barefoot-friendly countries

Discussion in 'Bare It! Nudism and Naturism' started by nelle, Feb 9, 2005.

1. nelle

nelle Member

what do you think are the best countries for barefooting?

in germany where there are local differences, but in berlin where i live i think everything is ok for barefooters. i never was sent out of class, stores, stations etc. for barefooting, so it seems to be more liberate than in the united states. what are your experiences?

2. Alexandra

Alexandra Member

Nice spam :-/

3. NudistMike07

NudistMike07 Member

Yeah I think ya just need to do it and not worry what anyone says, its not their business anyways.

4. Gymnos

Gymnos Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I thought he posted spam also. Then I noticed it came up as .com while the link reads .net. Change it to .net and what comes up doesn't look like spam.

5. bfrank

bfrank Member

Though I haven't been to a lot of foreign countries, from my own experience I think the best country in the world for barefooting is French Polynesia.

6. Alexandra

Alexandra Member

Still no dice, .com or .net...

7. Fangz

Fangz Member

Well, my area of USA is pretty barefoot friendly I guess. I have gone outside many times bare, and a few times into stores, and businesses, and I haven't gotten any bad treatment yet.

8. august_moon

august_moon Member

Definatley Australia. All you need here is a pair of thongs incase you need them to get into the pub. Ha ha! Cities are less barefoot friendly but that does not stop one from being barefoot and proud anyway!

9. Tech Mo

Tech Mo Member

Most definitely. When I was in Australia in April 2000 I was barefoot most of the time. I wore flip flops during my journey but barefoot on the plane. When I got to Sydney I was still in my flip flops but later that day I saw a woman barefoot in McDo. So there and then I packed up my flip flops and that was it. Then I start noticing more barefooters during the day. I spent the rest of my time barefoot in Sydney and Melbourne without anyone saying anything. My feet got pretty dirty as you can guess! There wasn't many barefooters in Melbourne (sorry August Moon), I only noticed one. It was cooler in Melbourne but that didnt stop this girl waiting for a bus at night barefoot.

Keep them dirty :)

Mo

10. angel_wings

angel_wings Member

I've never experienced any problems with going barefoot in public, and I live in the UK. Occasionally people in shops have, very politely, asked me if I mind putting some shoes on, but this is mostly in big fancy department stores like John Lewis, and I don't go in there much. I don't eat in places like MacDonalds, so I don't know what their policy is, but the places I do eat don't even seem to notice my bare feet. And at sixth form college, most people are aware that I'm "that barefoot girl" and I've never been asked to put shoes on or leave a class because I'm barefoot.

Of course, what is unfriendly to the barefooter in the UK is the weather! You can only really go barefoot outside from about May until September, maybe a bit earlier or later, but this time of year it's a no go!

Oh, and also I've found quite a lot of streets aren't kept very clean, so away from the town centre you have to watch where you're stepping!

11. Tech Mo

Tech Mo Member

Where r u Angel Wings? Which John Lewis store was this? I used to work at John Lewis and I never knew they had such a policy.

I know its not easy going barefoot in this weather, so what r u wearing? I am in my black flip flops when I go out but barefeet indoors.

keep them dirty :)

Mo

12. Myranya

Myranya Slytherin Girl

The Netherlands are sorta barefoot friendly. I've noticed many people only measure barefoot friendliness by whether they're getting kicked out of stores; well, that has never happened to me yet in 8 years. Maybe a dozen times I've been asked if I mind wearing shoes or expressed concern, I've always calmly but immediately replied that yes, I would mind and that I never wore shoes anywhere and it's my own responsibility and they all said it was okay then (Angel_Wings -just curious, what do you reply when you're asked to wear footwear?). Only one dentist insisted I would wear shoes but she was a real busybody who got onto me for neglecting my teeth anyways and I never returned (thank the Light I only called on her to find a dentist and hadn't an actual appointment, she was a real bitch and I wouldn't want her digging around in my mouth with sharp instruments no matter what I'd be wearing or not wearing on my feet!). And one gym required shoes but they were also extremely strict, they didn't allow cutoffs or sleeveless shirts either and I found them so uptight on my preliminary visit (which I did do barefoot) that I doubt I've have joined there if I'd been a shoddy, either! Never had any other store or business owners who insisted I wear shoes.

But it's not 'friendly'; other barefooters are almost non-existant, I've only spontaneously seen less than five people barefoot in those eight years, I get comments all the time, especially now in winter (I do go barefoot year-round in this climate), there's not a day someone will stop to ask me if I'm okay, or will even offer me money for shoes. High school kids have the habit of yelling their comments across the street. I personally think it's funny but people who don't like the attention might be easily embarrassed into wearing shoes at least in winter.

13. Archemetis

Archemetis Senior Member

hawaii is excellent barefooting country...for teh most part anyway, there are certin parts of certin islands that have wicked thorns brought over way back in the day by christian missionaries to try to get the locals to wear shoes...true story. it seems on islands its socailly aceptable to got bare foot. more so than most places.

14. kaalvoetpoena

kaalvoetpoena Member

South Africa...almost 80% of primary schools are barefroot schools,and it is encouraged,then there is NZ...and to a degree,Australia....

15. kaalvoetpoena

kaalvoetpoena Member

actually,South Africa is in general barefoot friendly.On a normal day at the mall as an example,barefoot adults,teens,and kids are a normal site.We love being barefoot here.