Cool facts about honey and bananas

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by skyyy420, Mar 25, 2005.

1. skyyy420

skyyy420 Member

I'll give you all some quick tips for curing things naturaly. I'll just give 2 simple things you can eat every day. Honey and bananas(organic of course)

Heres quick facts about both:

Pure Honey: is GERM FREE and has many HEALING PROPERTIES.
    Pure Honey is PURE and ANTISEPTIC.
    Historians have said almost all Egyptian MEDICINES contained Pure Honey.
    When EATEN daily, Pure Honey will reduce your body's susceptibility to, and cure, INFECTIONS.
    Pure Honey is used to heal OPEN WOUNDS, BURNS, PINK EYE, BLISTERS, SORES, skin and scalp IRRITATIONS. (APPLY DIRECTLY)
    Pure Honey heals BLISTERED EYELIDS caused by wearing contact lenses (APPLY 1 DROP DIRECTLY TO EYE).
    Pure Honey counteracts and stops the ITCHING from insect bites and poisonous plants (APPLY DIRECTLY)
    Pure Honey has been recognized as a cure for MALNUTRITION, OLD AGE, INSANITY, STOMACH DISORDERS and NERVE DISORDERS. (Recommended: EAT 3 TIMES A DAY).
    Pure Honey soothes and relieves a SORE THROAT, and is especially effective when the honeycomb is chewed. The small amount of honeycomb swallowed as it is chewed will coat a sore throat with relief! (DO NOT SWALLOW A BALL OF HONEYCOMB)
    People who eat Pure Honey daily have fewer COLDS and seldom have the FLU infection. (EAT DAILY BY THE TEASPOON OR ON FOOD OR IN DRINK, 3 TIMES A DAY).
    Many doctors recommend EQUAL PARTS of Pure Honey, lemon and whiskey as an extremely effective COUGH SYRUP.
    Pure Honey can be used as an antiseptic in any CAVITY in the human body. (APPLY DIRECTLY, COVER).
    Because of Pure Honey's fructose content, many claim it is a CURE for a hangover. (Recommended: EAT 3 TABLESPOONS).
    OVER THE CENTURIES, Pure Honey has been one of many cures which, if nothing else, did not make the patient worse than before he took the "medicine."
    Pure Honey is pre-digested. When eaten, Pure Honey's simple sugars are absorbed directly into your body's bloodstream for INSTANT ENERGY.
    Pure Honey contained some of EVERY NUTRIENT required to MAINTAIN GOOD HEALTH.
    Pure Honey is FAT FREE, SODIUM FREE and has NO CHOLESTEROL!
    Babies and Pure Honey. Pure Honey is not recommended for infants under one year of age. Pure Honey is a safe and wholesome food for older children and adults.

Bananas :

Anaemia: High in iron, bananas can stimulate the production of haemoglobin in the blood and so helps in cases of anaemia.

Blood Pressure: This unique tropical fruit is extremely high in potassium yet low in salt, making it the perfect food for helping to beat blood pressure. So much so, the US Food and Drug Administration has just allowed the banana industry to make official claims for the fruit’s ability to reduce the risk of blood pressure and stroke.

Brain Power: 200 students at a Twickenham (Middlesex) school were helped through their exams this year by eating bananas at breakfast, break and lunch in a bid to boost their brain power. Research has shown that the potassium-packed fruit can assist learning by making pupils more alert.

Constipation: High in fibre, including bananas in the diet can help restore normal bowel action, helping to overcome the problem without resorting to laxatives.
    Depression: According to a recent survey undertaken by MIND amongst people suffering from depression, many felt much better after eating a banana. This is because bananas contain trypotophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin – known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier.

Hangovers: One of the quickest ways of curing a hangover is to make a banana milkshake, sweetened with honey. The banana calms the stomach and, with the help of the honey, builds up depleted blood sugar levels, while the milk soothes and re-hydrates your system.

Heart-burn: Bananas have a natural antacid effect in the body so if you suffer from heart-burn, try eating a banana for soothing relief.

Morning Sickness: Snacking on bananas between meals helps to keep blood sugar levels up and avoid morning sickness.

Mosquito bites: Before reaching for the insect bite cream, try rubbing the affected area with the inside of a banana skin. Many people find it amazingly successful at reducing swelling and irritation.

Nerves: Bananas are high in B vitamins that help calm the nervous system.

Overweight and at work? Studies at the Institute of Psychology in Austria found pressure at work leads to gorging on comfort food like chocolate and crisps. Looking at 5,000 hospital patients, researchers found the most obese were more likely to be in high-pressure jobs. The report concluded that, to avoid panic-induced food cravings, we need to control our blood sugar levels by snacking on high carbohydrate foods – such as bananas – every two hours to keep levels steady.

PMS: Forget the pills – eat a banana. The vitamin B6 it contains regulates blood glucose levels, which can affect your mood.

Ulcers: The banana is used as the dietary food against intestinal disorders because of its soft texture and smoothness. It is the only raw fruit that can be eaten without distress in over-chronic ulcer cases. It also neutralises over-acidity and reduces irritation by coating the lining of the stomach.

