Post a picture of you and your baby!

Discussion in 'Musicians' started by flowerchild17, May 31, 2004.

1. flowerchild17

flowerchild17 I practice safe sax.

I thought it was be cool if we all posted a picture of us and what we played! Now me having a drumset, a bass, a guitar, two saxes, and bongos... it'll take me awhile to set it all up but I'll try and get a picture today :D But here is my baby to start off with :)
    Post away!

2. Orsino

Orsino Member

I've got more in other rooms.... a 1964 Fender Vibroverb and a Fender Telecaster in the basement.... a Korg Triton... and some other stuff... just a quick picture in my bedroom..... I don't have anyone to take the pic with me in it and I can't find anywhere to set it where I could be in the pic. Stupid timer makes it blurry if I use that. But you get the idea. I borrowed my guitar luthier's Taylor acoustic yesterday and worked on a song all day and recorded that and I hope to get it posted today on my music site.

3. Power_13

Power_13 insult ninja

:O That's a nice Strat, Orsino...if I may ask, what year is it? Looks like it's had quite a life. And is that a Telecaster neck pickup and switch tip?

I'll get a few pics up when I find the time to take 'em...I'm currently rocking out to an album or two :p

4. Orsino

Orsino Member

Well... it's a frankenstrat... I really don't know what year it is. It has a 2000 Stevie Ray Vaughan neck from the fender custom shop with a maple fretboard instead of rosewood from the 1957 body which is original. The two pickups are dated 3-57, the switch is a 3 position blade switch out of a 1952 telecaster, the neck pickup is out of a 1952 telecaster, the tuners are off of a 1954 stratocaster, the tremolo is out of a 1962 stratocaster, the pickguard is a 1969 strat guard, the output jack is from a '56 stratocaster, the strap buttons are off of two Martin acoustics :D. The pickups have been moved back so the middle pickup used to be the neck pickup and the bridge was the middle, the tone controls are CTS pots out of a '67 telecaster, and the volume is the original 1957. hahaha... a lot to remember. :D Oh... and one of the bridge saddles is off of a 1998 Telecaster. The tone and volume controls have been disconnected from the circuitry and wired directly to the jack. Sometimes I say it's a 2000, sometimes I say it's a '57. I got it from a guitar luthier who bought it from his uncle who was the original owner and i've really played it to hell and back since I bought it from him. But.... that's going to end in about three days because I have it up for sale.

5. Orsino

Orsino Member

Oh...... and that black knob on the volume control. That's off of a 1957 Gibson Les Paul 3 pickup black beauty. :eek: I snagged that on ebay. (not the guitar... the knob, but i'm still proud to own the knob :D)

6. Taylor

Taylor Repatriated

whats that brown crap on your guitar?

7. MichaelByrd1967

MichaelByrd1967 Garcia Wannabe

Sorry, I don't have a digital camera to post photos of me and my guitars, but I have found pictures either exactly like or close to the guitars that I own.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Limited Edition Sparkle)
    [​IMG]
    Mine is an Epiphone. Besides that, the only difference is that I have a creme colored pickguard.

Squire Affinity Stratocaster
    [​IMG]
    Although, my strat isn't a Fender, it is a fairly decent guitar. And the reason why I have, a photo of George Harrison's 'I Am The Walrus' strat (also called 'Rocky') is because I took the pickguard and white pickup covers and gave them a psychedelic look with permanent marker.

Ovation Acoustic
    [​IMG]
    Mine is a vintage from the late 70's, probably the same model used by Roger Waters of Pink Floyd.

Fender '62 Jazz Bass
    [​IMG]
    My '62 Jazz Bass is a custom model. It was completely stripped of it's paintjob (but reapplied with a thin coat of lacquer) and pickguard. This bass here looks very much like it, however, the only difference is that mine is just natural wood.

New York Pro Acoustic-Electric Mandolin
    [​IMG]
    This is the exact model of my mandolin.

