Father issues

Discussion in 'Men's Issues' started by MattInVegas, Dec 25, 2004.

1. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

THIS thread is for all you Fathers out there.
    One day, this thread may become a Forum of it's own. Until that day, Let this thread be for Father's rights, and the issues We as the male parent face.
    I'll start it off. I have two sons, and one daughter. I would give my LIFE to protect them!
    Ask any question you may have guys. I'll do my BEST to answer it. My answers WILL be designed to protect your children, and YOUR rights as a Father.
    (Sorry Moms. WE need help too!)

2. PeaceBabe

PeaceBabe Senior Member

I am female, sorry but I had to say this. My dad got full custody of me when I was 18 monthes old, and we have been as close as any father and daughter could be

Gramps69 likes this.
  3. MattInVegas

Far Out! That's a good thing. Isn't it? I just thought Fathers should have something here in the Parenting forum too.

Stuart Little likes this.
  4. Butterflygal

Butterflygal Member

I agree! Some kids are actually better off with their fathers. Good thinking, Matt!!

5. MattInVegas

The thinking behind this, is dedicated to my daughter. She had me wrapped around her little pinkie finger. She was Daddy's Girl. Raising a daughter is particulary difficult.
    There is not a male on the PLANET, who doesn't have problems with the issues involved. Mom's, you KNOW what I mean. Dad's, must have the NERVE and the LOVE to go to the store and buy things now & then. (My daughter is grown now, and I still have trouble talking about the thing every 28 days.)
    My sons on the other hand, I tried to teach them that females are Equals. NOT sex objects. We males are NOTHING if we're alone.
    I want to let other fathers know that they can LOVE thier children without being convicted of a crime.
    Job #1 for a father, is to PROTECT thier children from harm. This can even mean protecting them from themselves. But, you have to let them be themselves too.
    You may not like it, but your daughter has to go out on dates, and have friends that YOU may not like. You have to not only trust your children, but, talk to them like they are human beings too. Talk TO them. Not, DOWN to them.

1 person likes this.
  6. Elle

Elle Senior Member

That's exactly right:) My father and I dont have much of a relationship......that right there is just a part of the reason. But if that one thing would change, it would change alot for the good. He trys, but it's almost like he can't help himself.....he has to yell or snap or just be plane RUDE. It's in his blood...his parents were worse.
    Anyway, good idea for a thread.

7. PeaceBabe

PeaceBabe Senior Member

I believe that a father daughter relationship should be more open. I mean, not so technical.

8. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

I was raised by mom and step dad with close and freequent contact with father.
    He was raising his two step daughters who saw dad once a year.
    crazy issues in abandon!
    Matt, you ar e right that this is the PARENTING forum, not the moms of small children forum.
    I'm going to sticky this!
    but I have one Q, do your kids like John Denver?
    Arlo is kind of slipping in that.

9. PeaceBabe

PeaceBabe Senior Member

yeah, its been stickyed!

10. Orsino2

Orsino2 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I think it's more natural for mothers to feel like more of a parent than fathers as they gave birth... but fathers are parents too... Fathers be good to your daughters, daughters will love like you do, girls become lovers who turn into mothers, so mothers be good to your daughters, too. It's stereotypical that most fathers are much closer to their daughters and mothers closer to their sons... oddly. I'm not afraid of becoming a parent someday... I love the thought. If I never marry, I've thought about adopting... but I'm scared. Scared that my child wouldn't have a mother.

11. PeaceBabe

PeaceBabe Senior Member

I love that song

12. MattInVegas

If any of you Dads, have questions, or Answers. Join us. We have to be here for each other.

13. Gr8fulyDeadicated

Gr8fulyDeadicated Member

YAY!! Dads who care! Thanks for being there guys, you are so important to your kids...

14. lenamarina

lenamarina LaLa

Awe, that's adorable! LOL! It looks like baby is driving a car.

Lena

15. Element

Element Member

Hey Everybody
    My boyfriends name is James and he has a beautiful daughter who will be 3 on Valentines Day. And I am just so amazed how she can be so little and just have him wrapped completly around her finger. Her mother didnt want her and wanted to abort her but obviously James wouldnt hear that at all. So he told her to just have the baby and he'd take her and she wouldnt have to deal with her if she didnt want to. And she hasnt. :confused: James and myself are totally confused by this I mean how do you not love your own child. But James loves her *way* more then enough and thats perfectly ok because shes such a great little girl and he is a magnificient father

-sarah

16. MattInVegas

This is what I like to hear. A Father who steps up! The wee one is better off with Daddy in this case. Yes, they can wrap Pappa around thier finger from Birth. Believe me! Mine did. She owned me from the second she came out. James sounds like a fine man. Let us know how things go.

17. Naturedude90

Naturedude90 Member

Hi
    I'd like to hear about other kids out there that are being brought up by 2 Dads. I have 2 Dads and a lesbiam Mom. I live with my 2 Dads, but my Mom is a big part of my life too.I really love all my parents and l think that I'm real lucky to be so loved! Peace... Aiden
    PS I'm 14 and a boy.

18. MattInVegas

You might have better luck getting a reply in the "Gay' forum. But, I hope you find what you want in here. How about it? Anyone have two Dads?

19. Element

Element Member

Hi its me again i was here and i read the reply by naturedude90 about him having a gay parents. it reminded me of something this woman i work with said to me. James and his daughter, Jill, came in to get pizza. When they came in I hugged them both and took there order and all then the person I was working with said "you have such a cute daughter" to me. I said "well thanks but imnot her mother." then she gave me this look like why the hellare you hanging out with her then. Before she could say anything i told her "im her fathers girlfriend and her real mom lives in Tenn." then she was like your 17 and your dating someone with a kid, and do you do motherly things for her. Stupid stuff like that. Well yeah I am 17 but James is 19 its not like he's 30. And I had to ask what he meant by "do i do motherly things" she said "do you play dress up with her and play dolls?" she said more stuff but its not really important. I had to laugh so i asked her if she meant that because she lives with her dad she was gonna grow up to be boy-ish. She nodded. Some people can be so dumb.Jill is the girliest girl i know she plays with dolls and has dress up clothes and pretend make up but she is sort of a tom-boy. She gets dirty and plays with fire engines and trucks that her cousins have, Just because her mother doesnt have anything to do with her doesnt mean she's gonna turn into her father. She has aunts and her gradmother. Being a girl doesnt mean wearing dresses everyday and not being allowed to climb trees and play in the dirt.

Another thing::
    Yesterday Jill spilled kool-aid all over there white carpet...James was frozen. Then Jill looked at it and went "Uh Oh Daddy" Which made him laugh and come out of his trance. James showed Jill how to clean it up (he was helping of course) and nows there a giant red spot right in the middle of the floor, so much for the security deposit.

sarah

20. MattInVegas

Good story, Sarah. But, you're right. Just because Mom isn't in the picture, doesn't mean anything at all about how the girl will grow up, and who she will be. I'm positive there are plenty of female roll models around. (Teachers, etc...) She'll be who she WANTS to be. And your co-worker would be better off keeping her trap shut about things that don't concern her. Like someone else's child.