MIGHT BE SICK skin problem down there hurts, help lol

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by faded, Jan 2, 2005.

1. RetroGroove_Grrl

RetroGroove_Grrl I'm a big girl now

herpes is possible if you have ANY sexual contact, even if it isn't intercourse.

2. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

really, any?
    I don't believe you, I'm checking w/ Google

Edit- you were right, I lose

3. rg420

rg420 Member

It could be jock itch as well.

4. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

dude you don't even have to go to your family doctor, go to a walk in clinic, or a sexual health clinic, that looks like a lot like herpes to me, not like zits. It's scary shit man, but it can get a lot scarier if you let it go undiagnosed and/or untreated.

5. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

my town has an adolesant center where they do free preganacy and STD testing and stoof, you should see if your town has something like that...

but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go to a doc!!

6. faded

faded Member

lol i will go to the docs now. still freaked out. like i said imma probably wait till end of january to go. my system needs to be clean before they do a blood test and urn test. do i accuatly have to SHOW the doc? beacuse theres no way of showing with out showin other parts lol....
    ohh and like about not having to have sex to get herpes. i dont even think ive kissed a girl so i can rule out sex related i hope

7. lawngirl

lawngirl Member

i've (thankfully) never seen herpes in person, just pictures of it.. the way the sores look varies (plus there are different kinds), so i can't say by looking at the picture that it definitely is or isn't... (you've gotta see a doctor for that ;) )but despite a few scattered "ewws" in response to your photos, i'm glad you did post them... cause that doesn't look like an ingrown hair or zit-fest to me. did you post the picture before or after you put alcohol on it? that might have dried it out and made it look worse. are you allergic to any dyes/perfumes/detergents? could your knickers have been washed in something you're allergic to? were you streaking through the woods, where you could have caught poison ivy/oak/sumack on your junk? i'm with everyone who recommended the doc, especially free clinics in your area. maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but you need to find out no matter what.

do you have any other symptoms? flu-like? headaches? does it burn when you pee? i've read the first outbreak tends to be more painful... other than that, it's more itchin' and burning and tingling.

i'm not saying that it IS herpes, but IF you seriously suspect it, then you might appriciate the following info:

like a couple people have said, herpes can be spread through any skin-to-infected-skin contact, and sores do not need to be present to spread the virus... so DO NOT TOUCH THEM!
    if it's herpes, the virus can spread from your genitals to your mouth.. like if you try to heal/poke it, then go eat a snack or have a smoke or itch your mouth, it can spread. you can potentially infect places like your eye, too. it can also be spread through your towel.. so don't dry your junk right before you dry your face. herpes can live on surfaces, but not for very long. it's not very likely that it will be spread through surfaces, but it is possible, so keep that in mind. i'm not saying all of that to make you paranoid, but if it is herpes, then this might help prevent some future discomfort. until you find out for sure though, take some precautions just in case.

also, you said you might wait a few weeks before going to the doc.. but s/he's not going to give you a drug test, so if that's your reason for waiting, then wait no more. and you need to go while the sores are still present so they can do a culture of them. the test will not work if the sores have healed!!!

i hope you're feeling better soon and that this isn't anything serious! good luck. if you need to talk or have any questions you don't feel like posting, you can pm me. it could be many many things other than herpes... so i hope you're not too stressed and freaked out.

8. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

there has to be some way to test for herpes if you're not actually having an outbreak... some ppl don't show symptoms for a long time. I think you can take a blood test for it, but i'll google it.

i do agree with not worrying about drugs in your system. they're not going to test for it unless you want them to, and if they do, well... all they can really say is don't do it, right? maybe hand you some pamphlets or something...

anyway, get it done soon so you're not hurting anymore!!!

edit-- okay i googled herpes testing and found this:

http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/1190.html

"Just because no warts or other sores are present does not mean that there is no risk of infection with HPV or herpes. If one is concerned about having been exposed to herpes, but has no visible symptoms, a blood test can be used. Many blood tests for herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) and type 2 (HSV-2 — the virus most often responsible for genital herpes) are available, though they vary in accuracy, some not distinguishing between HSV-1 and 2, while others possibly confusing other herpes viruses (e.g., chicken pox) for HSV-1 or 2. However, according to the American Social Health Association's (ASHA) Herpes Resource Center, a positive HSV-2 result most likely points to genital rather than oral herpes because most cases of genital herpes are caused by HSV-2. For more details about herpes testing, including some specific recommended tests, check out the ASHA Herpes Resource Center web site. No bloods tests for HPV are available at this time."

9. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

Buuuuttttt....

if you haven't had any kind of sexual contact down there i don't see how it could be herpes... you keep your genitals away from everybody but yourself.. and you don't perform heavy petting and then touch yourself... you should be just fine.

10. psilonaut

psilonaut Mushroom Muncher

I call ingrown hair and/or zit

11. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

ehhh... you didn't see the pics... those would be pretty scary zits man. possibly infected... i dunno! *shrug* n/m

12. Rar1013

Rar1013 GroovaMama

Ok...let me ask you something...do you shave down there???

because back in the day when i used to shave that sensitive area down there..well i'd get these bumps that would bleed if squeezed..and i was convinced i had herpes...

then i went to the doc and had it checked out..and she laughed at me...she told me that it was fucking razor burn...!!!!!!!!!!! when all along i thought i had an std...it was crazy......i no longer shave...

also..at the clinic they will not be checking for drugs in the system..no need to worry..especially if you go to a clinic .. they can't even tell your folks that you were there if u wish..

