tooth fairy emergency - pleese help

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by cousinit, Dec 27, 2004.

1. cousinit

cousinit Member

a young lady I know is freeking out. she needs to know how to get a tooth out from under a pillow without waking her son. i sugested sedatives but she punched me rather hard in the arm.

tooth will lily be out tomorrow, and my internet conection is down tuesday.

2. nitemarehippygirl

nitemarehippygirl Senior Member

..didn't i just say goodbye to you a week or so ago?

3. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

4. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

About an hour after they fall asleep is when you can be pretty sure they are in a REALLY deep sleep. DON'T do it near morning, as a lot of kids are having lots of REM at this time and wake up really easily. (Moon caught my dh as he was looking for the tooth, we don't have a big deal with tooth fairies and Santa ect in our house, so it wasn't a big deal, but he waited until morning, and she woke up, I never woke up a kid about an hour after they fell asleep.)

The idea of putting the tooth into a container, a little felt bag, or even an old pill bottle, that you let the kid decorate, will make it easier to find.

Good luck.

5. cousinit

cousinit Member

.putting it in a cup is good idea, but her kid seems to think it needs to be under the pillow. but I dont know, im kinda wierded out by the whole thing, its Hard for a guy to go from being a kid to seeing some one with a kid

and nightmare, yes you did say goodby last week. somone from the phone company will be showing up to take my adls hub and disconect everything tommorrow afternoon and then its no more web surfing. I wasnt planning on comming back but some habits are hard to kill. i'll be going cold turky soon enough

6. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

This brings back such memories for me. One night we had a tooth come out right before bedtime with no warning that it was about to come out. I had absolutely no money. My neighbor/best friend was not home. I left a note on her door. "Tooth fairy has an emergency, please come over no matter what time you get in." I still remember that and that little 7 year old is now in his 30's. Friend came over and the tooth fairy left a dollar.

I like the idea of a pillow with a little pocket in it. Much easier to find. I never woke up a sleeping child. I won't have to deal with this for a few more years again. Dakota is only 2.

Kathi

7. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

Maddie has lost two teeth so far, and I haven't had a problem. She is the heaviest sleeper ever! Last summer I had appendicitis so we packed the girls up and took them to my mom's house at 1 am before taking me to the ER. She woke up the next morning at my mom's and was very confused.

Kathi, I had a similar tooth fairy emergency. I had to raid Maddie's piggy bank for a dollar to give her!:&