Who will be the next Madonna?

Discussion in 'Hip Awards' started by Kabbalist, May 26, 2004.

?

Who will be the next Madonna?

1. Britney Spears

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Christina Aguilera

12 vote(s)
    34.3%
  3. Pink

21 vote(s)
    60.0%
  4. Gwen Stefani

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. shine_crazydiamond

shine_crazydiamond Member

My best friend, Alison Stewart!

2. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

she raises a good point

for anyone to hit the iconic status of Madonna, they would have to reach it quickly, it's too late for everyone on this list

3. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

gwen stefani.... for the hell of it.

4. cosire

cosire Member

Who will be the next Madonna? Who the fuck cares?

5. sentient

sentient Senior Member

I dont think any of those listed in the poll will be the next madonna, as I dont believe they will have the audacity to stay on the stage long enough to be flouting a pair of tits that look like spaniels ears and a wrinkly saggy arse that protrudes from the ever shrinking leotard of a long faded media poser in their 50's.

Thankfully the experience that madonna provided was far too much for any discerning public that understood her only talent was posing for the camera and being a mime artist. She plays no musical instrument, uses other artists to fill in if she cant hit a note, and doesnt write her own songs. The idea that at the age of 50 she is still pimping her, untalented, wrinkled, flabby , arse in front of school aged boys young enough to be her grandson, as though they should find a semi naked grandmothers body sexually attractive, means most adults believe she is obviously mentaly unwell or deluded. Her money has always been made by conning young children out of their pocket money by deluding them that she had talent, but at her age its becoming criminal. Her best decision after becoming such a jaded embarrassment can only be to live as a recluse. Or at least keep out of the way of cameras so we can see something interesting instead.

Which pop star would follow her example, she is only outdone by the rolling stones in that respect. We have only one thing to thank madonna for and that is for giving us all a laugh as a final act. However after laughing for an entire 14 years or more at her expense, I now feel only pity for her that she continues to make herself such a spectacular embarrassment across the entire world media. I like the poll its a subtle way of telling madonna its over. However she doesnt get hints she has to be beaten over the head with it written in letters 20ft high

6. BodyElectric

BodyElectric Member

And she can laugh at everyone that made her a millionaire. :p

I'm not a big fan but that lady is knows her business.

7. sentient

sentient Senior Member

and her business is touting her tits to those who dont know any discerning way of telling talent from media whores

8. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

*shrugs* I've no idea.... Well, not Brittany any more, although 2 years ago when this thread was started I may have agreed... I like Christina and Gwen though, although I've no idea about this whole 'next Madonna' thing.

9. KyndMama07

KyndMama07 Member

I don't think there will really be another someone like Madonna. I voted Christina b/c I think she's most like her out of the bunch.

10. mzerica2u

mzerica2u Member

At first I thought that Britney Spears was going to be the next Madonna but with the way she has been acting lately who knows. Its not to say that Madonna was always a saint. I feel that maybe Christina Aguilera might be the next Madonna she kind of has the same attitude as Madonna.

11. fountains of nay

fountains of nay Planet Nayhem!

I reckon Kylie, although she's already at iconic status.

12. Loveminx

Loveminx Sports Racer

Gwen is awesome...and the most talented, I think.

13. Wanderess

Wanderess Member

Gwen is a poser, she will even admit it. Brittany is a lost soul for the time being.

Tell me who writes their own lyrics and music, knows how to play a variety of instruments, has a body to sell and has looks some find attractive, a gimmick that hasn't been done yet, a style of music that changes the mainstream, will do anything and step on anyone to become the number one music diva and consistently change who she is to the public eye. Then you will have another Madonna.

Like it or not, sex sells more than talent. I am not a Madonna fan, but I do believe she has some talent.. and it wasn't acting.

14. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

Are you fucking serious?

15. ronald Macdonald

ronald Macdonald Banned

what you mean like madonna a fat 50 year old sad saggy poseur with a floppy saggy arse and tits like ribbons? I vote for Britney spears

16. Lorna

Lorna The Magician

I think Gwen is really talented and awesom, she is much better than madonna,.

17. Lorna

Lorna The Magician

Britney rocks! sad she got all the wrong kind of friends and bf and mum and influences.
    Good she got her kids, the rest sucks.
    She really work hard to get where she is now, no surprised she got her teenage breakdown a but late. It had to happen at some time.
    Hard to satisfy you own parents dreams about themselves and what they would ahve dream to be.. and end oyu at a wald disney tv show age 13 or 15..
    cant be good at the end.
    too much sex sale thought..
    got the wrong bf to advise her in that. Fuck how she must dream to be free of expectations and wrong friends and bad people and paparazzi!
    Lonely brit with her babies and her luggages of messy life.

Thanks God we aint in her socks!

Madonna take herself too seriously and Britney not enough, thats 2 poles of the selfconfidence issue in one.

18. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Here's to hoping that people develop musical taste and don't listen to this drivel anymore.

19. hailtothekingbaby

hailtothekingbaby Yowzers!

I like some songs by Pink and Christina. But you people were right, Madonna pioneered sexuality in pop music, The rest aren't pioneering in anything. I dislike Britney Spears a lot, and I don't think Pink is making enough waves (yet?) to be the new Madonna so it would either be Glen or Christina... the difference is that Christina really does have a very powerful voice. It should be her, if anyone.

But... do we really *need* a new Madonna?