Women, Why Do We Show Cleavage???

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by BrownTripleQQ, Feb 18, 2005.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The subtle way= Knock-knock (I sez)

Who's there(she replies)

Emerson (I sez)

Emerson who? (she replies)

'Emerson some nice boobies ya got there.(I sez,as I duck the left hook)

2. jamgrassphan

jamgrassphan Get up offa that thing Lifetime Supporter

I've given up trying to comprehend fashion. My feeling is that if a woman (or a man, or a transexual, etc.) exposes certain parts of his/her body, be it neck, ankle, cleavage, thigh, sideboob, underboob, ass cheek, belly, whale tail and they are offended if someone looks, gazes, stares upon them for whatever reason, that it's fucking neurotic and insane. I mean if people really dressed themselves for their own sake, wouldn't we all be wearing robes, pajamas, assless chaps or nothing at all - all day? If one chooses to buy clothes with the intent and perception of enhancing one's appearance - how could anyone possibly justify being offended when someone else looks? Yet knowing that it does, I still find myself averting my eyes when confronted with the aforementioned cleavage, thigh, sideboob, underboob, ass cheek, belly, whale tail - so as not to be mistakenly perceived as some crude ogler. Fuck. Isn't life stressful enough?

I took a "figure drawing" class in college - not knowing the implications of that title, I went in naively expecting to spend a trimester drawing fruit in bowls. Wasn't I surprised on the first day of class when the girl who had just sold me my art supplies at the campus bookstore walks in wearing a white robe, the prof. introduces her and then says "okay we're going to do a 3 minute sketch. Tamera?" (Tamera disrobes) and I aspirate and then cough a lung full of the tea I'd been drinking all over my easel. By the end of the week, it seemed perfectly humdrum and natural -and yet, still I find my eyes drawn to the ceiling every time I'm confronted with unfamiliar cleavage. Why is this?

3. scratcho

Because you're a gentleman? Nah--I don't know. Quick glances never hurt anybody ,as long as they don't last for 2 minutes. If they wern't covered all the time and women went topless, in a couple a' months ,no one would even look anymore. I saw that living in the jungle with a bunch of naked women. You don't even notice if they're dressed or not after a while.

4. jamgrassphan

Where exactly do I sign-up to live in this jungle that you speak of, and where is it . . . exactly?

5. scratcho

I reckon in some alternate universe now,cuz it was in '72. Wonder if any are still there. They'd be old cracks now--like me. ----Big Island of Hawaii,below Captain Cook.

6. jamgrassphan

You see what I mean - I missed the boat yet again.

7. Dinah Cross

Dinah Cross Guest

I like to show cleavage if I can, because it makes me feel sexy. Coming from a woman with small boobs, feeling sexy can mean a lot. I actually feel a little proud of myself when a man can't keep his eyes up.

Pussytimes likes this.
  8. jamgrassphan

Doesn't it piss you off that forces outside yourself have conditioned you almost from birth that a person with small boobs is less "sexy" than a person with big boobs? It pisses me off, and I don't have boobs at all. Why do we allow or deprive ourselves of feeling "sexy" by anything outside of ourselves?

9. SunnyHappyVegan

SunnyHappyVegan Member

This!

I also agree with Sunburst about looking vs. staring.

:sunny:

10. Argiope aurantia

Argiope aurantia Member

My girls are kind of huge, so it's either a turtleneck or cleavage. May as well enjoy it. And it's okay if men look, they're kind of hard to miss.

11. Giant

Giant Member

Photographs please! :2thumbsup:

12. Argiope aurantia

Argiope aurantia Member

(Facepalm)

13. Giant

Giant Member

Hahaha!

14. neverzayneverz

neverzayneverz Guest

I think we do it because we feel sexy and confident. Despite any negative association we give mens' comments toward us, I think deep down inside we know its attention, and a part of us may secretly want that.

Pussytimes likes this.
  15. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

to get a promotion.

16. GoofyGooberz

GoofyGooberz Just Bitchy!!!!!!!!

I'll, be honest I show them off because they are sexy and big, I know its what men like. Tons of women spend money to make theirs bigger.

so I always thought why not show off what I was blessed with.

Pussytimes likes this.
  17. RroshHaleSpon

RroshHaleSpon Member

I show my Cleavege because it makes me feel more sexy and confident. Iv got a rather large rack (especially for my age) and I dont care if people stare. I wont say anything. Iv never been the "prettiest" or the "skinniest" at my School so why not show what Iv got that the others dont?

Pussytimes likes this.
  18. zyxwxxx

zyxwxxx Guest

Love your attitude, RroshHaleSpon!

19. Quiet Storm

Quiet Storm Member

It makes me feel sexy, feminine and confident.
    Why cover up a beautiful thing?

At work I'm not as liberal - however.

Pussytimes likes this.
  20. FlipFish

FlipFish Member

I show them off for my man. I get annoyed when other people *stare*. I don't mind looks but staring bugs me.