Would A Physical Disability Make A Difference To You?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by BrownTripleQQ, Apr 4, 2005.

1. teeny_tiny_little_me

teeny_tiny_little_me Member

i dont' think that I would have a problem dating someone who's in a wheelchair, blind or deaf. I was always the kind of girl who dated the guys that no one else would, no matter what the reason. Same thing went for me and friends. I;m proud of that, but you have to be a stong person. I've had a low self esteem from being totally slammed down for my decisions of people to associate with. But the whole confidence issue goes beyond that.
    Anyway, yeah, I don't think that it would be a problem. as for the guy I'm with now, I'd never leave his side if ANYTHING happened to him, god forbid.

2. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

I like to think it wouldn't be a problem, but I don't know.
    You can never know.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Certainly not by default/in all cases. But it all depends on the details, person and situation of course. In a lot of cases it also would. But like I said, definitely not in all cases and I don't exclude the possibility just like that.

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Nice necro thread resuscitation

11 yrs, is that a record?

5. Asmodean

Probably not even a record. I think I did recall this thread and/or user btw... Didn't expect it to be that old. Pleasantly suprised by my memory (or is it just a sign I am using my memory for a lot of irrelevant stuff?)

6. mrtvdinner

mrtvdinner Members

i am in a wheelchair since birth i am kind of good looking i guess its a lot for most women to handle

7. Bud D

Bud D Member

I noticed a girl in a wheelchair and I say she was good looking. She looked friendly and was pretty. I was walking along a road near by and never seen her again. I still think about her but I was heavier then.

I have a mental disability and I know people would be kinder to me if I had a physical one. Everyone can fantasies about what it is like to have physical impairment but not mental. So I believe.

8. Yogamat

Yogamat Members

I think it would depend what the disability was.I would find it very hard personally,to date someone in a wheelchair.Mainly because I enjoy my freedom outside,going for long hikes,over rough hilly ground usually,and I do sometimes enjoy company when doing this.At this time of my life,with kids grown up and left home,no pets,so no responsibilites,I'm enjoying my time atm.You only get one life,and I dont think its being selfish wanting to spend it doing what you like with it,or spending it with who you like.

9. Logan 5

Logan 5 Confessed gynephile Lifetime Supporter

I had a GF that was in a wheelchair. We were engaged, ready to get married. I bought a really nice double-wide mobile home in rural Idaho, and had it remodeled to handle wheelchairs.
    Then I found out she wasn't getting married for love, she just wanted someone to take care of her, because she was already having a hard time. I figured, "well, ok, she has a tough life already and she wants help, no biggie". Until I found out for her family that she was saying some really bad shit about me behind my back. I lost over $45,000 for her.

Now? No way.

10. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i may or may not have thought about that chick with two heads

11. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

Yes, provided I wasn't expected to take care of them too much. I obviously don't mind helping out when necessary, but wouldn't want the burden of someone being unable to get by without me.

12. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

Of course. It depends on the disability. For example: not being able to have kids - there's no going around that one.

1 person likes this.
  13. Asmodean

^
    That's not even a disability in my book :D

14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

yeah ..thats an advantage

15. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

i thought the question was about me, im thinking "damn that was a stupid question, like would it be one that would keep me from playing hockey?"
    yes it makes a difference. it would have to be a bad one for me to say i wouldnt give them a chance. but honestly i work hard to make my life easy so i wouldnt go looking for someone that would make my life hard.

16. Sevens

Sevens Members

If ADHD counts as a physical disability. No. Since I am also ADHD apparently. But other physical disabilities. Yes. Painfully Sad I know.

17. pete359

pete359 Members

I dated a girl with one leg once, didn't even realize it for like 2 weeks, I just thought she limped until I asked, stuff like that doesn't phase me.
    My brother is a quadriplegic from a diving accident..... the girls he dates have no idea what they are getting into, he has a rough life.
    Every situation and person is different I guess.