i got a lil sick to my stomach, i guess just try it out for urself hun
    toodles
    star

3. goofydrummer

goofydrummer Senior Member

opium poppy and california poppy. oppium poppy, i hear, is addictive. i think california is less intense but safer.

4. oblivion

oblivion Member

californian poppy isnt actually a poppy.

5. purcolekraze

purcolekraze Member

so, do you smoke the seeds?

6. somethingnew

somethingnew Member

I dont think smoking the seeds will do anything.

7. paintballer687

paintballer687 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Maybe give you a headache...

8. oblivion

oblivion Member

no, dont smoke them, they will just pop and crackle and thats about it. there is such a tiny amount of opiate in them you would need to eat a few pounds of them to get anywhere.

9. Becknudefck

Becknudefck Senior Member

well yea, actual opium poppy seeds, probably. its opium. but not regular poppy seeds. I dont know who would even try that, thats kind of stupid and harsh on your throat.

10. nesta

nesta Banned

no, "regular poppy seeds" (the kind from the grocery spice rack and the bakery) ARE opium poppy seeds (Papaver somniferum). you can smoke them if you want, but they WILL NOT have anywhere near enough opium on them to get you high. most of the time they're washed pretty well even though its unnecessary. you can try planting them though, its about the right time of year i'm pretty sure. then after they grow and the petals fall off the plant leaving the pods exposed, you can harvest the opium from the pods by whatever method you care to use.

11. bandido

bandido Member

sorry you cant get a buzz smokin poppy seeds! Do you actualy think you could buy them at the store if you could?? If you ate 2 pounds of seeds you would maybe feel a tingle if you never had ANY experiance with opiates before.If we could get a buzz from them why would we all bother to buy h or oxycontin??? so ask yourself that. Better off smokin banana peels or somthing like that, sorry no easy way around it, buy some oxycontin or herion and get it over with.

12. nesta

nesta Banned

well, you CAN buy dried poppy PODS and make tea from them, extracting the residual opium from it (mostly morphine and codeine) and while this isn't technically legal, you can buy dried poppy pods from many legitimate companies. you can also buy the seeds readily and easily and grow your own poppies. lack of alternative is no reason to just go straight to dope. thats just plain reckless for people who just want to dabble with opiates and NOT end up an addict...

13. psilonaut

psilonaut Mushroom Muncher

I used to make poppy tea from seeds and pods bought at the local craft stores...

14. nesta

nesta Banned

yeah, but no reason to use the seeds, theres next to no value in them at all, but they have a large potential if you're willing to save them and plant (thats what i'm a-doin...all my seeds i got from dried pods)