Posted April 02 2005 - 07:04 PM
1. Start out with 6 strands of string/hemp (disregard the already formed knots and loops at the top)
2. Let the 2 outermost strands hang loose. Take the next 2 outermost strands, and knot them (about 4 times) around the middle strands. (it should look like the second half of the picture above)
3. Seperate the 6 stands into 2 groups of 3.
4. Knot the 2 outer stands in each group (about 2 times) around the middle strand, letting the outermost strand (that had hung loose) for a small loop (this loop will wrap around the side of the stone or peice you wrap up, make sure it's wide enough to fit)
5. Let the outermost strands drop again, knot 4 in the middle, and then seperate and knot 2 on each side. Continue this untill the stand of macrame is long enough to wrap entirely around what you are wrapping. It should look something like this
Posted April 02 2005 - 07:08 PM
it shouls look like the last picture when it’s done. Repeat with the other side.
7. Wrap around the stone you want to wrap up, and pull one side and then the other tight, and tie them both tightly.
Posted April 02 2005 - 07:09 PM
and there you go! Now tie the loose ends around the loop at the top and you’re done!
I hope this makes sense!
Posted April 02 2005 - 10:47 PM
Posted May 11 2011 - 09:33 AM
I tried this so many times. I don't have hemp or waxed macrame string, so I thought using regular cotton thread would be alright. Well I guess not.. I tried this so many times and it just didn't work at all...
Anyone got any ideas? I'm really desperate.
Posted May 11 2011 - 09:40 AM
Posted December 21 2012 - 12:24 AM