13. psilonaut

Any form of herpes tends to cluster. These were sparse. I'm no dermatologist though :)

14. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

i wouldnt wait bro, and id tell your parents. could just be a type of acne related to pueberty, but better safe than sorry, you dont want to delay when it comes to your johnson. dont worry about the herb in your system, no ones gonna hurt you or put you in jail, theyre not gonna test you for drugs, and they arent going to tell your folks, unless they find heroin or meth, and thats for youre own good. if you havent been gettin it on, you have nothin to worry about from your folks.

15. Ziggystardust

Ziggystardust Member

No, I don't subscribe to the zit theory. I've never had herpes but, from the material I've read, pain is a key factor - not just the discomfort of zits or blocked pores.

I once had a former doctor check what turned out to be a blocked pore / zit on my penis and she was adamant that it was just a blocked pore. The sores in the picture in the original post are different, they look similar to those appearing in various medical articles on herpes.

I've also wondered about the wisdom of using those towels they provide at the gymn I go to, they wash them of course but the thought of infection risk has crossed by mind.

ZS

16. psilonaut

The reason I say zit\ingrown hair is 'cause he's had no sexual contact. And obviously trims the bush.

17. AutumnAuburn

AutumnAuburn Senior Member

Don't be afraid to tell your parents... Just tell your mom that you think you have dermititis, thats what it looks like to me...

And don't be afraid to go to the doctor... They won't drug test you, for a rash... And they certainly can't do it, without you knowing. You have to pee in a cup and sign a bunch of forms...

And if it's just on the sides, you should be able to tell the nurse that you want to leave your underwear on. The doc can just move your underwear to the side, to do the exam of your skin. But really dude... Doctors have seen LOTS AND LOTS of penises. They will forget what yours looks like, 5 minutes after you leave the office. It's really no big deal, at all.

18. faded

faded Member

hi, thast accuatly really good info you gave me thanks. juss to answer what you asked. i dont think im allergic to any dyes or perfumes or detergents. i mean if i was wouldnt i have more of those other places on my body? and i kno if my boxers been washed in some thing allergic since i have a lot of pairs and change soaps every now and then... lol no i dont streak to the woods and pritty sure i aint hit posion ivy since it aint ichy.
    other symptoms? i have had headaches, went to a doc about that all he said was im stressed out. thats about it. no it doesnt hurt when i pee im accuatly pritty hydrated. and yah the area still burns after the out breaks. but see its not accuatly on my penis, or on the pubic hair area. its on my inner thy next to my balls. thats why i dont and HOPE its not herpes. plus given that i havnt even kissed a girl yet it shouldnt be that. i accuatly im not streested or freaked out as much as before now. thanks for the concern...
    now yah i do shave my area but i dont kno if its razar burn since i havnt put a blade threw the area thats infected in a long time. i dont shave my inner thy...and what exactly is jock itch?? i looked it up on yahoo and saw a few pix. looks like its inected a HUGE area. mine is pritty small. i dont kno about ingrown hair. i loooked it up on yahoo and i came across PAPULES AND PUSTULES i saw a few of the pix and looks like that might be it.. http://www.acne.net/papules.html thats the web site
    i really appperiate your concern. and belive me its made me feel alot better and helped me thank you agian.

19. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

ahhh you put the pics back up :)

it's on your thigh? i thought you had said it was on your balls... either way, it looks like you'll be fine eh? just go to the doc anyway!

20. lawngirl

lawngirl Member

what do you shave with? soap? shaving cream? just water? is it scented? perhaps the soap (or lack of) dried it out too much, and then irritated it (maybe due to the friction of your rough jeans brushing against it all day, especially since that tends to be a warmer/more sweaty area). also, what sort of razor do you use? if you're using one of those beasts with like four blades it's probably shaving too close... look for a single blade, or two, tops. how long has this been going on, and when was the last time you shaved? when did you first notice it? if it's infected razor burn or infected ingrown hairs, it probably took a decent amount of time to develop to that stage.

if you haven't even kissed a girl yet, i don't know how it could be herpes. genital herpes can not only appear on and IN the genitals, but also in/around the anus and thighs, too, which was why i didn't rule it out based on that part... but you said it doesn't burn when you pee, and that is probably a good way to rule out that this isn't herpes. i hear it causes problems (swelling or irritation?) to the urethra, so if it was herpes, you'd probably have some pain when you pee, at least for the first outbreak.

so being that your headaches are stress related and there are no flu-like symptoms with it, as well as no burning when you pee, plus no sexual contact.. it's probably NOT herpes. :D

how are the sores different from when you first noticed them? what did they look like when they first appeared? do they change much? did they all appear at the same time or have they increased?

i clicked on that link and checked out the pictures of the pap/pustuals and they look similar to what you were showing in your picture, so maybe that's what it is... definitely sounds better than herpes. ;)