Hagstrom Viking 1
    [​IMG]
    Right now this guitar is in pieces. I'm trying to rebuild it with new electronics and a new neck. I want the finished product to look something like a Gibson ES-345...
    [​IMG]

Amps and Accesories:

Danelectro DM25
    [​IMG]
    I only have the head of this stack. Right now, I'm getting this fixed up to be compatible with any cabinet.

Abilene ALA10
    (can't find a picture on the internet)
    It's just a little one speaker amp. It's got a nice sound to it though.

Digitech Genesis1
    [​IMG]
    I don't know where I would be without this thing. It's got so many great effects and such, I can't put my feelings about it into words.

Dunlop Cry Baby Wah-Wah
    [​IMG]
    Once again, I don't know where I'd be without this wah. I love the sound of it. It got me out of many jams (as in jams with bands, pun intended).

DOD Overdrive/Preamp 250
    [​IMG]
    A nice little overdrive pedal. I used this before I got the Genesis1, but I still love it nonetheless.

RMS Volume Pedal
    [​IMG]
    This was actually my first wah, but it broke, and after I got my Crybaby, a friend rewired it into a passive volume pedal.

Ok, that's the rundown of my equipment. Hopefully I'll have some more fun stuff as time goes by.

8. Orsino

Orsino Member

That's where the finish has worn down into the wood.

9. SunFree

SunFree Member

How do you people have so many guitars??

MichaelByrd man, my god, how is it that I have not seen that Harrison guitar before? HOW?? Because that is the coolest thing I've ever seen.. oh man...oh man.

My instruments feel so very bland in comparison.

10. Orsino

Orsino Member

How could you have not seen Rocky before.. lol.. that was like... his most famous guitar.

11. MichaelByrd1967

MichaelByrd1967 Garcia Wannabe

My Keyboards and Drums...

Casio WK-1630
    [​IMG]
    The sounds are OK, but I really wanna get some vintage stuff.

Korg DW-8000
    [​IMG]
    A real vintage synth. Funny thing is that, I'm only holding on it to for a friend.;)

5-piece Drumkit
    [​IMG]
    This is probably the best I can find, that looks remotely like my drumset.

LP Tambourine
    [​IMG]

LP Cowbell
    [​IMG]

A new amplifier that I forgot about...
    Dean Markley RM-80-SR Bass/Guitar Amp Head
    [​IMG]
    Just bought it 2 days ago, so it was easy to forget about... It's gotta nice sound though.

Community Light and Sound Bass Cabinet
    (cant find a picture)
    It's from a local company, and it's been in our garage for years, it wasn't until now (when we got the Dean Markley), that we started using it.

12. bestmarchingchick

bestmarchingchick Member

Hey, that's pretty okay drum set. My friend TJ has a totally rad one though. He has the basic drums, snare, floor tom, and the other two. I don't know if their toms orr not. but yeah. Then he has the ride cymbal, crash cymabl, hi hat, and another crash, then he has 32 cymbals ranging from 3 inches to 22 inches in diamter all different sizes. inverted and reagular. Then he has 3 other drums, and 5 different cow bells, and a set of 7 tempo blocks attached with a tamborine off the side and a double bass drum pedal. This set is amazing when all together. I don't mean to bring you down. But i had to tell you about this set I love this set. every thing is made by the same ompany, although im not sure what it is, but i know it's not yamaha, cuz yamaha sounds like tupperware. lol. His set is worth like a billion dollars. lol I told him i wa gonna steal it. :p well gotta go.

13. flowerchild17

Excuse me if I say HOLY FUCKING SHIT! GET A PICTURE! Just... OH MY GOD... That sounds like something the dude from Rush would have...

I'm uploading my picture into my computer... So will have it posted later tonight :)

14. warthog

warthog Member

edit uy out post

15. Fallen

Fallen Member

[​IMG]Its a yamaha BBN5, I just put in two EMG soapbox active pickups. I used a Ghalleon & Krueger 800RB with a peavey black widow speaker, wich is over 12 years old and still going strong!

16. Fallen

Fallen Member

Warthog, your musicman and your ampeg kicks ass.

What type of music do you play?

