Criminal Investigations

Discussion in 'Politics' started by TheLittleOne, Dec 11, 2004.

1. TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne Senior Member

Ok, I'm freaking involved in a criminal investigation..omg whattt the fuck.
    Ok, here's what happened. Tuesday night me and my friends got all drunked up, and this guy had sex w/ my friend in my bed....and i was sleeping on my couch...now this girl has a boyfriend and was completely smashed. so she is reporting him...ive spoken w/ three cops...at WORK. they questioned me for almost two hours...
    and they arrested the guy at WORK...for 'contributing alcohol to a minor', just to hold him i guess till they get his story..im just shook up...i dont want to be all involved in this shit...i wish it hadn't even happened. i could've stopped it..but i didnt. i froze up. i didnt know what the fuck to do...and now there's investigators n shit...
    they already changed the locks on my door (i live in employment housing at a ski resort). so i cant even get in my house when i get off work in 10 min....they're searching my room (i gave them permission) and taking all my bedding. i mean, that sucks...but whatever helps my girl out...im friends w/ the guy too. we all are...but i dont know why he did that to her...well he's in jail and i have a feeling this is gonna be a looooong ass ordeal. damn..

2. cutelildeadbear

cutelildeadbear Hip Forums Gym Rat

ok, I don't really know the whole story because I wasn't there. But you said that she had sex with him and she has a boyfriend. The last time I checked that is not a crime. If he didn't force her to do anything (and it doesn't sound like he did) then what exactly is she reporting?

Things like this really anger me because women have had so much crap to deal with in the past when reporting rape and just when we think things are improving and the system could actually be helping the right people, others take advantage of it because of their stupid mistakes that they feel guilty about after the fact. There is a huge different between being raped (or date raped in this case) and feeling guilty for having sex with someone.

Like I said I don't know the whole story, but it doesn't sound to me like this guy did anything wrong(as far as the law goes), and this girl just didn't want her man to find out that she slept with some guy after drinking all night long. Unless, she was not even conscious when it happened. If he had sex with her when she was passed out, then that is a different story.

Now they could pin him for the providing alcohol to minors or something, but rape, no. It's going to be his word against hers though, so I hope he can find a good lawyer. These situations are so hard to determine because you don't want people to get away with rape, but you also don't want women using it as an excuse either.

3. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

How old is your friend, btw? If she is 19 like yourself, or even 18, then she is not a minor and thus the alcohol charge would be bogus from the outset. As to the other charge, as the poster just above has said, it requires far more clarification of what the situation was before anyone could legitimately comment on any possible crime having been committed.

If, as you claim, you are friends with the guy in question, then i would seriously question what constitutes friendship to you since you seem so willing to see him arrested and charged.

4. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

Drinking age over here is 21....

5. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

I realise that drinking age is 21 in some states like my home state of Mass, but I am not aware of whether that is nationwide. The term "minor" however typically refers to one under the age of 18 from what little I know of criminal law.

At any rate, it sounds as if the alcohol charge is far from the main issue in this scenario.

6. TheLittleOne

The girl is 19. And he is in custody for providing alcohol to a minor..

Basically, they both don't remember much from that night, and I'm the only person that knows really what happened. I was awake in the same room. I saw them for a second, but that's it. I heard the rest.

She was semi conscious, but couldn't even walk. She was puking for a good hour. The guy was drunk too, but it didn't seem like he was bad as her...he was able to carry her to my bed. I got up to go eat, and when i came back he was on top of her. I didn't hear her say 'no'. But she did say 'did you use a condom?' he said no, then kept telling her how hot she was and how good it felt. She kept trying to put her pants back on..he kept messing around with her so she couldn't get dressed.

She told her boyfriend. I guess she feels like he took advantage of her because she was just so fucked up she couldn't say no. He didn't have her consent. I guess she's just so confused about it all, that she just had to report it. i guess it's up to nick to try and get himself out of it.

And he is my friend, and so is she. I told the police what they asked for. I gave them permission to strip my bed. I don't know if what happened was rape or just drunk sex that she's ashamed of. She feels like she was taken advantage of...I'm not taking sides cuz i know how it is to be drunk and have sex...and i'm just gonna do what i can to help. I'm pretty much the only one that has an idea of what happened. I feel bad that it has gone this far. Everyone's really pissed at him. And i agree, it's fucked up to sleep w/ a really drunk girl. But he was just as confused as she was the next day. So I'm not sure what's gonna happen...
    any comments/opinions are appreciated

7. saffronfrancisburnet

saffronfrancisburnet Member

hi there

this sounds quite nasty.the system will take control of this situaion......
    what every path this takes you all on now, is one you will
    have to judge when finished.

personaly i feel if your friend cant remember what happened
    in the bedroom then something is wrong with all
    involved, and if this is a problem
    then think about trust....

i would be honest about the whole thing
    and if your girl friend who is in trouble
    is covering for being unfaithful,then i
    hope she is a true friend....
    and doesnt drag you into any silly
    head games.
    as for the rest i feel maybe it time to grow
    up about how you and your friends
    treat each other,and look after yourselves.

be more aware of what can happen
    the grown up world is far more
    scary than the kids or even teenage
    worlds.
    love n peace from saff

8. TheLittleOne

Well...he got arrested again..supposedly for (sexual?) assault in California now...The girls don't talk to me anymore..I guess they don't trust me or think i'm on his side...whatever..I just want my bedding back from the damn investigators (they took it for lab analysis)