Surely We Are The Good-bad-ugly Of Space And Everything

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by DAV-UK, Jun 4, 2004.

1. DAV-UK

DAV-UK Member

Im no Q from startrek who knows everything about the meaning of life but I do believe that we if we do not take ourself's out will spread out amoungst the stars

2. veinglory

veinglory Member

Sorry I don't get any sense from that at all.

3. DoggoD

DoggoD Member

We are rather Virus like, and destructive to our host (earth) if you think about it.

4. DAV-UK

DAV-UK Member

it means that humans will be the only lifeforms out there apart from sub forms

5. sky_pink

sky_pink er... what's the time?

That means you're assuming life itself is important. But hey - most planets and all stars do without it, so what are the basis of this assumption?

6. DoggoD

DoggoD Member

HUH? Well, life is important to me simply because I am alive and rather happy about it. Assumptions? I dont know, you lost me there. Everything is an assumption, there is no fact or actuallity because everyone has a different perception. A tree is only a tree because those are the 4 letters we assigned to it, what it actually is depends on your perception. What is a tree to somebody who has never seen one or is blind, other than 4 letters? I may be off topic but am not actually sure what the topic is.

7. sky_pink

sky_pink er... what's the time?

Well, who cares about what you think? Or me, for that matter?

Also, I don't think a tree is a tree because we call it a tree. :confused: :confused:

8. DarkLunacy

DarkLunacy Senior Member

I weep for outer space. When humans are done raping this planet we are going to spread out to Mars because "It is nessasary for our existance". I'd like to hear Bush's thoughts on it.

9. Antimatter235

Antimatter235 Member

"Well, who cares about what you think? Or me, for that matter?"

Are you assuming that things can be objectively important ?