I Want To Stay Long Term In Nepal, How?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by roadwalker, Mar 1, 2017.

1. roadwalker

roadwalker Members

Hi folks, I have always had that dream to go to Nepal, and just leave everything behind. And now, when I have job and some money, at least enough for ticket and visa or whatever, I want to know can I stay there for a long term and what do I need to do that, do I need to get some visa or what, is it possible to stay for more than one year there without getting a formal job? I'd be very thankful if someone can answer. The thing is, I would just like to go there and find some accomondation and food in replacement for some farm working, is that all possible to do?

2. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Go on their government web-site and read what their rules are for your situation. Some countries have special deals for Americans (with an American passport) and others have time limits on how long you can stay. Some countries want you to apply for something like a three year visa but you have to deposit money in a local bank. It would be a good idea to find a local attorney there and contact him by email before you go there. You don't want surprises in a remote country. Legal problems are bad enough in America.

3. roadwalker

roadwalker Members

Thanks for the answer. Actually I'm not from America but know totally what you're talking about. Cheers

Tags: