Favorite Parks/Outdoor Places

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by hello, May 25, 2004.

1. hello

hello ~*resonance*~

i've traveled a lot around this country, to just about every region.

but my favorite spots are:
    -Big Sur, California
    -Great Smoky Mountains Nat'l Park, Tennessee/NorthCarolina
    -Ocala Nat'l Forest, Florida
    -Deserts in Arizona, all of them :)
    -Acadia Nat'l Park, Maine
    -Mt. Washington, New Hampshire

then i've got all my favorite local spots, you know, county parks and wilderness areas and such. many places that i identify with on a deeply spiritual level.

so what are your favorite outdoor places? be as specific as you like :)

2. JamminOTR

JamminOTR Member

Red Rocks, CO...used to be like my backyard. I have seen god knows how many shows there. By far he most beautiful place I've seen so far in my life. Eaten way to many mushrooms there too. Proud to say I know every nook and cranney and smoking spot and hiding spot at the entire place. And the colours, the colours duke, the colours!

West Coast...USA...lol, kinda. More like north Cal, the Oregon Coast line and Western Washingon. Love those old growth forests.

Canyon Lands, UT...what a magical place. Get a marm weather day, a bunch of friends camping, beer and psychadelics and you can call me good. I love the Arches and the red stone and everything, the night shy, the soft sand. Yey.

Those are my favorites so far...but still definately looking for those picturesque places every day. Good travels compadres!

3. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

ive got the chesapeake the patuxant and potomac rivers.....and i love starved rock in illinois.

4. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

i live in a park,

its called the adirondack park in upstate New York, its greener than green;)

5. Midget

Midget Senior Member

Well...for being a city, Portland, Oregon isn't bad. Sometimes it sucks, but then I go wonder around Hawthorne, etc...I need to go to Saturday market...haven't been there in Ages.

I love Eastern Oregon--it's all dessert, basically. You can see a *long* ways, lol. Smith Rock is in Central Oregon, I go there with my dad and bro to climb...it's fun. I can see myself wondering around there for a while. :-D

I also like Red Rocks (in Nevada, just outside of Vegas...). Fly into Vegas, drive to Red Rocks...climbing is GREAT. It's so nice there. Last time we were in Vegas, though, we drove out to Lake Mead--me, my dad, my bro, and Cam. Me and Cam wondered around there for a little bit...it was a blast!!!

6. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

Unfortunately, I haven't been outside as much as I should have been, but my favorite park is Yoyogi Park in Tokyo. It's a great place for runners (although I haven't gone running there), and there are many fun activities there. Also, it's a great place to read a book.

7. sonik

sonik Member

Alconquin Ontario

8. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

Southern Utah, including Canyonlands, Zion etc. 5 national parks that are all breathtaking and great for camping

Smoky Mountains-I just love it down there, great vibe

Olympic National Park-old growth forest, green green, beaches with giant trees for driftwood, don´t count on a campfire, moss everywhere...especially in the rainforest

Red River Gorge, KY-a great place towards the east that not many people know about, lots of rock overhangs, beware of deliverance type people

Grand Tetons, WY-stunning mountain scenery

9. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

one of my favorites is Glacier Nat'l Park. theres nothing like biking up "Going to the Sun road" for 9 hours.

10. sonik

sonik Member

Going to Glacier the 1st of september.

Im so pumped!

:cool:

11. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

smokey mountains(NC+TN)
    New River (WV 2nd oldest river in the world)
    White mountains(NH)
    MT. shasta (CA)
    cougar hot springs(OR)
    glacier (MT)
    the hills of SW wisconsin
    Alleghenny NAtional forest (PA)
    old man cave(OH)

12. Spinner

Spinner Member

Six Flags
    Universal Studios-Islands of Adventure
    Busch Gardens
    Dorney Park
    Hersey Park
    WaterCountry USA
    Rye Playland
    Astroland

13. seamonster66

That´s cool that you mentioned Old Mans Cave, Wayfarer, I live fairly close to there and it gets overlooked a lot.

And Spinner, you should really check out Cedar Point in Sandusly, OH....best amusement park ever.

14. sonik

sonik Member

Cedar point is great, I try to get there every other year or so.

Top notch, if you dig rollercoasters.

15. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

hahahah i used to go to cedarpoint all the time.

16. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

probably going to cedar point this summer. probably around when the DNC is taking place in boston. that should be fun.

17. seamonster66

Nice, i think it´s a great setting for an amusement park. I like how when you are at the top of a rollercoaster hill you can look out over the lake.
    The millenium force is pretty good too, they have so many coasters there now!

18. sonik

sonik Member

Last time I was there the line for the melenium force was 2 hours long.

ug

Longest I will wait for a ride is half an hour, and thats pushing it.

:(

19. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

My favorites are Big Sur, California and Gates of the Arctic National Park in Alaska, in the Brooks Range north of the arctic circle.

20. JohnnyATL

JohnnyATL Banned

Has anyone ever been to The Cohutta Wilderness in North Ga/Tennesse? it is my fave. so far. The best trail is Jack River Falls, it has a huge waterfall that you can jump off into the river : )