The Beatles

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by winston Smiths Diary, Jan 31, 2005.

1. winston Smiths Diary

winston Smiths Diary Member

I love the beatles, I was into them at the age of 12 and Ive loved them ever since!

I just wonderd has any one here actually seen them ?

I would love to know your story!

2. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

Same Here..... I have an Actually photo (not a reprint, from his personal collection) from the photographer who took the first pictures of the beatles when they came to America.... Ive seen Paul and Ringo in Concert before :) . . My boss Used to play Mon Jong w/ Yoko.... And Talked to Lennon on Several Occasions... :)

3. yamamamo

yamamamo Member

I saw Paul at Glastonbury last year, he did a few Beatle songs. That's as close as I'll ever get :(

4. winston Smiths Diary

winston Smiths Diary Member

Yes, I went to see Paul in london when I was about 13!

He did loads of beatle songs!

5. irsis

irsis Member

This is as close as I get to a beatle;
    [​IMG]

6. blindhobosam

blindhobosam The Legend

who are they?

7. HippieFlowerGirl67

HippieFlowerGirl67 Banned

Omg! You have GOT to be kidding! You don't know the The Beatles are!? They're a rock group from England! I got to see Ringo Starr in concert. And my friend and I are getting to see 1964 The Tribute on March 19th, a couple days before my b-day!
    [​IMG]

8. canadian_boy

canadian_boy Brohn Zmith

They are the greatest band ever. I'm into them since i am 11.

9. mosaicthreads

mosaicthreads Member

I saw them in '66 or '67 maybe....I don't remember exactly, I was young and my 20 year old brother and his girlfriend too me. All the girls in the crowd screamed so much that you couldn't hear them, and we were all the way up in the balcony so we could barely see them. But it was great! and now I can tell my grandkids that I saw the Beatles in concert.

My old man is an original Beatle fan. He taught himself guitar playing Beatle's songs and can play all of them. All my kids grew up on the Beatles and when my daughter was in labor with her first child, her husband distracted her by asking her Beatle's trivia....she never skipped a beat answering all his questions without a second thought, in between contractions! That's my girl!! :)

10. yamamamo

yamamamo Member

:D Hehe that's hilarious!

11. rockinstooge69

rockinstooge69 Member

well, i know this musician (well, i know his bass player really well, close enough) his name is Nils Lofgren, hes really great, look him up. anyway, he has actually played with Ringo. I met Nils a few times, hes a nice guy. BUT HE PLAYED WITH RINGO!!! THATS SO COOL!![​IMG]

12. Dreamer120880

Dreamer120880 Member

I LOVE THE BEATLES...i have seen the Beatles tribute band a couple of times...stayed at the Beatles Hard Days Night Bed-n-Breakfast....owned by george harrisons sister ...it was actually the house the boys stayed at when they came to America before their Washington D.C show on Feb.11 ( i think that was the day) i have that show on dvd...haha but anywho i love the beatles..been into them since i was 5 my grandma loved them....I'm especially a GREAT JOHN LENNON fan

13. blindhobosam

blindhobosam The Legend

of course i know who the beatles are.....

i really want to see all of yellow submarine but all of the copies on my computer dont show it all :(

14. yamamamo

yamamamo Member

Yeh that sucks, I can'f find a full version anywhere. They all cut off after about twenty minutes, but I've seen it a few times so it doesn't matter too much.

15. blindhobosam

blindhobosam The Legend

25 minutes about for me, it's so great from what ive seen and the bit in the mansion where things come out and run around when no one is looking is SO python-esque...it rules so much

16. DrSpaceman

DrSpaceman Member

Just on Ed Sullivan