Temperature control: Many other cultures see bananas as a ‘cooling’ fruit that can lower both the physical and emotional temperature of expectant mothers. In Thailand, for example, pregnant women eat bananas to ensure their baby is born with a cool temperature.

Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD): Bananas can help SAD sufferers because they contain the natural mood enhancer, trypotophan.

Smoking: Bananas can also help people trying to give up smoking, as the high levels of Vitamin C, A1, B6, B12 they contain, as well as the potassium and magnesium found in them, help the body recover from the effects of nicotine withdrawal.

Stress: Potassium is a vital mineral, which helps normalise the heartbeat, sends oxygen to the brain and regulates your body’s water-balance. When we are stressed, our metabolic rate rises, thereby reducing our potassium levels. These can be re-balanced with the help of a high-potassium banana snack.

Strokes: According to research in ‘The New England Journal of Medicine’ eating bananas as part of a regular diet can cut the risk of death by strokes by as much as 40%!

Warts: Those keen on natural alternatives swear that, if you want to kill off a wart, take a piece of banana skin and place it on the wart, with the yellow side out. Carefully hold the skin in place with a plaster or surgical tape

2. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

A couple of things to keep in mind.
    • NEVER give honey to babies under a year old. It may contain a form of Botulism, which is harmless to older people, but can paralyze the respiratory system of a baby. Cooking does not kill this bacteria at all. Keep babies away from all honey, even cooked honey.
    • People with migraines NEED to be careful with bananas. It contains Tyramine and Esters which can trigger migraines in people. If you get migraines, you may have to completely stay away from bananas. I have horrible migraines and even a half of a banana will send me into absolute terrible pain for several days. I used to LOVE bananas.

3. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Good stuff man, got any more good ideas like that?

4. honeyhannah

honeyhannah herbuhslovuh

damn migraines

5. Maggie Sugar

Amen, sister. I LOVE bananas. (And forget about alcohol, that is like near suicide for me.)

6. Zeppelingirl

Zeppelingirl Member

I get heartburn from lots of things, and bananas are one of them, as weird as it sounds...

7. Lilyrayne

Lilyrayne Chrisppie

No, I do too. I am not big on bananas, but they can make me get the burpies and vurpies.

8. Maggie Sugar

It could be either the esters (which is a form of alcohol) or the fiber. I like them, too, but alas, they are out of my ability to eat.

Also eaten either too ripe or not ripe enough will give you gas.

9. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

A very interesting thread!!!!!

I LOVE FINDING THREADS THAT SPEAK ABOUT NATURAL THINGS! (Anything is better than big pharma crap)

10. david millar

david millar Guest

'' BANANAS...'' A very interesting FACTS

DEPRESSION:
    According to a recent survey undertaken by MIND amongst people suffering from depression, many felt much better after eating a banana. This is because bananas contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin, known to make you relax, improve your mood and generally make you feel happier.
    PMS:
    Forget the pills - eat a banana. The vitamin B6 it contains regulates blood glucose levels, which can affect your mood.
    ANEMIA:
    High in iron, bananas can stimulate the production of hemoglobin in the blood and so helps in cases of anemia.
    BLOOD PRESSURE:
    This unique tropical fruit is extremely high in potassium yet low in salt, making it perfect to beat blood pressure So much so, the US Food and Drug Administration has just allowed the banana industry to make official claims for the fruit's ability to reduce the risk of blood pressure and stroke.
    BRAIN POWER:
    200 students at a Twickenham (Middlesex) school ( England ) were helped through their exams this year by eating bananas at breakfast, break, and lunch in a bid to boost their brain power. Research has shown that the potassium-packed fruit can assist learning by making pupils more alert.
    Read more for good health.

11. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

I find bananas give me bad heartburn. I don't know if it's the sugars converting to acids or what.

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I never saw this info but am happy to see it since both honey and banana's are consumed here on a regular basis :cheers2:

13. Sallysmart

Sallysmart Raynstorm Serenade

You should watch out for bananas if you are diabetic, they can raise the blood sugars like an OHenry bar can
    Also the honey should be a good quality, bought at a health store when used for medicinal reasons. Regular store bought is Ok if its a regular use idea. I get my daily use honey from a local farm here rather then the grocery store.
    For heart burn, chew mint gum if you can or will chew gum. It exercizes the esophagus and pushes the acids back down. If you chew often you might find like I did that heart burn rarely comes to get you anymore.
    When I was working out of the house and was first aid peeps would come to me looking for an antacid. I would encourage them to check out the candy machine in the lunchroom first, buy a pack of gum and come back if it dont work. Many said I chew but never knew I should during heart burn. Only a few came back for an antacid.

14. JohnFashion

JohnFashion Banned

I'm sure you could find an unbelievably long list like that about any reasonably healthy food. Find a food you already like, and then justify eating it, by finding a long list of all the benefits to make yourself feel better.

I don't get hangovers anyway. And fructose is toxic to the liver.. it's the only sugar(as far as I know) that's considered bad