17. warthog

warthog Member

thanks my lil bass playin bro....!!Your stuff is good too!!!! ...a new set of stings makes an old bass sound good !!!...like I said I have a day job to pay for my toys !!!..keep on thumpin!!!! us bass players have to stick together in our bass player club ..ROCK ON LIL. BRO!!!!!!OH i'd play russan polka if it payed //heheh//check out my web page right now I play in a classic-southern rock band.& it pays the bills &, my tab.//I've played in all types,, Dead cover bands WSP,& DMB cover bands ,jam bands ,Classic rock!I have played with some really good Blues & soul cats around town...never made much $$$with the Blues & Soul..i live in a college town & if i get with some young cats they have buddies here & we make good $$$$paid some college off!!! NOW IM HAPPY PLAYIN WITH CATS MY OWN AGE THEY HAVE IT TOGETHER &,THEY BOOK ALOT //THEY HAVE THE SOUND SYSTEM TRUCK& VANS..SO ALL I DO IS SHOW UP &,PLAYdrink some cold ones dance around..sing & just have major fun.Forget i have a day job& the stress..for a few hours i am rock star,& i love the escape & the high from makin people happy..its a trip...wouldnt trade it for anything..its a blast!!!we have a sayin in the music biz dont quit your day job ..haha//keep on rockin in the free world PEACE//pj

18. flowerchild17

I couldn't find a way for me to be in this pic, but here is the family!

In back is my drumset, which is holding everything up. Now keep in mind this isn't the greatest set in the world, it has one cymbol (my Solar brand highhat which is actually pretty nice, but could use a new stand) my Remo roto toms which are really nice, them some random white drums I got somewhere... and A remo snare which needs new tuners. They could all use new heads (including the bass drum which also needs A FREAKING PETAL!) But I use the snare a lot and I use the toms... Need a new floor tom though... Just need a new set, really!

My acoustic is an old honar which was rebuilt by my dad's friend... it has a honar backing but the rest the guy did himself... and he did a damn good job, too. I really love the thing to death, too bad I'm not that good at playing it.

My bass is a Reyonlds, real simple 20 fret bass with a Stone amp model SBA-20. Nice little practice amp, a bass that keeps in tune and has really nice tuners. This thing has really helped me relearn all the skills I was taught years and years ago when I was small but never got the chance to use...

The gold sax, my alto, is the first instrument I ever recieved, which I got on my 9th birthday. It's a student model US Bundy II, it was great to learn on. Now I think I need something more though... This thing on frustrates me. IT helped me on my road as a sax player but now I need something with keys that are made better and one with a high F# key...

That silver beauty of a tenor sax is my pride and joy. It's a professional model, bought off of www.saxophone.com, with their brand by called saxophone.com. I can't bring myself to ever put it down... and in the 3 months I've had it it's expanded my talents and basic skills farther then I thought they could ever go... And it's silver! My dream sax...

I have a lot of other little percussion instruments, but am dying to get a cowbell and a tambourine! And some new heads for my set.... But there they are! The collection will probably increase soon...

19. warthog

warthog Member

Fallin your yamaha kicks a$$ i have emgs in both of my 4 string jaz basses 1972,& 1978;;;OKyour G.K.head kicks major a$$& i use peavy BWs all the time ..so dude dont short your self you have a killer rig !!what kind of music you play???you look like a rocker!!hehe//...but that rig you have is as nice as mine..its how you use it ..dude!!!//pj

20. warthog

warthog Member

heheh//flower child i admire you with all your driffent stuff just keep on playin!!!neat pic you have ///bass,guitar& horn sec,,& drums..if you had a 8 track recorder you could be a whole band//hehe//I remeber your granmother & your blues ..she would be proud!!!Blues is just a good man(woman) fellin down...thanks for the forum,& keep on jammin!!! Music is like a smile its something everyone everywhere unders stands ..you can say so much with music whether it be sad or happy ..but the thing is you cant hurt anyone ,like you can with words,, express yourself through music,,& KEEP ON SMILING..&THANKS..Peace LIL SIS //pj