parapsychology

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by veinglory, May 28, 2004.

1. veinglory

veinglory Member

I am curious -- how seriously would you take parapsychology as a science (i.e. a university based department like the one in Edinburgh) and why?

2. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

id take it seriously,

i thin parapsycology is a genuine science, there are many things about the universe we cant explain and at the same time cant dismiss.

3. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

yes, indeed

4. veinglory

veinglory Member

So how can it be both a legit science and dealing with something 'very hard to prove'? Afterall what makes science effective is successful proofs, surely?

5. veinglory

veinglory Member

I'm happy for you, but that wasn't my question -- this is the S&T forum after all. I am interested in whather people feel parapsychology is a legit science -- not whether the paranormal exists.

6. veinglory

veinglory Member

Yes, but... how seriously would you take parapsychology as a science. (That being the question at hand).

7. veinglory

veinglory Member

Umm. OK, then your in the wrong thread, because this thread is about that question. ta.

8. Antimatter235

Antimatter235 Member

Yeah, like, just answer the goddamn question. Either it works (repeatable & measurable results) or it doesn't work.
    It's true that in esoteric practices it's only a matter of belief but as VG pointed out we're in the S&T forum.

9. hip-ster

hip-ster Member

Somehow I get the feeling that Midnight doesn't get invited to too many parties. Just perusing his other posts, you'll notice he gets into fights with everyone and reverts to name calling every time someone doesn't agree with his view exactly.

10. Flowerian

Flowerian Senior Member

I think it is a serious science. If science only concentrated on things we already know, it would be senseless, wouldn't it? :)